Clubplanet Nightlife Community

South Beach

ClubGirl

well, does anyone remember how memorial day weekend was last year in south beach? is it on DT's calender that he'll be spinning @ Space that weekend? i have friends going down that same weekend too, and im sure any more input would be appreciated.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrstony

well, does anyone remember how memorial day weekend was last year in south beach? is it on DT's calender that he'll be spinning @ Space that weekend? i have friends going down that same weekend too, and im sure any more input would be appreciated.

Last year was my first mem day weekend in florida. Doesn't compare to other parts of the country especially the hamptons and the NJ shore. DT was bad last year, club was not packed, seems everyone leaves town for that weekend. To sum it up, I wouldn't come during that weekend..

Guest brwneydtrouble

Yeah, Tiesto WILL be playing at Space on May 30th, he will also be at The House of Blues in Orlando on May 29th. I am hoping to go to both, since I missed him during conference and Ultra.

I'm glad they moved the Hip Hop Convention, and its true, the clubs make less money on Hip Hop nights than House/Trance nights, per capita. There are a few ballers that dish out the dough though, but they are few and far between.

Originally posted by saleen351

Last year was my first mem day weekend in florida. Doesn't compare to other parts of the country especially the hamptons and the NJ shore. DT was bad last year, club was not packed, seems everyone leaves town for that weekend. To sum it up, I wouldn't come during that weekend..

Well there are two reasons here....

First because of the awards thing people stayed the hell away because of all the shit that went down the previous year when the police were caught totally unprepared. Without the awards I am willing to bet it will be a decent weekend. And the thing absolutv posted about the urban event sounds like some company just trying to make some $$$ and calling their "tour" an event. (but I could be wrong)

and second, in the north the weekend marks the official start of summer so there is a much more festive mood after going through the winter.

I would still think that that weekend will be at least as good as any other now, and maybe a bit better with people going out more on sunday.

Last yr, I came the wk after black week & everybody (cabbies, hotel peeps, bartenders, etc) made comments on how bad it was & how relieved they were that it was over (too bad it has to b that way).

I'll be in SoBe this wknd w/my GF (thurs-sun). Do people still hang out at Nikki's in the afternoons & hit Crobar on Sat. nite?

Looking for a mellow lounge/bar (downtempo, D&B, breakbeats, chill) to start off the evening & then hit a couple of clubs (trance, deep house). Any suggestions?

Thanks everybody! :D

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by shroomy

Well there are two reasons here....

First because of the awards thing people stayed the hell away because of all the shit that went down the previous year when the police were caught totally unprepared. Without the awards I am willing to bet it will be a decent weekend. And the thing absolutv posted about the urban event sounds like some company just trying to make some $$$ and calling their "tour" an event. (but I could be wrong)

and second, in the north the weekend marks the official start of summer so there is a much more festive mood after going through the winter.

I would still think that that weekend will be at least as good as any other now, and maybe a bit better with people going out more on sunday.

put it this way, i think from my experience moving here a year ago and living my whole live in NJ and 5 years at college in NC, that the best weekends down in florida are just reg non holiday weekends... This state rocks, and shines it best when its a huge name dj on a reg weekend... just my 2 cents...

True enough. Outside of WMC, some of the best times I've had were when the likes of Lawler, Howells, Deep Dish, Burridge, Demi, or our locals like Oscar, Edgar, Stryke, or Roland are on the decks somewhere.

Originally posted by pod

True enough. Outside of WMC, some of the best times I've had were when the likes of Lawler, Howells, Deep Dish, Burridge, Demi, or our locals like Oscar, Edgar, Stryke, or Roland are on the decks somewhere.

I think the summer is the best time.... besides having kick ass locals, we had ton's of dj's swing thru last July and August:eek: