Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Isn't There a weekly CP Party? Man

djdekan

Well We basically Have a million people and probably some the of Best Young Djs in every genre of music.

Why dont we put it together and do something?

I know I need something new/fresh to do, Anybody Else?

I saw Guyman's Post on getting a room somewhere, definately down in any way possible to help out.

So looking on any insight from everyone on how this could be made possible?

Originally posted by djdekan

Well We basically Have a million people and probably some the of Best Young Djs in every genre of music.

Why dont we put it together and do something?

I know I need something new/fresh to do, Anybody Else?

I saw Guyman's Post on getting a room somewhere, definately down in any way possible to help out.

So looking on any insight from everyone on how this could be made possible?

good fawkin post!!! we tried something like this with Whsleep/Cp last Saturday...a BBQ/Dj picnic at South Point Park...but things didnt turn out as we wanted it...but if we get organized and do it right, we could throw a nice outdoor party at a park...we just need: turntables, mixer, speakers (powered would be the best), amp and gas generator...and its a party!! people could chip in and bring food and contribute to the renting of the equip....set it up Pete....it was a great idea last week, it just didnt turn out like we wanted it to...:(

Nice idea but there are too many people with too many interests. Best bet would be to continue having CP meetups. They're easy to set and whoever is in, goes, and whoever doesn't care doesn't go.

Now if you have a vision of some kind of event(s) or party(s), then let CPer's know your vision and see if you can get recruit's or volunteers to help you make it happen. The ones that are interested and have the time will let you know.:cool:

I wouldn't say the BBQ was a bad get together, I mean it wasn't a jammy jam but it was nice. There were about 10-15 CPer's in da house and overall the biggest thing was lack of thinking ahead...:rolleyes: music. Anyway, I'm down to get a little party together, I was even thinking of useing my pool as a location. Still thinking about it though. I'll keep you peeps "posted.":tongue: :cool:

Guest brwneydtrouble

Yeah, I still had a lot of fun on Saturday. Was a little surprised that so many CPers showed up, for such short notice. I think that next time it will be A LOT better, basically all we needed was a generator, and a big BBQ. We had plenty of food, and WAY too much beer. *lol* You bunch of LUSHES!!!! By the way MrsMiami, that was some great drink you made. Next time we need that again!

We can make it a monthly thing, have different DJ's take over the decks, and we would have on bad ass party. There are a few of you guys that I haven't been able to hear, and am VERY interested.

By the way, it was nice meeting you WildMiami, and you too Dekan. ;)

Guest saleen351

i have a club that will let us do anything we want. You just gotta proove to me it makes financial sense, before i present it to my guys...

If i aprove of it, i'll pass it along, and you'd have a 100% chance of it happening..

but you miami folks like to stay in miami... those 18 miles to lauderdale are too far..:rolleyes:

i dont have a generator but i have d.j equipment

i wouldnt want to dj a whole party but if we split up the time....hey i wanna get drunk and chill too!!!!!!!!!!

i love doing bbqs and cool get togethers like that...i can take my kids to that...ive tried to do bbqs in the past with ny friends also...some of them turned out well...some others it was always some drama....but it can be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by djdekan

I think the numbers where divided. Im gonna keep on all your asses after i talk to a bunch of people. This will definately woork.

I agree.

I think a monthly party is more feasible; then a weekly party. gives people more time to plan, and narrow down specifics. imo a non club environment (i.e. beach, park, etc.) would work better. we see each other all the time in clubs, taking something outside a club gives us an opportunity to socialize and get to know each other better. it tends to be difficult, to have a conversation, when you have pounding music in your eardrums; or in various stages of consciousness. :D plus we have a sh*t load of talent, on this board that need to be, representin on the dex. :cool:

Originally posted by flyingfestoon

i thought sean/meng did do something like this at some point a little while ago? anybody ever go? Somewhere like a park or something cant remember all the details...

I think it was some beach on Key Biscayne ... sounded like a cool place ... ;)

Originally posted by saleen351

i have a club that will let us do anything we want. You just gotta proove to me it makes financial sense, before i present it to my guys...

If i aprove of it, i'll pass it along, and you'd have a 100% chance of it happening..

but you miami folks like to stay in miami... those 18 miles to lauderdale are too far..:rolleyes:

tell you what.. how about you keep your club & your guys & we won't have to worry about u approving anything for the board.

i think the general idea is to get away from the club scene & have an afternoon of just chilling...... hanging out without the pounding music & have an opportunity for alot of cp'ers to actually meet others finally.... rather than attempting to meet up with or even think they may find someone in club.....

Monthly would work better...a weekly would fail because there's too much stuff going on on a weekly basis for anyone to attend. Not to demean the efforts of DJs on here, but imagine a CP party going up against Steve Lawler or Deep Dish at Space, or even this Friday's party w/ Luke Fair @ Maze. 99 percent of the CP people who go out on a consistent basis would be at that party and not the CP one.

