Gerry Kelly's 2054: A Tribute to Studio

WHEN: Sunday, December 31, 2000

Doors Open at 10:00PM

WHERE: 1253 Washington Avenue

Fax (305) 695-9717

COST: $50.00 at the Level box office

$60.00 at the door.

150 performers and 26 stage shows.

Platinum recording artist Mona Q live in concert.

Special New Years performance by opera diva Persia.

Complimentary Bar 10:00PM until 11:00PM.

Susanne Bartsch's Delano New Years Eve Party 2001

WHEN: Sunday, Decenber 31,2000

10:00PM-first light

WHERE: 1685 Collins Avenue

EMAIL: NYE@Delano.Ianschragerhotels.com

COST: Advance tickets $125.00

At the event $195.00

Live entertainment-featuring Morganne.

Club Space New Year's Eve

WHERE: 142 NE 11 Street

COST: Cover Charge is $20.00 before Midnight and $40.00 after.

Entertainment and shows for the evening will be provided by Hot Jams Productions.

Music for the evening by Edgar V., Oscar G., Roly, Ivano Bellini, Stephen Luke, Garfield, Charlie Mercado, Qwest, Fabino, Michael Storms, Radamas, Juan Mejia, Crazy Niko, Martin K., Dave Mizrachi and many more.

Jazid New Years Eve Celebration

WHERE: 1342 Washington Avenue

COST: $20.00 Cover charge

$250.00 Table reservation with a magnum of Pommery.

$200.00 Table reservation with bottle service only.

Downstairs is live with cool jazz, R&B, and funky groove sounds.

Upstairs moves with a smooth vibe in the DJ lounge.

1220 at The Tides

WHERE: 1220 Ocean Drive

COST: $150.00 per person

Unlimited Champagne.

Complimentary Island Outpost CD.

Party Favors.

Full five-course meal.

Crobar 's The Crystal Ball

WHEN: Sunday, December 31, 2000.

Doors Open at 9:00 PM.

WHERE: 1445 Washington Avenue

COST: $50.00 in advance available through Ticketmaster.

Entertainment provided by DJs Eddie X and Juan Mejia.

Le Cirque de BASH

9:00PM -5:00AM

WHERE: 655 Washington Avenue

COST: $30.00 in Advance.

$40.00 At the Door.

Main Room DJ Stephan M. with the best of the '60's, '70's, '80's, and '90's Eurohouse and Trance. On the Patio DJ Patrick Mohr mixing Latin, Arabic, African, and Island rhythms.

Club Deep New Years Eve 2001

WHERE: 621 Washington Avenue

Power 96 broadcasting live. Hosted by the Babalu Bad Boyz and DJ Zog in the mix. Cold buffet 9:00-11:00

$1000.00 balloon drop at midnight,

Free souvenir T-shirt giveaways,

Drink specials all night.

Party favors.

------------------

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Damn; Miami sucks hard this New Year's...

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

what krak are YOU smoking - LA hosting the best NYE party - what - ev - er.

Here's a clue

Danny Tenaglia

Vinyl

NYC.

i'm not a big fan of NYC, except in small doses, but i'm envious of them this NYE. of course, we'll get him the following weekend...

------------------

--"My loathings are simple; stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." V. Nabokov

Guess i'm a simple girl - all those areas, all those DJs - enough to give ya schizophrenia.

give me one good dj - one intimate venue - a couple good friends, and i'd be happy.

------------------

--"My loathings are simple; stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." V. Nabokov

Well, if I were to find a genie in the next week or so, I'd wish upon seeing the Masters at Work NYE in Naples, Italy. Garth @ Simon's in G'ville is a close second...

------------------

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

P.S. B> I'll have a puff of whatever you're smokin'; if you don't mind...

------------------

Originally posted by arrakis:

Damn; Miami sucks hard this <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">New Year's</a> ...

Word!! Last Year, There was a lot more shit goin on, but then again, t'was NYE Y2K!!

Besides, last year min cover anywhere was 100$.. this year is a lil more dwn to earth hehehe

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

"That's the last time I ever do crystal meth, speed, heroin, pot, 12 cookies' worth of acid, ether, ecstacy, and cocaine in a four- hour period.

Or was that just Tranceport?"

hell no i don't mind...just don't hurt the turtle is all i'm asking...turtle tails are VERY sensitive...

garth in g'ville - that's not a very difficult genie to rub ya know - easier than the Naples one...and it's NOT south beach...which is a plus...

------------------

B> You know me and turtle tails... plus they've been known to release some of the finest toxins.

------------------

noira - i hear ya. sometimes i'm in the same mood - one dj is enough at times. but you can't fault the lineup. good stuff.

garth in g'ville - seen him there 3 times. back in 94 i saw him dj dan and doc martin. good night to say the least. they shut everyone inside cause the cops were outside. open bar till noon. can't beat that can ya? i just can't stand the cramped corners. it's only better if they have the loft upstairs open.

------------------

Phrankdaphunk

That LA line-up ain't all that; Farina & Sneak would be the only ones I'd want to see... and in a stadium; hmm, very intimate. I think the M3 line-up in DC the other week killed this one. Migs, Wyatt, Ra Soul, Lisa Shaw... aaaaaaahhhhh! smile.gif

------------------

arrakis - maybe not for your taste, but for mine it's mighty tasty. bad company, aphrodite, wish fm...that's some nice d&b right there. ming&fs, beatjunkies, kool keith...turntabilism at its greatest.

so it appeals to all tastes. yummy.

