Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HipHop Request!

iriechic305

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I like hip hop, just feel it's really saturated and over commercialized right now.

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH GA2. I LIKE HIP-HOP, HELL, I'VE LISTEND TO HIP HOP FOR YEARS. I'M ORIGINALLY FROM NYC, SO COMING FROM THERE, I GREW AROUND HIP-HOP. I HAVE TO SAY HIP-HOP WAS ATS ITS BEST IN THE LATE 80'-- LATE 90'S. SINCE THEN A MAJORITY OF IT IS GARBAGE...ALL COMMERCIAL AND RHYMING ABOUT THE SAME THING (JEWELRY, GIRLS, CARS). NOT MANY SONGS SEEM REAL ANYMORE. ITS ABOUT A YEAR KNOW THAT I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO HOUSE MUSIC. I'M ADDICTED TO IT. I'VE SWITCHED OVER TO ELECTRONIC. THE REASON BEING HIP-HOP IS OVERSATURATED WITH NON-TALENTED ARTISTS. PLUS I CAN GO TO A CLUB TO DANCE AND HAVE A BLAST. I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BUMPING INTO SOMEBODY OR HAVING A STARE DOWN CONTEST AND GETTING INTO FIGHT. PLUS, I LOVE THOSE DARK AND DIRTY BEATS I HEAR AT SPACE. HIP-HOP CAN NEVER GET ME HYPED AS HOUSE MUSIC. I'LL STILL LISTEN TO MY OLD HIP-HOP CDS LIKE NAS, BIGGIE, 2PAC, BIG PUN, WUTANG, ETC. BUT AS OF KNOW, I HAVE TO SAY GOOD BYE TO HIP-HOP AND HELLO TO MY NEW LOVE, HOUSE MUSIC.

besides their musical essence, that's another thing i like about techno/house/dance/trance.. it's a different vibe at one of those clubs.. no worrying about gettin into fights 'cause i step on a toe or two.. a much calmer and all-around friendly atmosphere :D

but there's nothing like bein able to dance and sing along to the words of your favorite song ;)

Originally posted by iriechic305

besides their musical essence, that's another thing i like about techno/house/dance/trance.. it's a different vibe at one of those clubs.. no worrying about gettin into fights 'cause i step on a toe or two.. a much calmer and all-around friendly atmosphere :D

but there's nothing like bein able to dance and sing along to the words of your favorite song ;)

DEFINITELY..:D

dickerson_5_th.gif

With so much drama in the L-B-C

It's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O-double-G

But I, somehow, some way

Keep comin up with funky ass shit like every single day

May I, kick a little something for the G's (yeah)

and, make a few ends as (yeah!) I breeze, through

Two in the mornin and the party's still jumpin

cause my momma ain't home

I got bitches in the living room gettin it on

and, they ain't leavin til six in the mornin (six in the mornin)

So what you wanna do, sheeeit

I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too

So turn off the lights and close the doors

But (but what) we don't love them hoes, yeah!

So we gonna smoke a ounce to this

G's up, hoes down, while you motherfuckers bounce to this

Well, that's what I was getting at. What was once an honestly "real" form of music has devolved into a bunch of thugged up ghetto trash doing the lyrical equivalent of comparing dick size...if Jay-Z says he's got 22" rims, Ja Rule's gotta say he's got 24s and so on.

I should clarify, it's really not the music that irritates me so much, it's the godawful subculture that it has seemed to spawn around it. Sure, you get respectable artists like The Roots and old-school rappers speaking out against it, but then you've got MTV constantly showing 50 Cent and his ilk furthering the bad side of things, i.e. they're criminals who are successful now...

But back to my original point, there's an overabundance of hip-hop only nights and clubs here on the beach, so in my mind no more is needed...and I still want to know what South Beach you're talking about that has an abundance of techno and house music! I wanna move there! :)

Originally posted by ecpolo521

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH GA2. I LIKE HIP-HOP, HELL, I'VE LISTEND TO HIP HOP FOR YEARS. I'M ORIGINALLY FROM NYC, SO COMING FROM THERE, I GREW AROUND HIP-HOP. I HAVE TO SAY HIP-HOP WAS ATS ITS BEST IN THE LATE 80'-- LATE 90'S. SINCE THEN A MAJORITY OF IT IS GARBAGE...ALL COMMERCIAL AND RHYMING ABOUT THE SAME THING (JEWELRY, GIRLS, CARS). NOT MANY SONGS SEEM REAL ANYMORE. ITS ABOUT A YEAR KNOW THAT I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO HOUSE MUSIC. I'M ADDICTED TO IT. I'VE SWITCHED OVER TO ELECTRONIC. THE REASON BEING HIP-HOP IS OVERSATURATED WITH NON-TALENTED ARTISTS. PLUS I CAN GO TO A CLUB TO DANCE AND HAVE A BLAST. I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BUMPING INTO SOMEBODY OR HAVING A STARE DOWN CONTEST AND GETTING INTO FIGHT. PLUS, I LOVE THOSE DARK AND DIRTY BEATS I HEAR AT SPACE. HIP-HOP CAN NEVER GET ME HYPED AS HOUSE MUSIC. I'LL STILL LISTEN TO MY OLD HIP-HOP CDS LIKE NAS, BIGGIE, 2PAC, BIG PUN, WUTANG, ETC. BUT AS OF KNOW, I HAVE TO SAY GOOD BYE TO HIP-HOP AND HELLO TO MY NEW LOVE, HOUSE MUSIC.

