Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Al-Jeezera network and Direct TV!

nexusgroove

This is a leaked memo

Dear Subscriber:

DirecTV strives to bring you the best in quality programming through our strategic alliances with all the best broadcasters on the planet.

We are pleased to announce our affiliation with the Al-Jeezera network in Iraq. With this partnership we will be able to bring you coverage of world events from a Middle East Perspective. This will be in stark contrast to the current US based news programming that you are receiving though our services. This new channel will replace the current "Womens Television Network" effective April 25th/2003.

The cost of this channel's addition will be $4.99 and will be automatically added to your April invoice.

Thank you for your continued support, and remember to "feel the joy."

Programming Director, Ms. Lirpa Sloof

DirecTV Inc.

Originally posted by pod

Al-Jizzera. You think our networks are bad with propaganda, all's they do is show screaming Iraqis in the streets and rhetoric from Saddam's cronies.

I know ... they suck ... but it would be interesting to see how they manipulate information ... BTW Pod .. I don't think our networks are bad with propaganda ... they are covering military actions of our troops ... I would like to see more international (western European) political reaction ... to have our nation informed ... after all ... we live in a world that only a month ago was familiar to all of us ...

In any event ... this is an April's Fool joke from Nexus ... ;)