:P

------------------

Phrankdaphunk

[This message has been edited by phrankadelic (edited 12-21-2000).]

Phrank> Bad Company is bad ass; but Aphrodite in my opinion is way overrated... Ming & FS, well, their album was disappointing - trying too hard to be "abstract" and cutting-edge (or unclassifiable; b/w styles) that musically it's lacking. And as far as turntablism goes, if the X-men ain't there, or Craze and his crew, or the Scratch Perverts, well it ain't turntablism in my mind.

------------------

I'll agree with you about Aphrodite - I saw him at the Chili Pepper and I was very disappointed. Minus that fact that he was the biggest dick, his set was nothing compared to when I heard him at beat camp 2 years ago and at the world of d&b (even though his set was cut short). shit...craze's set blew him out of there. ming&fs...yes they're album was a bit lackluster. but some of their singles and mix tapes are good. i thought their set when they came to the conference in 99 was really good.

i guess you haven't heard the beat junkies cause i seriously doubt you wouldn't be including them in what you "classify" as tabilism. but hey...it's all good man. we all have opinions.

------------------

Phrankdaphunk

Originally posted by noira:

what krak are YOU smoking - LA hosting the best NYE party - what - ev - er.

Here's a clue

Danny Tenaglia

Vinyl

NYC.

i'm not a big fan of NYC, except in small doses, but i'm envious of them this NYE. of course, we'll get him the following weekend...

Why go to N.Y. pay MORE $ to get less of a show.

cwm3.gif Don't get it twisted DT's the SHIT!

But he's down here enough for me to wait to see him again.

His sets Here are often better than anywhere else!

(He's even said he loves the super long sets, cuz' he really has to dig in the crates.)

L.A.'s show is still the best this year and @ only $40 / $75 (if you want V.I.P.)

For Househeads - Farina, Sneak, A.V.H. is reason alone to go, plus you get the BadBoy, Humpty, BT, Jr., Kool Keith, B.J. & Aphro (who may be "on"/"off")+ tons more for your Money.

For those of US who Enjoy More Than One Style

LA's Eve is the Shit!

But why Do I Care.?.?. I can't even GO. cwm2.gif

Work SUX! cwm14.gif

------------------

B-SIDE

"The DJ From Another Planet"â„¢

[This message has been edited by b-side (edited 12-21-2000).]

Phrank> Who is in the Beat Junkies? They sound familiar; or maybe I'm confusing them w/ someone else... and of course we all have opinions; it's all good. cwm16.gif P.S. Caught Craze during the WMC '00 and he was incredible as expected. He's been getting into more of a drum 'n' bass craze lately (past year or so).

------------------

arrakis - ummm...not sure if you've heard of them or not...babu, j-roc, melo-d and rhetmattic. it's a great show. they do pretty much the same shit as the xmen. i just think they're from the west coast. there are so many out there...the allies (craze's crew), scratch perverts (from the uk), the en4cers, scratch masters, etc. tablism is definitely a show to catch. i caught the x-ecutioners when they came for winter oasis party during wmc 99. good show. good opening for reprazent. now craze...that man is out of his mind. i've been lucky to catch him many times. each time is a treat.

anyways...my .02

i just like my music in different doses. same shit gets to me after a while.

------------------

Phrankdaphunk

Don't know what you're smoking noira, but pass it ova. I have to agree w/b-side. I would much rather go to the party in LA than see DT on <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">new years</a> . I've heard him a couple of times already and plus he's gonna be here soon. I've done the NY scene on <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">New Years</a> . Everything's way over priced. You've got some great house dj's, d&b, hip hop and turntabilists. All for 40 bucks? You'll be lucky if that's half the price of what they'd be charging for DT.

Too bad it's on the other side of the country.

------------------

Phrankdaphunk

Danny T will be in miami on the 6th of January...where it's warm and the people are friendly...

NYE is kinda lame across the country...England's got something, other european cities do, but the US is kinda laying low for some reason...even miami is tapped out. I'd love to go to either crobar or 320, crobar cause I actually like what eddie x throws down, and 320 since I've got some new friends there...

Originally posted by pod:

Danny T will be in miami on the 6th of January...where it's warm and the people are friendly...

Defenetely lookinfg Fwd to that!! Looks like its gonna be the highlight of the winter season!!! shiiet.... cwm21.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

"That's the last time I ever do crystal meth, speed, heroin, pot, 12 cookies' worth of acid, ether, ecstacy, and cocaine in a four- hour period.

Or was that just Tranceport?"

Looks like its just another weekend down in Miami. Same local djs going to work.

We've got the same thing up here.

The only thing worth checking out is DT's party @ Vinyl.

you guys keep mentioning that everything is so expensive up here (NYC). I don't really think Vinyl is ripping us off considering the NYE event.

$75 to hear DT for 14 hours. What's that come out to, like a little over $5 an hour.

If I can choose a place to spend NYE,

it would be Melbourne, Aus.

Archived