A monthly daytime party would work out for the best. It would give the organizers time to requisition quality equipment (yeah yeah if you know me you know I'm a bastard about that...self powered sucks so much ass it's not funny btw), get a place that will work out for the party, and plan it so it doesn't conflict with anything else going on that evening...i.e. it would not work out to have a CP party the day before or the day after Danny Howells is in town, no one would show up.

i agree with the idea of keeping it out of a club!!!! Also, i dont think we would have to worry aboout spittting the time djing, w/all the peeps that can spin on this board, you guys are gonna be fighting to get on the decks!!!!

and uh, who said there is such thing as toooo much beer???:confused: nonsense!!!

we should do this at jimmy Ts house!!!! ;):eek::laugh:

I agree on a Monthly Party To Start out, possibly Biweekly.

I would want it in a Club though, A House Party/BBQ is a great Idea (Love doing them, bottle style saturday bring a camera, not gonna remeber lol) But I feel This is an Oppurtunity to expand the music scene here and Start Having input on partys from everyone on the board. Im sure everyone here has had some idea for a party ie."Classic Night Party". I know plenty of us complain about the partys thrown. I feel the scene is too comercial and is attempting to just make money off of people who have no clue about music.

And Yeah I would love to Go See Howells, But you KNow what I think, well For ME I KNOW I would have more fun and probably here something different and Fresh with some talent from here. Mr Trance myself is going to go to Roger Sanchez Friday and am dieing to See Jimmy T spin.

Keep up all the ideas, and all those people who talk to me and dont post your ideas, punks (LOL).

see id throw a party at my house but id like to at least mmet some of u b4 i sacrafice my home.....i have a bbq...i have dj equip always set up and ready 2 go...i have a warehouse in my backyard of a garage that is et up like a club at all times....let me paint u a picture....i have a 3 car garage in my backyard, that is 2 stories high....it isnt 2 stories per say...cyz theres no second floor inside...its basically like a big warehouse...like 700 square feet something like that..i had a big super bowl party, and that went really weel...i even had senoe edgar v over...it was a smashing good time!!!!!!!!!!! so lets see if in the future we can get something together!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dekan: What I'm suggesting is specifically not to go head to head with people like Howells with a CP party...very few people will show up...seen it happen a million times...a friend of mine tried a long time ago to throw a Sunday party at his house in Coral Gables on a monthly basis...the times a big DJ was in town, especially at Space, no one showed because they were either still at Space or cracked out from the night before!

What I'm saying is, when you plan the date for the monthly CP party, look at the calendar, and plan it on a weekend day when nothing else is really close by...I know it's not always possible, but at least you could pick the day that will be the least damaging so to speak...example, you have DH one weekend and say Sander Klienenberg the next, plan it for the Sander weekend since not everyone is gonna be at his set the night of or the night before. If it's a slow weekend, I'm at whatever party you plan :)

Hehe I know all about sacrficing a house...a good friend of mine hosts afterparties like 3 times a month, and the place is a mess afterwards!

every one is talking about "didnt we try that " or "we did that it didnt work" or " that wont work because......". WRONG ANSWER!!!! The proper answer is good idea Im in . So put up your ideas and lets do this. What ever you say Pete you know Im there with all the money I have. And if know one comes up with something good soon I will and you dont want that, trust me. We all like music and fun so lets get going

these are ALL good ideas...to me a Sat or Sun BBQ party is ideal...we can take over one of those "roofs" in a park...set up the equip. there and cook and drink all day...Djs can rotate to their liking...just bring ur tunes and have everyone else provide something (i.e. chips, drinks, ice, burgers, etc)...it gives those from CP that havent met each other a chance to meet some of us...

A monthly party sounds a lot more realistic

this is surely agreed! Some of us have complicated

schedules or just a lot of shit going on unfortunately...

But a chillin day time theme w/ music, some food maybe,

drinks for sure and Cp'ers definitely a good idea....;)

i think a Saturday BBQ would be better that way Sun everyone could relax & recover from the weekend.....

reason being for those afterhours regulars....... they may not attend.....so less attendance...(imo) saturday afternoon would probably be better.... just need to post what day, where & time.... in advance

then just have everyone post what they are gonna bring....

that would probably be easier....

let's not do this at a club, week after week after week, we venture out the clubs, do the same damn thing. Its fun don't get me wrong, but a BBQ at at park, or pool party somewhere is just a better idea, more relaxing, comfortable environment so we can chill and hang out get to now the cp heads on a diff level. We wouldnt have to worry about all the club nonsence. Besides who doesnt like to eat some bbq!!!:D

Originally posted by mrmiami

let's not do this at a club, week after week after week, we venture out the clubs, do the same damn thing. Its fun don't get me wrong, but a BBQ at at park, or pool party somewhere is just a better idea, more relaxing, comfortable environment so we can chill and hang out get to now the cp heads on a diff level. We wouldnt have to worry about all the club nonsence. Besides who doesnt like to eat some bbq!!!

:aright: