Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Do U People Think?

WHEN BAGHDAD FALLS, WE SHOULD..  

7 members have voted

1. 1. WHEN BAGHDAD FALLS, WE SHOULD..

• GIVE THE UN THE ROLE OF RECONSTRUCTING IRAQ'S GOVT'
    • THOSE (US/BRITISH) THAT PUT THEIR SOLDIERS IN HARMS WAY SHOULD ASSUME THE ROLE
    • I COULD CARELESS

I think it should be a mix of both.

The US -British influence SHOULD NOT repeat the mistake of desert storm and leave prematurely. Our prescence is surely needed.

But the international community might find it shady if it's just us. So let the UN have some sort of significant role just to show that it's a happy medium.

i mean it is really "fair" to the let the UN (which includes the French, Russian and Germans) to get to run the country after Saddam is finally toppled? the US/Brits should be the major influence in that country's govt'...let the UN handle humantarian stuff...we put our troops in there and many died serving their country...it makes me laugh the arrogance of the French (which they are known for)...they will veto another UN resolution giving the US/Brits the major role in Iraq...liked that worked last time:rolleyes:

Originally posted by gmccookny

I think it should be a mix of both.

The US -British influence SHOULD NOT repeat the mistake of desert storm and leave prematurely. Our prescence is surely needed.

But the international community might find it shady if it's just us. So let the UN have some sort of significant role just to show that it's a happy medium.

I have to agree. As much as I believe the UN should be abolished for it's lack of utility, an American-only presence will look bad and will only further polarize arab sentiment against us.

mix of both.

wow..looks like we actually agree on this. :eek:

i think the UN should take the lead on the humanitarian aspect, while the UK/US coalition should take the lead on the reconstruction of the govmt' and of the country.

Originally posted by vicman

mix of both.

wow..looks like we actually agree on this. :eek:

i think the UN should take the lead on the humanitarian aspect, while the UK/US coalition should take the lead on the reconstruction of the govmt' and of the country.

scarry :shake::worry:

Originally posted by Drunk

I have to agree. As much as I believe the UN should be abolished for it's lack of utility, an American-only presence will look bad and will only further polarize arab sentiment against us.

but an american-led war won't?...

:rolleyes: