Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do good relationships start off as friendships?

georgym

Now i've been in 3, and each one has started off as a friendship.

I feel it just helps the relationship if the 2 of you are friends first.

Im not saying it wouldn't work if you weren't friends... like if you jump right into dating someone, and then relationship.

But i do believe that in order for a relationship to work, the 2 must be good friends as well ;)

You definitely have to be friends with your lover if it's going to go anywhere. But you don't have to be friends *before* you start dating. In fact, I'd be really hesitant to date anyone I'm good friends with... I wouldn't want to fuck up the friendship.

Originally posted by tastyt

You definitely have to be friends with your lover if it's going to go anywhere. But you don't have to be friends *before* you start dating. In fact, I'd be really hesitant to date anyone I'm good friends with... I wouldn't want to fuck up the friendship.

You don't HAVE to be friends beforehand, but I definetly think it helps circumstances a great deal.

Sometimes, there's just that undeniable feeling that you two need to progress the relationship. Sometimes, it's just a fact of life that all relationships, friends or more, just aren't meant to last a lifetime.

Originally posted by gmccookny

But i do believe that in order for a relationship to work, the 2 must be good friends as well ;)

absolutely! all my long term relationships, we have been friends (if not them being one of my best friends)

but then.. on the flip side, it makes breaking up even harder. not only are you losing your partner, but you are losing a friend as well

Originally posted by nycchic24

absolutely! all my long term relationships, we have been friends (if not them being one of my best friends)

but then.. on the flip side, it makes breaking up even harder. not only are you losing your partner, but you are losing a friend as well

This is so true

I've been in relationships that have kinda been just jumped into, then there were the ones that when we broke up it was a lot worse bc we were good friends first.

I think relationships are better when youre friends first

Originally posted by deanna11

Any relationship has to have friendship to some degree. But I see now that relationships sometimes require a complementing compatibility. A similar compatibility one might share with just friends

This sounds interesting...

Do you mean like one half offers one side, and the other offers a different, yet complementary in a good way side?/?