PREACH!!! PREEEEEEEEEEACH!!!!

*waving my fan and doing the church dance, catching the holy spirit*

:laugh::eek::cool::D

Originally posted by pod

Well, that's what I was getting at. What was once an honestly "real" form of music has devolved into a bunch of thugged up ghetto trash doing the lyrical equivalent of comparing dick size...if Jay-Z says he's got 22" rims, Ja Rule's gotta say he's got 24s and so on.

I should clarify, it's really not the music that irritates me so much, it's the godawful subculture that it has seemed to spawn around it. Sure, you get respectable artists like The Roots and old-school rappers speaking out against it, but then you've got MTV constantly showing 50 Cent and his ilk furthering the bad side of things, i.e. they're criminals who are successful now...

But back to my original point, there's an overabundance of hip-hop only nights and clubs here on the beach, so in my mind no more is needed...and I still want to know what South Beach you're talking about that has an abundance of techno and house music! I wanna move there! :)

I think I love you........ :makeout:

Originally posted by saleen351

There is good news out of all the hip hop...

1. it will decline since its at its peak right now, i don't think its gonna get any bigger.

2. Only takes a high profile hip hop club shooting or brawl to scare sobe and the gov will finaly step in..

3. Those hip hop labels are currently targets by the feds for drugs. Trust me they'll get shut down..

4. It was very evident, and hog can back me up on this one, I see more and more blacks and especially hot black chicks rocking to the sounds of oscar g on sat night. You can tell they were loving the tunes but felt a little out of place. (They don't know the guido fist pump yet) but even in NJ shore i've noticed more and more minorites taking to house muisc, and with so many good djs being minorities, i'd like for them to promote it in the minority circles.. (cox, morillo,jeff mills to name a few)

5. Puff daddy will help, so don't hate... Only takes a thug one time to rock to some good house to get hooked..

6. i'd say from 97-2000 hip hop was dead, while house was great, things will change again..

1. Of course it's going to get bigger, all it's done is grown....it will just take on new forms and go yet another direction, hopefully a better one.

2. True indeed. Is Memorial Day Weekend as off the hook as people make it out to be?

3. Not all hip hop labels are financed by drug dealers and criminals. MOST aren't. The ones that do are the ones that glorify the bullshit that we hear about on the radio day in, day out and they tell on THEMSELVES. Stupid fuckers. The NY Daily News did a THREE PAGE spread on 50 Cent's lyrics a few months ago, and how he called out all the dealers he grew up with.

4. You will see ME there on Saturday night, and I'm finer than a muhfucka. Peep my picture in the Space review thread. :laugh:

5. I am REALLY feeling the fact that Diddy and Deep Dish came together on this, I've heard some nice remixes or just lyrics over house beats and that is the stuff that the community should be exposed to little by little, I think! Let them develop an appreciation rather than trying to force-feed them the way we're being done with urban radio.

6. It wasn't dead, it was bad. As in Bad Boy. :laugh:

Let's look real quick at my history of hip hop.

Probably started with rappers delight at some roller rink

Rolled over to Run D Mc

Then there was the west coast scene, too short, nwa and the rest

Little bits of Audio 2, Blacksheep, Digable Planets

Lets not forget one of the best, Public Enemy

Then you have groups like House of Pain, Cypruss Hill and even rap/rock

Biz markie, blah, blah

The thing id hip hop was music and now it is an entire lifestyle and it is Top 40. Hip-pop. Most records sold are hip hop records.

I love quality hip hop. Try Counterflow parties, no puffy cents or missy ludacris there. It sucks that hip hop is so mixed with thug lifestyle. Doesn't help that the lyrics of songs portray said lifestyle. Main thing is that it is main stream. Mainstream means masses. The masses are idiots (unfortunately).

One thing I'd like to share. Dixon (Jazza Nova) does a party in Germany. 2 rooms, main and smaller room. One week will be house in main and quality, underground hip hop in the smaller room.. The next week the rooms switch, hip hop main, house in small. It works great. Also, if you guys remember when we did aquabooty at rain we had quality hip hop in the small room. No thug music, no thug attitude, guess what, no thugs showed up.

In closing, I wish hip hop was "nicer", that's for sure. It still does not compare to growing up in Southern California with mad gangsters everywhere in the mid to late 80's. I couldn't wear a blue, red, brown or black shirt without getting fucked with. Wrong baseball cap and you were fucked. Its a shame but good hip is great!! The scene is just . . . . .

I saw 2 live crew this past thursday...

unfreakin believable night...

THey sang a few of the old favs, while three stripper chics rock their shit on stage..

Following their act was Insane Clown Posse, ICP,

Let me just say that was my first experience listening to those guys live...

Few bruises....given and received....slightly chipped tooth, and drenched with freakin soda...I stumbled out of the bar/club remember....SHIT I have to work in 5 hrs...lol

You just had to be there.....2LiveCRew was insanely a blast..

Umph...let that booty shake...common let that bootie shake....:dj::party: