Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Second Official Whysleep/CP B-Day BBQ

Guest brwneydtrouble

Guest brwneydtrouble

As posted on Whysleep.....

"Ok slackers, I am giving you guys PLENTY of time to organize this shit right this time. Basically, all we need to get that we didn't have before is a generator, and a big ass BBQ. Lets all get together, have a few DJ's display their talents and have a bad ass party. Any new suggestions for locations? Maybe Crandon Park instead......but then again, we would have to bring tables and shtuff.....

As far as a date, I am thinking Saturday, April 19, just in time for Koky and Leo's birthdays.

Can we do this?"

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awwwwwwwwwww jacky thank you so much for caring :love: but that weekend ill be in orlando.. i am being taken by someone to disney world since ive never ever been there :eek: but if you guys are willing to do it the weekend after im willing to use my own house for the party .. my hood is kinda ghetto so there is no problem with the cops coming cause of the music or anything like that ;) so we can party & get wrecked all we want :aright: & yes , everyone would be welcome !! i can get a HUGE barbecue & the boooooze & the rest of you bring whutever you guys want thrown on the grill & ill have my old man cook:D then ill kick his ass out the house & the party can begin !! so whuts uuuuuuuuuuuuuup ??!!

i cant go te 19th for ill be in orlando...get info from crandon cuzim not sure they will let u take d.j. equipment...i trid to throw a bbq tthere once and they didnt want to let us bring shit...but thn again when i was at u.m. we had a picnic there with music and all

and they didnt say anything....i think they will allow, as long as u bring enough $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...so u may have to to take up a collection on this 1.

It's tricky in public parks with heavy-duty sound equipment...not only the noise, but the power requirements as well, most places give ya 1 120 VAC outlet at best, and I've seen parks bitch up a storm when you blow their circuit breaker.

Parks that I've seen as "DJ-friendly"

South Pointe Park

That park wedged between Miller Road and Bird Road...damn I went there so many times for UM picnics...wtf is it called? :)

That one in West Kendall...but it's too far out.

Hehe, let's rent a decent PA from Nexusgroove's outfit, a Pantropic, and go out to the glades and do it.

Originally posted by pod

Parks that I've seen as "DJ-friendly"

South Pointe Park

That park wedged between Miller Road and Bird Road...damn I went there so many times for UM picnics...wtf is it called?

we tried South Point Park last week...MISSION!!!!!! is the park that u are talking about called Tropical Park?? to me thats the best bet...they dont care about noise....how much power do u need POD? do u plan on bringing a light/laser system too??:tongue:

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

we tried South Point Park last week...MISSION!!!!!! is the park that u are talking about called Tropical Park?? to me thats the best bet...they dont care about noise....how much power do u need POD? do u plan on bringing a light/laser system too??:tongue:

hey jesse...... it wasn't that is was a mission.....we were slightly unprepaired.....but overall i think we made it happen... just needed more group participation.... now we know what we need for next time thats all

anyways.... South Point park would probably be better..... plenty of space... they even had a pavillion that didn't have tables for the dj equipment...especially with all the talent we have on this board... they need space for their equipment..... alos in case it rains.. u def need shelter......

tropical park.. u have to reserve the pavillion as well....

remember at least at south point u have the beach near by.....

at tropical u have a deserted lake beach..... & i'm sure it would be a lot easier than tropical park... my 2 cents worth

L8R..

Originally posted by mjm420

hey jesse...... it wasn't that is was a mission.....we were slightly unprepaired.....but overall i think we made it happen... just needed more group participation.... now we know what we need for next time thats all

wasnt a mission??

a) Parking <---- DE PINGA!!!!!

B) a toothless old man with an orange cross guard vest telling me i couldnt park in the South Point Park Parking

c) having to beg/trade (dental floss) with the same old man to just let me in to unload the car (he also took my license plate #, in case i was lying)

d) NO GRILLS!!!!

minus a Body Cavity Search from the old man at the entrance of the parking, it was a good day...:rolleyes::tongue:

wasnt a mission??

a) Parking <---- DE PINGA!!!!!

B) a toothless old man with an orange cross guard vest telling me i couldnt park in the South Point Park Parking

c) having to beg/trade (dental floss) with the same old man to just let me in to unload the car (he also took my license plate #, in case i was lying)

d) NO GRILLS!!!!

minus a Body Cavity Search from the old man at the entrance of the parking, it was a good day...:rolleyes::tongue:

not for nothing but we parked with no prolem....note..... the later u get there the harder it is to park....

y do you think i rec'd to get there a little early in order to avoid hassles & headaches..... anyways consider it a trial run

like i posted afterwards... we'll be ready for d next one...

