Dj Irie Maimi Heat DJ

Also performing Maimi own

4th Down

Ladies Free Before 12am

Free Champagne for the Ladies

Form 11pm- 12am

Doors open at 11pm

Originally posted by pod

To answer the "What?" 99% of this board doesn't come within 100 meters of a hip-hop event. It's fruitless to advertise one on here.

What are you talking about Pod.... I saw you in the front row at the 50cent concert in Laudy:confused:

Yeah pretty much. The honest feeling here is that there's too many hip-hop oriented events on South Beach these days. Friday alone has:

Spi

Level

Menage

the six or seven clubs on the 600 block

Nikki Beach

Opium

code

ZNO (when it opens)

and I know I'm forgetting a few

whereas house, trance, and techno (and all subgenres) are at:

crobar

maze

rain

nerve

So, this board being a primarily house/trance/techno oriented board, this community lets out a collective groan when yet another hip-hop event advertises itself. We're on the defensive now, and have seen our events pushed out by clubs that are only about the bottom line it seems.

I applaud your efforts and know your event will do well. I walk by Menage every Friday on my way to my nightly rounds, and it's usually got a largish line of some sort.

Originally posted by nitroent

so just house and tecno

bro just keep posting ur parties...there are people that frequent this board that like Hip Hop done the right way, with the right crowd (Example: Rain Saturdays)....even people who just come on this to check the board and dont post, i am sure some like hip hop...keep posting on this board...this is a message board committed to clubbing and music and hip hop falls into that category as well..i personally dont like it...but there are people that do...keep posting ur parties bro...dont let POD influence u...:tongue:

Ok peeps, I'm flying in tomorrow AM, doing Crobar on Sat (& maybe after hrs @ "old" Space)

What places are recommended on Friday? (My GF & I like trance, deep house, D&B). I'm asking cuz I haven't been to SoBe since last yr & wanted to know what to avoid (not into Hip-Hop this wknd thanx)

:D

Originally posted by pod

Yeah pretty much. The honest feeling here is that there's too many hip-hop oriented events on South Beach these days. Friday alone has:

Spi

Level

Menage

Nikki Beach

Opium

code

ZNO (when it opens)

and I know I'm forgetting a few

crobar

maze

rain

nerve

So, this board being a primarily house/trance/techno oriented board, this community lets out a collective groan when yet another hip-hop event advertises itself. We're on the defensive now, and have seen our events pushed out by clubs that are only about the bottom line it seems.

I applaud your efforts and know your event will do well. I walk by Menage every Friday on my way to my nightly rounds, and it's usually got a largish line of some sort.

What about saturdays? What's the house/tech/breaks to hiphop ratio????

Well, you asked for it!

Hip-Hop (either exclusively or in the "main room")

Level

Menage

Krave

code

ZNO

Mynt

Rain

and I know I'm missing one or two

House/trance/techno/breaks

Space 34

Spi

Maze

crobar

Lime Bar

Opium

Level (FX's breaks party)

Nerve

and half of those have hip-hop in another room.

The ratios are a little better on Saturday, but sometimes it slips a bit, Opium'll have a hip-hop exclusive night or something.

It's not the music itself that bothers me, I'm on the floor with the rest of them when there's a real old-school track on (though Saleen points out that it would be "rap"...) or something. What I'm getting at is the whole bling-bling culture that seemingly pervades every hip-hop event. I've covered a few from time to time, and if I even so much as accidentally bump into someone, it's like a capital offense.

crobar

maze

rain

nerve

and yet their still not pulling in a crowd. whats that tell you about support. its upsetting that theres more support from the hip hop crowd than there is the house, trance, and dare i say the word.. techno.

Originally posted by fat0ny

crobar

maze

rain

nerve

and yet their still not pulling in a crowd. whats that tell you about support. its upsetting that theres more support from the hip hop crowd than there is the house, trance, and dare i say the word.. techno.

The days of house and all it's other subgenre's are numberd :(

Nitro Entertainment Inc

Presents

@

Club Menage

1532 Washington Ave

Live performances by:

On the 1's & 2's

Dj Irie Maimi Heat DJ

Also performing Maimi own

4th Down

Ladies Free Before 12am