Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Post your FAVORITE cars!

joeg

Originally posted by joeg

3kgts are "ok"...

but they're not worth their size/weight....

they have shitty tranny's aswell...

and while i think that honda is ugly... i don't care enough about labeling something "jdm" to make my cock feel 2 inches longer to bother critisizing...

but i will say, those are rota battle rims or something... and fuckit... they weigh like 14lbs (16x7.5") and they're only $500/set... why waste an extra $2500 on the same thing with a "JDM" label when you can throw that money into your engine... i mean, if money's no object, sure... but most people mod on a budget...

there is a big difference... replicas make chepa rims. they are cast aluminum. real deal shits cost more cuz they are forged aluminum... = stronger and sometimes lighter.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by atomicapples

there is a big difference... replicas make chepa rims. they are cast aluminum. real deal shits cost more cuz they are forged aluminum... = stronger and sometimes lighter.

unless you're running 18's or larger that have no rubber... the strength thing isn't really an issue... the rotas/konigs aren't gonna bend on hard turning or anything... you gotta really knock into something...

the rota knockoffs are exactly the same weight as their high-priced counterpart...

what IS worth the money, however... is the forged rims that are like 17 (or 18) x 10" and only weigh like 8lbs.... now THAT is worth 2g a set if you have the money...

just a funny note about the C3...the guy had to sell it almost immediately after finishing it cuz he was too fat and couldnt press the clutch comfortably. Of course, in a car with 1000hp you better be able to press the clutch comfortably or youll die! but i thought it was funny...maybe he should've just taken up Bally Total Fitness..

3kgts are "ok"...

but they're not worth their size/weight....

they have shitty tranny's aswell...

If you guys are gonna talk badly about a car please know waht you're saying. The reason why they are heavy is because they are meant to be touring cars so they are meant to be as comfortable as possible and still have performance.

take a '93 vr4 for example, 300bhp stock, 5spd, AWD, power leather seats, active exhaust, active aero (which the only other car that has anything like this is porsche; very elite company to be compared to), electronically controlled suspension with sport and touring modes...and this is a 1993 car, and it didnt' cost you 100,000. You can run mid - very low 12s 1/4mi with just simple bolt ons and stock turbos...the lowest on stock turbos for that car has benn 11.7....i would have to say thats a lot better than just "OK" especially for stock turbos

as far as the tranny's they are perfectly fine....there is a problem with the transfer cases leaking, but there is a recall for it and the only other problem is a 1-2 synchro that wears down but there is a replacement for it now....besides that these tranny's have proven to be very good for autocrossing and the 5spd has proven very strong for sum good traps in the 1/4mi

all in all a great performance vehicle, with comfort and style to boot.

gross... the 3000gt fucking sucks... the style sucks, the motor sucks, everything about the car sucks.

just plan crappy.

as for th cast rims being as strong as forge, your wrong...

btw : dont those stock 17 eclipse rims alkways been??? teklord, please confirm this. :D

hahahaha...we'll sit your bug eyed WRX next to my 3000GT and see which one looks better. Period. in fact, start a poll on which car looks better...then no argument. as for your car...hmmm...how come everythign in the car sucks so much? i swear, if subaru spent $3k in the car, $2900 of that went to the seats and the steering wheel. everything else is cheap shit. plastic from old civics that was melted into a shape that sorta fits into your boxcar. and what?....what?....awd nothing? the awd launch in a WRX is freakin USELESS. my 3000GT N/A FWD outlaunches WRXs. WORST AWD launch ever...so weak.

i hate 3000gt.. fucking big and heavy... just a piece of ugly metal slapped together.... look at the size of that side marker...

1) If you have a problem with 3000Gt that is your opinion. Dont bash other cars just because you dont like it. You can take your POS of a car and try to keep up with us on ANY Terrian.

The NA model of the stealth and 3kgt are 3200 pounds, and the tt edition was 3760lbs. yeah a big car. It is nice to be that big and wiegh that much cause when I am going 165mph in that car you better believe that I am doing that like a sunday walk threw the park. So if you ever get in a accident it almost guarantees that you are going to be ok. Good luck being ok after you roll your wrx. or talon. I have had friends flip and roll and fuckup thier talons, wrx, and eclipse. they didn't look to pretty if they had a more stable sports car.

gross... the 3000gt fucking sucks... the style sucks, the motor sucks, everything about the car sucks.

just plan crappy.

as for th cast rims being as strong as forge, your wrong...

btw : dont those stock 17 eclipse rims alkways been??? teklord, please confirm this. :D

2) the is an awesome car it is a concept not another average sports car. The engine is built perfrect for the job that it was intended to do. You can run up to 600hp with stock internals I wanna see any talon 4g63 do that or that wrx do that as well.

The transmissions are strong as well you can hold almost any hp up to it but you will have to make sure your transfer case isn't leaking. Which there is a recall on them and they will replace that for free. The picture with the lambo doors Yeah those are stock rims for the second gen vr4's but you have to notice the fine work that each of those rims were hand made. They are custom hand made 18" rims. How many othercars do you know that have those for under $100,000?

Last point do not knock what you do not know. And do not say stupidshit when you dont have the car or the balls to back it up.

as a matter of fact subaru have a very well designed motor. no other way to prove then to rally it and beat the shit out of it. name one thing the gto does? drift on all the big name tracks in japan? none... when was the last time you seen a 3000gt on a cover of a magazine? about 7 years ago... i have driven many 3000gt... but power to weight ratio is terrible... why do you think they didnt sell many? since 3000gt was in the samw class as the supra, 300zx level of proformance... why do i still see these cars around? and maybe 1 or 2 3000gts? the only race i have seen a 3000gt in is in the JPGT... and even then they were mostly skylines, supras, and nsx. as for launching... why would a fwd car be better? why does all those cars need wheelie bars? when they cant pop wheelies with fwd? why would you make a fwd on such a big car? given that the vr4s are fast... but no off the line...

the simple fact is teh wrx is a 4cylinder single turbo... and the 3kgt is 6cyl with 2 13b turbos... but with BPU they'll run pretty close...

the 3kgt is in a class with the supra and the 300zx... and it doesn't compare...

the wrx is in a class with the DSMs and older MR2s... and they're all in the same ballpark...

the simple fact is teh wrx is a 4cylinder single turbo... and the 3kgt is 6cyl with 2 13b turbos... but with BPU they'll run pretty close...

the 3kgt is in a class with the supra and the 300zx... and it doesn't compare...

the wrx is in a class with the DSMs and older MR2s... and they're all in the same ballpark...

That is what I am trying to say people are talking shit about our cars. and its like what the hell. Youdont just dogg on someone elses that is stupid.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by spacemonkey

That is what I am trying to say people are talking shit about our cars. and its like what the hell. Youdont just dogg on someone elses that is stupid.

Thats what I was trying to say. But I wasnt quite so eloquent.

atomicapples....hahahahaha....you think vr4s arent fast off the line? go find a vr4 on 3si.org near you, and i'll put my money on him that he'll beat you if he can launch his car. the reason my FWD can outlaunch a WRX is because the WRX launch is TERRIBLE. absolutely HORRENDOUS. its worthless.

oh you poor stupid kid....why do FWD need wheelie bars? FWD popping wheelies? you show me a FWD popping a wheelie...stupid...so stupid. just think about it..when do FWD pop wheelies..power going to front wheels...yea i bet youve driven LOTS of 3000gts...idiot...poor poor idiot...:blank:

Stock weights per edmunds.com:

Turbo Supra: 3445 lbs.

Turbo 300ZX: 3502 lbs

3000GT VR-4: 3737 lbs.

(on a side note,

Naturally Aspirated Base 3000GT: 3131 lbs.)

I would call an under 300lbs difference not completely significant, especially considering it DOES have all wheel drive. Its my firm belief that these cars were severly underrated in the early 90's upon review, due to driving habits of the reviewers. In the early 90's, AWD sports cars were almost unheard of in the states, and you certainly can't drive it like a RWD car.

And its my personal opinion that the 3000GT is exactly what a sports car SHOULD look like.

Also, comparing stock cars to modified cars is retarded. ;-)

Edit: Oh, and if you actually look at some reviews on body styling and interior design, you'll notice which wins 90% of the time.

i dont think about if you put the same about of money blah blah blah... the wrx is soo much of a cheaper car...

and when did i ever say that a wrx will win vs a 3000gt?

i never wrote such a thing. im not a fucking riceboy where i think my car can race and win anything...

as for the wheelie bar thing... you dont need it if you are not breaking 10 sec. the fuck.. you going to go to walgreens with wheelie bars on your car?

fuck 1/4 mile races.. why are people in the us sooo obsessed with how fast you can go from one side to the other?

real racing require turns and stuff... thats the only way to truely tell what car is better then the other.

tell you the truth.

the fastest road car i have ever seen was a

saturn ion swapped in a h22a d16 bottom end with t3/4 turbo.

port and polished, with a compression of 12:1, rear wheel drive.

its supposed to compete with steves's civic and adams nsx in the pro car rwd.

cintron, remember this car?

dude...first of all, i've never seen a 3000gt with a wheelie bar..have you? ...so stfu...

next, the vr4 will outturn, outrun, whatever...it will beat you in your "real" race....the thing has awd and 4 wheel steering, plus two small turbos which will spool fast out of turns...you better just shut your mouth before you look like more of an idiot...and i dunno if you've noticed, but how many 3000GTs do you see running around wiht stickers n shit all over the place...you call out rice when you dunno wat you talkin about...go sit down