& it'll be much better.....

Guest brwneydtrouble

The parking was kinda de pinga, but that just shows that we have to get there a little earlier, and besides, maybe in two or three weeks, the beach wont be so packed. Remember, there are still a lot of people on Spring Break.

Ok, so it seems that that particular weekend, a lot of people have compromisos.

How about April 26? Koky, how is the parking at your place? I think we will have quite a few cars there.

I personally liked SP Park, with the beach close by, the great relaxing view, even the ships and boats cruising by. As far as the noise, I think we just have to stay as far away from Smith & Wollensky as we possibly can, and we prolly wont have any problems.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

The parking was kinda de pinga, but that just shows that we have to get there a little earlier, and besides, maybe in two or three weeks, the beach wont be so packed. Remember, there are still a lot of people on Spring Break.

How about April 26? Koky, how is the parking at your place? I think we will have quite a few cars there.

I personally liked SP Park, with the beach close by, the great relaxing view, even the ships and boats cruising by. As far as the noise, I think we just have to stay as far away from Smith & Wollensky as we possibly can, and we prolly wont have any problems.

parking at my place is straight ... in my house alone i can fit close to 20 cars... & plus , my neighbors are all down with me & they would have no problem letting me park a few rides on their properties ;) all we need at my place is the booze, food & the cp'ers :D oh & the dj equipment .. just let me know ;)

SOUTH POINT PARK should be the place to do it.....

unless rules have changed... friends of mine had a jam their once with dj equipment & they were there for the whole day... if u guys & gals want to do it at south point park let me know... i'll find out & confirm whether or not we can make as much noise as we want.... so we can start the ball rollling.... & have a killer BBQ

lets make it happen peeps....

L8R...

Guest brwneydtrouble

Ok, so we have two locations that would work. MJM, go ahead and find out from the officials about the noise levels at SPP, as well as maybe advance bulk/reserved parking?

Koky, you have a pool right? Seems like the DJ equip is being handled between MJM, Jimmy, Meng and Dekan....Food is gonna be discussed closer to the date.

It seems like we will have quite the turnout no matter where we end up having it. This is great!! Now we just have to iron out a few particulars and we have a party.......

Can one of the moderators put up a sticky as to a roll call of who's going?

The date is Saturday, April 26. Place is either Koky's crib or South Pointe Park.

Guest brwneydtrouble

he told u he has a pool?:laugh: ...its one of those Toys R Us Baby pools..u know, the plastic ones

Ugh, scratch that. Koky, youre a little biatch.

Unlesshe has a slip and slide. THEN for sure we hare having it at his place......

Guest brwneydtrouble

:idea: ...only if u pour Palmolive on it, so we can really go fast down that shit...:D

You know, we used to do that, but then you just ended up in the grass that much faster. Thats the part that I always hated.

You know, we used to do that, but then you just ended up in the grass that much faster. Thats the part that I always hated.

or....we can buy that slip n slide wanna be that has a bump and then u end up in the a little pool...:idea:

:laugh: :laugh: jacky i never said i had a pool !! :laugh: you were thinkin about my brother ... he told you he had a pool & his apartment thinghy ... not my crib :laugh: what i do have is ... a huge yard , plenty of parking for atleast 30 cars:eek: & kool ass neighbors who dont give a damn till what time the party goes :cool: the people in the back of my place have parties till 5 or 6 in the morning !! & if noone calls the cops when they are playing bachata all night long i doubt anyone will call on us :laugh:

Since this is a "day" party and noise shouldn't be an issue so neigther should be where we throw it.

It looks like South Pointe Park is gonna be the place for the next party, so in planning around that you will need equipment, generator and for everyone to chip in on food and drinks and plates, napkins, cups. Don't worry so much about how people will find parking or get there, just make sure we get people enough time (seems this month is too soon to get it organized) but once a date is set, then that's it.

Things to set:

1. Date and time

2. Location

3. Who will bring the equipment (speakers, turntables, generator, cd mixer)

4. Everyone should bring food and drinks.

5. Someone should get the plates and cups and napkins.

6. ( fill this line if I missed something...)

I'll eventually get my house (which has a big back yard and pool and tiki hut) to throw one monthly party there, but I'm not ready yet.:cool:

Oh, one more thing....not everyone will be able to make it to the party just cause that's not always possible. But that's why we'll try to make this a monthly thing...so if you miss one, you can always hit up the next.:)