Clubplanet Nightlife Community

RADIO X Anniversary Party at Lumonics

lumonicat

This Saturday, Jan. 6th, Lumonics Theatre & Night-Lite Gallery, Ft. Lauderdale, is hosting the one-year anniversary of DJ Double Negative's weekly radio program,"Destination" on Radio X, 88.5.The night begins with a light and sound performance in the Theatre. Then DJ Double Neg will introduce special guest djs Trauma and Verse, Rillo and Putyu. (breakbeat,trance,progressive house)For more info, call 954-979-3161 or visit www.lumonics.net.

Well, I finally went to the Lumonics art & light event. It was very cool. I went with a completely open mind and just kind of let the night happen. We were getting burned out at a lot of the clubs and were looking for something with a little more substance. WE made reservations and they greeted us at the door and everyone was super friendly...but not the creepy "too friendly", if you know what I mean. The art is fantastic and it lulls you into the night. The theatre holds about 50-70 people. All of the sudden the room gets dark and totally silent. Then the art in the room seems to come alive to the music and the groovy movie/psychedelic film on the back wall. The seats are real furry and cushy...and I suggest you try hanging out in the pyramid after the show! After the show (about a 1/2 hour) a door in the back opens up through to the portal that leads into the dance floor where local artists spin and live drums. It was a real variety of ages but everyone was like all smiley and happy. I was a little hesitant at first because I thought the gallery staff was going to be in our face and I didn't want to feel hemmed in or felt like I was being watched, but it wasn't that way at all. YOu could tell they really enjoy their work and it shows!

Sounds like a refreshing change of pace from the norm. Maybe we can organise a Clubplanet Meetup here. It seems that a place like this would be better suited for actually meeting and talking as opposed to a nightclub. Any takers????

------------------

Syversin

A r t i s t r y

"An artist takes many different colors and after putting them together, creates something beautiful. We are, as DJ's, artists as well. The music is our paint and the people are our canvas."

Count me in! I plan to go again on the 20th. I pasted the email they sent me below: I would definately be up for a meet, greet n' groove session.

Upcoming schedule at Lumonics:

This Saturday, Jan. 13th:

The evening begins with 2 events in the Theatre:"Atlantis Revisited,"

the light and sound performance by Tanner/Billard; followed by "The

Healing." V.O.R.T.E.X. Experience with Kozmic Kitty, Gato (Gatodelik) and

Datura combine energies to create an environment using sound and color

therapy to energize your mind, body, and soul. Then join V.O.R.T.E.X and

company in Nite-Light Gallery for a dance party with an additional

performance by Kriya. The night concludes with a light and sound

mini-performance in the Theatre.

Saturday, Jan. 20th:

Light and Sound Performance in the Theatre:"Space Signals"

Then witness an uplifting set by DJ Danny Bled spinning trance,

followed by Chuckie aka DJ Musiq mixing trance with underground house. Don't

miss the meltdown session with DJ Glenn Frazer spinning ambient

atmospheric sounds in the Theatre.The night concludes with a light and sound

mini-performance.

Reservations: 954-979-3161 or reserve online: http://www.lumonics.net/reservation.htm.

Hours: 10 pm to 3 am, $20 for whole evening, $15 after Theatre

performances; bottled water "on the house." Hope we see you!

For more info: http://www.lumonics.net

Archived