Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Second Official Whysleep/CP B-Day BBQ

Guest brwneydtrouble

I'm down for a SPP CP Party... I've had plenty of day parties there with TurnTables setup, generators, etc ... the only hassle will be if other pavilions have music, too. Funny enough the biggest hassles I've ever got have been from the Gang Prevention Taskforce stopping the music and making sure no warfare is going to break out.

So, yeah, let's do it. I'll be there, and of course will bring some tunes if there's room on the decks. Oh yeah, I'm vegetarian so I'll bring the veggie burgers and some salad :cool:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djss

hey everyone,

I don't intend to invite myself here...but i would really like to meet some ppl since im new to miami. I'm a DJ and i can probly help out with equipment. Oh... and i also like to grill.

So let me know if if i can contribute to your BBQ...that is of course if you'd like me to.

Sean S.

of coarse you can come dude ... everyone is welcome .... unless you work for sadaam or bin laden .. you can come :cool: :cool:

ARE WE GONNA RENT A PAVILLION OR NOT!!!???

IF WE DON'T WE MAY GET KICKED OUT.....

SO WHAT'S THE DEAL FOLKS!!!

QUITE A BIT OF PEEPS WANNA DO THIS....

SO WHAT'S THE VERDICT......

R WE HAVING A BBQ OR WHAT???

IF WE RENT A PAVILLION.... WOULD LIKE TO RESERVE THIS WEEKEND.... IF NOT UR ON UR OWN....

THERE MAY BE A POSSIBLITY OF NO PAVILLIONS AVAIALABLE......

ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO CHIP IN P.M. ME.....

& LAST BUT NOT LEAST..... HOW MANY PEEPS ARE FINALLY GOING SO WE KNOW WHAT SIZE PAVILLION WE HAVE TO RENT....

no we didn't...

but since we don't know how many people are going...

we may call attention to ourselves.... especially if we bring dj equipment & a generator.....

& there is a sign saying that if u r warned to leave & u don't u can get arrested.... by city on MB ordinance..

so i think it would be wise to rent at least a small one... to be safe.. that is since there will be equipment.... cops may be on the lookout..... or a park official may again say something to us...

Originally posted by steffy27

I think it should just be at the park at 1pm, that way no ones house gets trashed....

Ok, so April 26th, at 1pm at South Point park...

any objections?

I will even get my hands on a grill :D

Good looking out Stef.... I think it should be in a park as well so no ones house gets trashed..... :D

Guest brwneydtrouble

Ok guys, this sounds really promising. Everyone is invited, and anyone can participate in any way they feel they can. Its better to have more stuff than not enough, and I have a feeling that we will have plenty. :)

Renting at least one small pavilion is a good idea, at least for the DJ equipment. Question for the DJ's, is it better to have one with a piknic table under it, or a pavilion sans table? I was thinkig having the table would be better so people can sit to listen, and a place to put your record bags and whatnot so it doesn't sit on the floor.

So lets get this straight, we have:

1) Several DJ's interested.

2) Getting the scoop on the grills

3) Several cooks

4) Alcohol :D

5) All kinds of food

6) Misc paper ware.....

All you DJ's get with each other so that there is a full set of equipment, since I am totally outta the loop on that stuff. Way too technical, just play and I will dance. :)

Yeah Mimi, I was thinking to have it at the park at first, to see how it turns out, how many people, etc. THEN we can see about doing it at someones house. POOL PARTY!!! (Bathing suits optional......) OOOOPS, did I just say that? *lol*

Well, 7 days to go and I am getting very excited about this event. I'm hoping that maybe we can get Cool Junkie out to photograph, what do you guys think? POD.....where ARE you?????

Hey guys. I will definetly be out to the party. Kinda new around here postting, been lurking a little bit.

A Day party sounds fun and I am always interested in meeting new people. I have no problem chipping in for stuff and will bring some food and drinks.

On the picture note, I will provide the photo coverage from the event. That way all pictures will be postted very quickly, usually within 24 hours on tilllate.com .

SO it is now called the Second Official Whysleep/CP/ tilllate B-Day BBQ

Looking forward to it, who needs sleep anyway.:cool:

If anything else is needed just email me.

Look, I don't mind being the one to do it, but the thing is I don't wanna be left in the dirt with this. I don't honestly think I will, but you never know. Sooo, I want a partner so that we can do this together if necessary. I also don't know the number to the place you call to rent it. Any resourceful people that can get that?:cool:

On another note, I haven't seen many posts on what people will be bringing. We need to start getting some people to post on that.

Here's the list again. Post what you'll bring.

