Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Draft...

If youre drafted would you go???  

14 members have voted

1. 1. If youre drafted would you go???

• Yes...
    • No...
    • i thought this thread was about draft beer...

Originally posted by sassa

if you're all so keen to fight, why don't you enlist now....?

did I say I was keen to fight?

I will join when i graduate, probably.

if you're so set on your ideals, why don't you take a more active role in politics? why don't i see you on the six o'clock news pointing out all the faults and flaws of America's foreign policy and the morally unjust aggressive idealism of us immature american boys?

:rolleyes:

because it wouldn't matter what i say anyways, politics is a dirty game, all about who you know and what connections/strings you can pull when you need to...and i don't want to sink to that level.

plus, i'm female, young, and muslim...no one is going to give a damn what i say.

i give a damn... i may not agree with everything you say or everything you think, however i want to hear what you say and what you think... and not just you... everyone... in fact the more i hear others opinions the better i can formulate my own, along with what i read, see etc...

Originally posted by dgmodel

i give a damn... i may not agree with everything you say or everything you think, however i want to hear what you say and what you think... and not just you... everyone... in fact the more i hear others opinions the better i can formulate my own, along with what i read, see etc...

(buys DG a mug of draft beer)

Very good point. Many people forget that opinions are made by collecting information.

Whether it be news, history, or in this case, even other people's opinions being used to make your own.

That is exactly how the mind works and I just wished a majority (not all) of the people on here were a wee bit more informed..

As far as my opinion, I'd go if I was drafted..

But of course that is one of those infamous hypotheticals that really does not prove itself until it actually unfolds.

Always thought Id go the next day, if there was a draft. But over the past two months, (not two weeks, I put alot of thought into my decisions) I have come to the conclusion that Im joining an aspect of the military.

Only thing now is my goddam picky self trying to figuire out what exactly to do, I have it narrowed down to 35 potential career pathes from the begining 700 count...lol..

Fuck it...as long as I get a cool set of camos and a perdy gun Im good to go...:blank:

because it wouldn't matter what i say anyways, politics is a dirty game, all about who you know and what connections/strings you can pull when you need to...and i don't want to sink to that level.

plus, i'm female, young, and muslim...no one is going to give a damn what i say.

politics definitely are that way. no arguement here.

I know i certainly give a damn what you say. If i didn't, i probably would have lower blood pressure from arguing with you so much.

Originally posted by eccentricmofo

Oh really...hmmm

elaborate if you would...

not much to elaborate on

i'd enlist. theres a better chance of me getting to fight or whatever by doing that then waiting to get drafted, im a chick.

it doest matter anyway. im not 18 yet :rolleyes:

but are u HOT???:tongue:

i would have enlisted a long time ago...prior to ANY war/conflict that we are having...101st Airborne, SCREAMING EAGLES BABY!!!!

I'm taking my ASVAB tomorrow morning.....Physical on Monday...And hopefully my contract will be in place by the end of next week....I'm gonna enroll in the Delayed Entry Program so that I can start working out before I get to boot camp and be in better shape then I am now....

Originally posted by ladyshady

not much to elaborate on

i'd enlist. theres a better chance of me getting to fight or whatever by doing that then waiting to get drafted, im a chick.

it doest matter anyway. im not 18 yet :rolleyes:

Oh, Im loosing it, I was confused before.. Im ok now.:hat:

Originally posted by nycmuzik

I'm taking my ASVAB tomorrow morning.....Physical on Monday...And hopefully my contract will be in place by the end of next week....I'm gonna enroll in the Delayed Entry Program so that I can start working out before I get to boot camp and be in better shape then I am now....

Huh, Im relatively doing the same thing. Although waiting a week before taking the ASVAB, taking the test in brooklyn or somewhere else?

awesome dude.. seriously that's reminding me to get back into some serious shape. Man, i miss air force. I was in ROTC and slated to get through it. I wanted pilot training so bad, but something just convinced me to quit. I"m regretting that decision every day. Ah well. Maybe i can get my old bones to do something useful!

Long Long Time Ago... i took the ASVAB for the USAF/USN, and i scored in the 80 range... in the long run i pussied out and did not enlist however till this day the recruiting officer calls and tries to recruit me... where are you going for your piss test and physical fort hamilton???

Originally posted by eccentricmofo

Huh, Im relatively doing the same thing. Although waiting a week before taking the ASVAB, taking the test in brooklyn or somewhere else?

I'm taking it in East Orange over here in Jersey....Its about 20 minutes away from my house by car....