Clubplanet Nightlife Community

question about the vr4...

joeg

just out of curiosity (this isn't a flame or anything)...

what DOES make the vr4 a little pudgy??

its not any bigger than a vette or nsx or something like that...

i know the AWD adds like 300lbs, and i guess the 4wheel steering adds some... but still...

when you guys start putting your vr4's on a diet, whats the average weight without ripping out things that should be in a street car... (ie, a/c, interior...)

so far, on my dsm, i've done the following for weight reduction:

Carbon Fiber hood

23lb genesis (dynabat) battery (mounted in the trunk :) )

16.5lb rims

removed all emissions equipment (haha, this really wasn't for weight, but the charcoal cannister musta been a couple of pounds)

removed spare tire/jack/all mounting equipment

brembo slotted/cross drilled rotors... (not sure if this actually dropped any weight...)

and misc. wires/pieces of metal that weren't needed :)

don't know what it weighs... but its gotta be somewhere around the 2700-2800 mark... its 3100 stock...

but thats about average for the AWD dsm guys i think...

what do you guys get down to, like 3400? you're 3800 stock, right?

Originally posted by joeg

body kits are fiberglass and don't weigh anything, though??

even though the spoiler is motorized, i doubt it could weigh more than 50lbs TOTAL...

porsches have em, so it can't be that bad...

the later models eliminated the motorized front and rear spoilers

Originally posted by johnnyrevs1

the later models eliminated the motorized front and rear spoilers

really?

where was the motorized front one??? thats kinda cool...

the drag coefficient is like .37 on the 98 vr4...

not that its going to make a difference till you get into the 100's on the highway...

really?

where was the motorized front one??? thats kinda cool...

the drag coefficient is like .37 on the 98 vr4...

not that its going to make a difference till you get into the 100's on the highway...

the front one was also motorized

as far as i know the 94 and up models eliminated the motorized front and rear spoilers

there was also a device that changed the sound of the exhaust note

the front one was also motorized

as far as i know the 94 and up models eliminated the motorized front and rear spoilers

there was also a device that changed the sound of the exhaust note

yeah, thats a complete waste of time... but i ignore everything about stock intake/exhaust... those are the first things that get replaced...

yeah, thats a complete waste of time... but i ignore everything about stock intake/exhaust... those are the first things that get replaced...

first thing i did with my RX was eliminate the dual cats :D

the difference in performance was really noticeable :eek:

first thing i did with my RX was eliminate the dual cats :D

the difference in performance was really noticeable :eek:

cats and mufflers are the devil... haha

even on a stock exhaust system, taking the cat out makes a noticable change... atleast on a turbo car...

I'm shooting for a nice full 3" system with no cat, and a freeflow muffler... possibly out the front fender or something... so i don't even have to run pipe to the end of the car...

cats and mufflers are the devil... haha

even on a stock exhaust system, taking the cat out makes a noticable change... atleast on a turbo car...

I'm shooting for a nice full 3" system with no cat, and a freeflow muffler... possibly out the front fender or something... so i don't even have to run pipe to the end of the car...

the only side effect i got from doing that is that now nobody can stand behind my car before they pass out from the smell :eek:

the only side effect i got from doing that is that now nobody can stand behind my car before they pass out from the smell :eek:

:laugh: :laugh:

thats almost as good as blowing flames out the pipes...

My seat in my VR-4 alone is 85 puonds :eek: I have a 95, attachment on this page Post your FAVORITE cars! Last page near bottom I have the "active Aero" the front spoiler that drops down and rear spoiler, it weighs close to 100 lbs i beleive, the bacl seats which are useless i took out, about 30 pounds, but the curb weight is like 3800, not sure, but i think that the Supra and 300ZX are like 3500+ not too much differnce, i think its just the AWD, the active aero, and my heavy ass 8 way adjustable seats(getting racing seats soon) Oh people have gotten their VR-4s down to i beleive 3000(have to check 3si.org) he said he took out air conditioning though :rolleyes: but then again, thats 800 pounds and he is still going, thats gotta be FAST