Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The proper way to share electronic music files...

yeah, ed is dead-on... only recently has this shit been getting press... but lets face it, people such as myself have been getting full cds before the riaa even knew what was going on...

and there are programs freely available that "Scramble" your ip... it just bounces it off from proxy to proxy throughout different contries... its slower when you're using that, but it also makes you a lot harder to get a hold of...

and when it comes to legalities and money... it takes you off the radar... because the riaa is going to get laughed at if they "demand" some ISP in some random european country to turn over an IP address that just leads to some other ISP in some other country on some other continent and so on...

for every step anyone has ever taken for copy protection millions of others have thwarted it and for free... at some point, the real loss of revenue is going to be all the R&D they do to stop it...

in reality, what they SHOULD do, is get HUGE databases of cds encoded to .ape of .flac files (which are lossless, unlike mp3) and allow you to pay a monthly fee to download stuff in whatever format you want...

everyone has a cd burner these days... so they'd definately make a killing on this, plus save the cost of producing the cds for the artist... PLUS it also puts unknown artists on equal footing, as they don't have to front 10g's to get a cd mass produced... they can just sell the "data" to the file hosting company and go out and promote...

Originally posted by joeg

and there are programs freely available that "Scramble" your ip... it just bounces it off from proxy to proxy throughout different contries... its slower when you're using that, but it also makes you a lot harder to get a hold of...

that's the crude state of this technology....once everyone's on broadband, technologies like freenet will become feasible....where EVERYONE's a proxy, and all data is encrypted. there's absolutely no way to define where the data comes from....well there *sort of* is but i'd have to post my research paper on it :P

figuring out the originator is impossible for all practical purposes....i wont get into the math :tongue:

Originally posted by dr0ne

that's the crude state of this technology....once everyone's on broadband, technologies like freenet will become feasible....where EVERYONE's a proxy, and all data is encrypted. there's absolutely no way to define where the data comes from....well there *sort of* is but i'd have to post my research paper on it :P

figuring out the originator is impossible for all practical purposes....i wont get into the math :tongue:

hahah, i think you'd scare everyone if you posted that... :D