Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For all you 350z losers...

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

The PVO Neon spanks it at the track, and a savings of 15k......

also spanks the WRX.... Not sure about the new wrx... Havent' see the 1320 #s on it yet...

14.0 flat is the 1320 on the nean.. Thats fast!!!!! for a 4 banger..

IT IS STILL A FUCKING NEON!!!!

meaning...the car will lose 2/3 of its value after a year, and fall apart after 3 years.

and if you still go and get one anyway, pray you dont get into an accident with one. they are worse than hyundais when it comes to crash safety.

Yea it is still a neon and its a front wheel drive turbo car. Didn't Daimler Chrystler learn their lesson with the Eclipse GST being a front wheel drive turbo? Geez the handling is just sad. I'd rather have a wrx or an evo for that matter then that pos neon any day. And you can't really just measure cars by just the 1320 unless thats all you care about. Then I suppose the neon is ok if you slap some decent tires on the front of it lol.

Matt

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

IT IS STILL A FUCKING NEON!!!!

meaning...the car will lose 2/3 of its value after a year, and fall apart after 3 years.

and if you still go and get one anyway, pray you dont get into an accident with one. they are worse than hyundais when it comes to crash safety.

not only that...

the turbine and exhaust manifold are a one piece assembly, meaning rebuilds are going to be expensive and upgrades/maintenence will SUCK BALLS.

You'd better hope that with the amount of heat cycling and thermal expansion most exhaust manifolds undergo, that the life and reliability of the turbo isn't affected.

good luck upgrading. and good luck with NO adjustable camber.

Guest saleen351

don't get me wrong, I won't drive anything but a stang or a vette when it comes to sports cars, but 14.0 is fast.... Any body with some skills can sqeeze some horses out of it. First change the tires, then the timming, then the mass air, then the wastegate, then the computer, then weight, so if you wanted to go straight sure you can do 13.70's...

But i'll take my stang over any piece of shit import on earth. I eat porshes and 350's for lunch....

Originally posted by cintron

the turbine and exhaust manifold are a one piece assembly

what the fuck??? thats just stupid....

i sure hope they're making those mani's strong... my stock one developed a leak after a couple of years... i'd probably shoot someone if that meant i had to buy a new turbo at the same time...

i think this engine is different actually.

i read it was a 2.4L turbocharged block that's currently in use in the mexican market. [all the more reason to hate this car]

it's not a turbocharged variant of the previous engine.

the Mazdaspeed Protege is, however.

jesus, i hope its not the 420a... boosting that thing is a nightmare...

theres a handful of people who put a turbo kit on a non-turbo eclipse (1 model of which has the 420a)... they run like 7psi max...

Guest brwneydtrouble

A TURBO neon only ran a 14 flat? In my S, I ran a 14.1, with a trap speed of 104, I spun through first AND second gear. Seems like a waste to me.....

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by cintron

;) someone's gettin' the picture.

Touche my dear past life twin brother.......

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

A TURBO neon only ran a 14 flat? In my S, I ran a 14.1, with a trap speed of 104, I spun through first AND second gear. Seems like a waste to me.....

hey jackie how was the joint me and hog let you hit at space..? YOu looked fucked up...

Your car suffered from lack of low end torque. Even a shot of nitrious wouldn't of helped much... 14.1 is good, but not for the price of that car...

i'm glad you got rid of it... :D

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by saleen351

hey jackie how was the joint me and hog let you hit at space..? YOu looked fucked up...

Your car suffered from lack of low end torque. Even a shot of nitrious wouldn't of helped much... 14.1 is good, but not for the price of that car...

i'm glad you got rid of it... :D

First of all, I wouldn't give you the pleasure of smoking with you.

Second of all, for having NO low end torque, the stock S2K runs a 13.8. I have seen it with my own eyes. A shot of nitrous will bring it down to abuou 13.4 and with a supercharger, to a 12.6. NOW tell me that that isn't fast for a FOUR BANGER?? C'mon Saleen. You can't even TRY to pretend that you weren't impressed when you saw what kind of car I drove, let alone when I actually knew how to DRIVE it........

You were practically shitting in your pants my dear friend.