Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Iraq forcing children to fight or be executed

If anyone wants to see how evil this Iraqi regime is, read this.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31748

OPERATION: IRAQI FREEDOM

Children forced to take up guns?

U.S.: Youngsters seized from homes,

families told males must fight or be executed

Posted: March 27, 2003

2003 WorldNetDaily.com

Iraq has sunk to a new low in unconventional warfare, with regime forces threatening children and having them take up guns on the battlefield, according to U.S. officials and a reporter embedded with coalition troops.

Coalition leaders report Iraqi paramilitary forces are going into homes and threatening whole families with death if they don't join the battle.

"Our field commanders report that in the vicinity of Najaf ... Iraqi regime forces are seizing children from their homes and telling their families that the males must fight for the regime or they will all face execution," Brig. Gen. Vincent Brooks said this morning.

At a press briefing from Central Command headquarters in Doha, Qatar, Brooks told reporters the development represents but one example of the regime's growing and "pronounced" disregard for the Geneva Convention, which governs the rules of engagement.

"Once again, we see the regime's terrorist tactics, where they bring the innocent onto the battlefield as they try to do anything to stay in power," said Central Command spokesman Jim Wilkinson.

Iraqi families watch coalition troops travel past them.

There is evidence the families are choosing battle over execution for their boys.

WTVD-TV reporter Keith Garvin who is traveling with Marines from Camp Lejeune reports children taking part in a two-hour battle between the Marines and Iraqi troops that took place last night behind a Marine camp at An Nasiriyah.

"Unfortunately, some of the children have been firing at our Marines and our Marines have been forced to defend themselves," he said.

Hours before, civilians living behind the camp were seen setting up bunkers and military officials "said they had heard or felt that something bad was going to happen," Garvin reported.

He said some of the Iraqi fighters were using women as shields and had given guns to children.

Intelligence reports indicated 2,000 Iraqi troops advanced on the camp in a skirmish which involved the firing of missiles and artillery, and ultimately was augmented with aerial bombing.

Garvin said 25 Marines were wounded in the fight, though none of the injuries appeared to be life-threatening.

children in the middle east deal with these kinds of things day in, day out...they are much more older mentally than kids in western countries...while i am a bit suspicious about the source of this article, i wouldn't be surprised. saddam is a sick fuck...

we are seeing the world from our eyes only, and not taking into regard the many other sides that exist...that is our narrow minded policy. .....

Originally posted by sassa

children in the middle east deal with these kinds of things day in, day out...they are much more older mentally than kids in western countries...while i am a bit suspicious about the source of this article, i wouldn't be surprised. saddam is a sick fuck...

I'll agree with that,