List of things we still will probably need:

1. More hot dogs and bread

2. Hamburgers and bread

3. Cokes, Sprites, 7 up yours!

4. More chips with dip/salsa

5. Beer, beer, beer

6. Shrimp and Shish-Kabobs

7. 2 turntables and a microphone (DJ equiptment)

8. generator

9. speakers

10. Paper plates, cups, napkins

11. Ketchup, mustard, mayo

12. Dj's ( compose a list 12a-Dj Who, 12b Dj ?, 12c Dj _____ ) you get the point. whoever wants to participate

13. Continue this list and put whatever I left out.

A couple of things to be mentioned.

Where is the exact, location and time frame? directions or a link to mapquest would be helpful.

I have 2 bottles of Alcohol that seem to be waiting for the right occasion, a bottle of Whiskey and Peach Schnappes, any takers or drinkers for these. I will just throw them in the supplies I'm bringin'.

I like the pool party idea the best, it is damn hot outside at 2pm, and a pool makes everyone be in a relaxing mood.

How many people we actually talking about attending? 10?20? 50? How about a roll call! or send a email to one person in charge.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=1+ocean+dr&city=Miami+Beach&state=FL&zipcode=&homesubmit=Get+Map

Here is a mapquest map that shows south pointe park on it. The ocean is in walking distance for anyone that feels like going for a dip. The time frame will probably be from 1pm til at least 5pm, maybe longer.

Let's get that roll call (with what your bringing) going. Anyone going to this Beaach? (funny beach sounds like bitch and it would mean the same thing):cool:

ladies and gents:

we are getting closer to the date for the bbq....we need to know, what people are going to bring and who is coming...the most important things are as follows:

1. generator

2. turntables, mixer, speakers, amp

3. grill

4. food/drinks/plates

5. toilet paper (dont ask):tongue:

seriously...we need to know WHO is coming and WHAT are they bringing...also: are we going to rent the roof? or what? lets post what u are brining or if ur coming...we need to have a solid idea of who is coming and what people are bringing by the very latest Thurs....come on people!!! help us out here....

ii'm glad we are pulling together...

seems like this will be a good turn out after all!!!!

hey wildmiami the tel # u r looking for is

305-673-7750 south pointe park...

hopefully there will be one available...

glad to see this is turning out to be an awesome bbq!!

i'm gonna bring some chicken & some beer

Originally posted by sgtfury

id like to spin..

you are more than welcome dawg ;) we will work out a time schedule for the day so all the dj's have a chance to spin ... i think one hr to hr & 1/2 each dj would probably fit all you guys in :cool: :cool:

not only am i lookin forward to meeting some ppl down here, but im really excited to spin some house. coming from orlando(a.k.a. break-beat land), it was hard for me to spin house when i was out because there were'nt any ppl to appreciate it. coming to miami, i'd say i'm pretty intimidated. there are so many house dj's and even those who are not djs know whuts up...that's been proven to me just by this message board. :idea: Anyhow i hope to see if my skills are up to par and if i have what it takes to spin here in miami now that i live here. i still spin breaks but not to be confused with the chessey booty tampa breaks.

Hope to meet everyone this weekend and have a good time with some great ppl:D

Until this weekend,

dj ss :cool:

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

Count me out. This sounds like a trance party. No offense to anyone but I'm more of a house head.

Have fun everyone :)

not at all bro ... theres a shitload of guys that are spinning ... jimmy t for example is one of my faves .. so no ... not a trance party at all... think of it as a cp mini ultra :D :D with all geners for everyones taste :D;) ;)

Originally posted by sgtfury

get ready for a trance-athon

yo seriously neeed house djs im not 16 anymore trance blows

we arent gonna be rolling and raving here e gona be chillin and eating

i can stand some trance just plzz not to much

ill even come drop a set lemme know whats up

oh yea also whatever food might be needed i can bring also

potato salad, cole slaw, fresh pinapple, maybe watermellon

whatever

Originally posted by djss

not only am i lookin forward to meeting some ppl down here, but im really excited to spin some house. coming from orlando(a.k.a. break-beat land), it was hard for me to spin house when i was out because there were'nt any ppl to appreciate it. coming to miami, i'd say i'm pretty intimidated. there are so many house dj's and even those who are not djs know whuts up...that's been proven to me just by this message board. :idea: Anyhow i hope to see if my skills are up to par and if i have what it takes to spin here in miami now that i live here. i still spin breaks but not to be confused with the chessey booty tampa breaks.

Hope to meet everyone this weekend and have a good time with some great ppl:D

Until this weekend,

dj ss :cool:

if your skills arent up to par then your stuck to grill duty!!!

just kidding... dont sweat it, everyone is there for a good time.. im going to try & make it

will confirm later in the week!!