Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Second Official Whysleep/CP B-Day BBQ

Guest brwneydtrouble

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK FOLKS THIS IS HOW IT STANDS....

IN ORDER TO DO THIS RIGHT WE HAVE 2 CHOICES.....

1. WE CAN RENT THE SHELTER(PAVILLION) OR

2. WE CAN WING IT & JUST SHOW UP & GRAB A SPOT.....

BBQ FOR APRIL 26, 2003

NOW HERES THE 411 ON RESERVING A PAVILLION......

TO RESERVE A PAVILLION

40 PEOPLE $80 W/ TAX

20 PEOPLE $60 W/ TAX

WE HAVE TO RESERVE IT IN ADVANCE (OBVIOUSLY).

_ MUSIC IS NOT A PROBLEM --(as long as it has no foul language... like we have to worry)

_GENERATORS ARE PERMITTED-- (as long as we don't blast it over anybody esle playing music)... ALSO WITHIN REASONBALE NOISE LEVEL..

_FINAL NOTE(beleive it or not) NO ALCOHOL BEVERAGES (as per park official) AS LONG AS IT IS HIDDEN AWAY IN COOLERS WE ARE OK

NOW WE CAN RESERVE THE SHELTER (PAVILLION) OR WE CAN WING IT AND PLAY IT BY EAR & JUST SHOW UP..... BUT IF THERE IS A BIG CROWD... WE MAY CALL SOME ATTENTION TO US BY PARK OFFICIALS OR MB POLICE & THEY MAY OR CAN KICK US OUT AFTER BEING WARNED (as posted by city of MB ordinance)

well c/p'ers my part is done...the rest is up to you guys to see what u guys & gals want to do... LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

L8R....

a good friend of mine throws a yearly party at SPP around this time actually. she's been doing it for years and has NEVER had a problem. they bring their own generator and have even hooked up 2 sets of tables, lighting and the whole 9. they cook it up on the grills provided and bring KEGS. yes you read correctly...KEGS. and they usually have to make a run for more. not once has there ever been a problem there and I've been going to her party for the past 5 years. best thing is to reserve in advance and you're golden.

I'm gonna go with my girl and we're gonna bring (number 1 and 5)a 12 pack of Heineken and a couple of bags of ice with a cooler and an 8 pack of Hotdogs with the bread for them.

List of things we still will probably need:

1. More hot dogs and bread

2. Hamburgers and bread

3. Cokes, Sprites, 7 up yours!

4. More chips with dip/salsa

5. Beer, beer, beer

6. Shrimp and Shish-Kabobs

7. 2 turntables and a microphone

8. generator

9. speakers

10. Paper plates, cups, napkins

11. Ketchup, mustard, mayo

12. Dj's ( compose a list 12a-Dj Who, 12b Dj ?, 12c Dj _____ ) you get the point. whoever wants to participate

13. Continue this list and put whatever I left out.

Someone's gotta take the responsibility of lines 1-12 for sure to have a successful event/bbq/party.

So quick question...let me get this straight. Are we going to have to rent out the pavillion? Also is it finally going to be in South Point? If we do rent it out, who's going to rent it? I'm down to chip in if we have to.:cool:

I don't think we have to rent it out, we just need someone to be there early enough to grab a spot, we got real lucky last time and had one of the last spots.

you forgot the most important thing: the GRILL, someone needs to bring one!! I would If I had one. and we need lots of ice!!! and BIG coolers!!

Guest brwneydtrouble

Ahhhhh....so Wildmiami, you liked the Skrimp, huh? ;) Ok, I think that we would be pretty good with most of the same things that we brought last time, but in larger portions, and we have to remember a few things for SURE.

1) BBQ: VERY IMPORTANT. Maybe even two.

2) Plastic silverware (forgot them last time)

3) Cups, like meli said.

4) Plastic table cloth

5) Manny's chicken :D

And I agree about the BIG coolers. One specifically for the meat and food, maybe even two.

OK C/P PEEPS!!!

WE NEED U GUYS TO POST SO WE KNOW WHO IS GOING!!!

WE NEED THE FOLLOWING:

_ GENERATOR

_ DJ EQUIPMENT (POST WHAT EQUIPMENT UR BRINGING SO WE

WON'T HAVE EXTRA EQUIPMENT)

_ ALCOHOL / ALCOHOL/ MRS. MIAMI SECRET FRUIT DRINK (LOTS

OF IT)

_ FOOD ( EVERYONE POST WHAT THEY ARE GONNA BRING)

_ BBQ GRILLES (2 PREFERABLY/ DEPENDING ON HOW MANY

PEEPS ARE GOING & HOW BIG THE SINGLE ONE IS)

_ PAPER TOWLES/ SILVERWARE PACKAGE (WITH VARIETY)/ CUPS

_ICE/ ICE/ ICE/ ICE & EXTRA COOLERS IF POSSIBE

btw...

i'm gonna bring chicken

& if we are gonna rent a shelter let me know....

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by mjm420

_ ALCOHOL / ALCOHOL/ MRS. MIAMI SECRET FRUIT DRINK (LOTS

OF IT)

Yeah, I have to second this. Mrs Miami's concoction was off the chain. Specially with the pieces of fruit on the bottom.

_ BBQ GRILLES (2 PREFERABLY/ DEPENDING ON HOW MANY

PEEPS ARE GOING & HOW BIG THE SINGLE ONE IS)

I think we should have two going anyway, because of the different types of food. Some you just dont want to cook together, I think I might bring some potatoes to grill, and some veggies.

And this is Julia Child for the CP BBQ Food Network........

O.K. boys and girls. This BBQ may be able to be in my casa. I have a pool and a huge yard and I live a block away from a park which everyone will have no problems parking there. So, ppl gimme input???? Whats up??? :D

Originally posted by steffy27

I think it should just be at the park at 1pm, that way no ones house gets trashed....

Ok, so April 26th, at 1pm at South Point park...

any objections?

I will even get my hands on a grill :D

maybe you should bring some of that kick ass meatloaf & those potatoes with cheese thingys you make ;) or tht tariaky thing you made theother day :D ORRRRRRRRRR we can bring a sushi cheff ;)

Originally posted by koky

maybe you should bring some of that kick ass meatloaf & those potatoes with cheese thingys you make ;) or tht tariaky thing you made theother day :D ORRRRRRRRRR we can bring a sushi cheff ;)

Hmmmm

Sushi Chef = not having to cook

Yes, i'll take option three please :D

hey everyone,

I don't intend to invite myself here...but i would really like to meet some ppl since im new to miami. I'm a DJ and i can probly help out with equipment. Oh... and i also like to grill.

So let me know if if i can contribute to your BBQ...that is of course if you'd like me to.

Sean S.