Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ringu

HOLY SHIT! This movie was so scary. It's the Japanese version of The Ring.....well The Ring was actually based the Japanese version.....BUT ANYWAY...

Its so much scarier than The Ring...and granted the movie is subtitles the whole way through, its so intense and suspensful that you dont even realize that you are reading the subtitles.

I recommend Ringu and THEN The Ring to anyone who has not seen them yet......I was so scared.

yeah they are both on DVD right now.

i saw the ring in the movie theatre over the summer......but from what i hear, the DVD version has deleted scenes that were supposedly TOO SCARY to be put into the regular movie...Im gonna check that out soon.

But yeah Ringu and the Ring are both on DVD now.

Yeah, Ringu is pretty fucked up.....a lot more ingenious than the American remake in many ways that Americans really wouldn't pick up....all of the symbolism really plays well off of the post-nuclear era fears in Japan, and the way the country developed so fast. The American version really lacks any coherent symbolism...

Originally posted by jessie739

ybut from what i hear, the DVD version has deleted scenes that were supposedly TOO SCARY to be put into the regular movie...Im gonna check that out soon.

definitely not true my girl bought it, not the same as watching it in the theater the 1st time. the "deleted" scenes are 15 mins of crap most would of been pointless in the actual film aside from a wooden box they kept showing obviously has some meaning.

Originally posted by sdeelite

what makes it better and more frightening? just curious...

The music is so eery that it almost hurts your ears....like screachy sorta.....and the parts that are scary really freak you out...you gotta see it to understand.