Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any good clubs/bars in D.C and Philly?

i used to live in DC for about three years. I'm not too sure about the philly scene, but DC def has one!!:clap2:

You should check out club 5, and 1223. There's also the 18th street lounge right there to which is more laid back with chillout techno in the background. 5 has had some big names stop by such as Scott Henry, Josh Wink, etc. Maybe you'll get lucky and be able to hear someone good spin! 1223 is slightly more maintream, but it is always fun too. Luckily all these places are right across the street from each other and there are a few bars nearby too. It's located around the Dupont Circle area of DC.. hope this helps! :D

Too bad this wasn't a year ago, or else i would have suggested BUZZ-- the biggest friday night party ever. oh well. The scene has changed down there so i'm not too sure what exactly you are looking for but in that little area, you should find at least something you will like:aright:

I went to school in Baltimore, went to DC most weekends, Buzz was the shit. . . Club Glow (www.clubglow.com) a good alternate for world-class talent . There are a ton of lounges in DC, always a new hot spot, havent been there in over a year so couldnt tell you what's hot now. Bars, never a big fan of bars in DC, I liked Baltimore and Annapolis for barhopping.

haha, i went to school orginally in baltimore too, then transfered down to DC... i don't blame you for the weekend roadtrips! the party scene was so much more alive down DC . especially at buzz!:spin2:

yeah, i was trying to think of Glow's name, but couldn't think of it off the top of my head. I've been there a few times and heard some decent dj's. Although not comparable to buzz, its definitely one of DC' s better spots.

I spent 1 semester studying business & politics in DC...you are all trying to think of Zei Club = Glow....I used to hear George Acosta there....other than that...1223 (in Roman Numerals) was always upscale fun...Platinum was ok...5 sucked..but more hardcore than most places...The Cage...is where Skribble used to spin...Tony 7 Joes at the waterfront is the closest to Surf Club Sundays that you will get......hope this helps...

I was at Buzz almost every weekend for a year and a half, always wearing a basketball jersey, giant black shorts, 6'7" guy with goatee. . . i loved the place, the crowd, the atmosphere, the system, everything. But when I went there last july, a few months before it closed up, I saw a lot more "trendy" people there, including girls wearing 4" high heels, a guy in a suit. . . it was just retarded, people needed to be shot. Plus, the king of no skills, DJ Micro, was on the tables. . .he is just pathetic.

I've seen Tiesto, DJ Taucher, Acosta, ATB, among others at Glow in both places, a little bit more of an upscale crowd, but good places.

i practically lived at Buzz for a good 2 years back in 96-98. went to school at GW and came with a huge group of freaks (myself included... that's another story). scott henry was the shit back then. once the jungle scene exploded i was on my way out, but it was still one of the best friday night spots i'll ever "remember" being at.

such a good party town DC was. too bad i missed deep dish by about 2 years.

what were some of the parties u all went to down there? snowball? sting (obviously)? bassrush?

hey, I went to GW too..I transfered there in 99 and graduated in 01... i know i missed the hardcore "real" buzz before fox busted it.. Nonetheless, I still tried to slavage as much fun and energy as i could out of the place!:aright:

yeah the fri parties were called sting back then but it was all still the same, or i guess as close as it could have been. i heard mad dj's there..ummm.. PVD, Deep Dish, Scott Henry, Dave Ralph, DJ Dan, Bad Boy BIll, Donald Glaude, Dieselboy, Aphrodite... way too many to mention

I went back there again last year, and my jaw dropped at all the trendy kids on line.. it was total GW on the sidewalk! i thought the taxi driver drove me to the wrong place:worry: the music was still phat, but it definitely lacked the vibe that was so much a part of buzz

Now its closed, so i guess it's all just water under the bridge.. lol...but i will never forget those insane nights outside looking out at the capital at sunrise...

Originally posted by karisma

did any of you ever go to the ultraworld parties? i only made it to Sunrise, but it was amazing. For some reason, i never made it to the Starscapes, but i heard those were the best parties... anyway, just wondering....

ultraworld gigs were the best parties w/in DC hands down. they would start at around 2 or 3 in the afternoon and go til like 11 or 12. then everyone would stagger over to buzz for afterhours til like 8 or 9 AM.

did u go to buzz back in the day when you'd go there and there'd be all those thugs sittin outside just driving around the block tryin to pick up girls? it was hysterical. they'd start in the gas station, drive around the block, go through the mc donald's drive through then back around the block to the gas station like a figure 8.

that area of DC was a shithole. can't tell you how many times i came outside and my window was smashed or someone was tryin to break into my shit. damn crackheads.

Originally posted by dogekid

did u go to buzz back in the day when you'd go there and there'd be all those thugs sittin outside just driving around the block tryin to pick up girls? it was hysterical. they'd start in the gas station, drive around the block, go through the mc donald's drive through then back around the block to the gas station like a figure 8.

:laugh: they sure did....thats so funny

I went to Ultraworld events twice, both were the best massives I've ever been to. Well organized, banging system, just great events.

My favorite night at Buzz wasn't even a Buzz event, for Paul Van Dyk on a Wednesday. . . a great crowd, a great mix, he rocked that system. I loved going there. I remember a 3day period where I saw PvD on Wednesday at Nation, Judge Jules at Fever in Baltimore (decent event, shut down becuase a guy committed suicide on the train tracks), and Laurent Garnier at Buzz.

I loved chilling out on the patio at night, watching sunrise, driving into the sunrise to Baltimore, chilling and loving it. I miss that club sooooo much.

Originally posted by bigsteve8

My favorite night at Buzz wasn't even a Buzz event, for Paul Van Dyk on a Wednesday. . .

hey i think i was there on the same night! i know this b/c i wanted to go to PVD soooo bad, but i had class the next day.. i went out anyway though. hehe

thats the only time i heard PVD..he dropped a sick set..

Originally posted by cynstam21

Leaving tomorrow, for a week, for business, but I dont want to chill in the Hotel, or hang with my boss. Any suggestions?

Bizzare, I was in the DC area that same weekend... That was when it was gorgeous one day (70ish) and snowed the next.

Significance of this belated fact....nothing really..

Yes I know...Im cool:cool: