Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJs: Small venue vs. Huge club?

Guest justasking

Guest justasking

Would you be excited about the idea of seeing a DJ play in a smaller venue with the # of ticket sales capped at like 700 or 800 people as opposed to a huge venue like Exit? Even if it was on a weeknight?

What DJs would you most like to see play in a small venue here in NYC?

Originally posted by justasking

Would you be excited about the idea of seeing a DJ play in a smaller venue with the # of ticket sales capped at like 700 or 800 people as opposed to a huge venue like Exit? Even if it was on a weeknight?

What DJs would you most like to see play in a small venue here in NYC?

I prefer a smaller venue,its intimate and they should have some type of membership.Rather have a mature crowd,25 and up.

DJ'S would be Junior Vasquez and Danny Tenagalia.

700 or 800 people is still a pretty damn large venue....that's about the size of Centro-Fly. Not mega-club size, but no Filter 14 either (which holds closer to 100)....

For a real cozy venue, I'd love to see Jazzanova, but usually they do places like Irving Plaza and shyte.

If it's a weeknight, wouldn't mind seeing a DJ like Carl Cox at a medium-sized venue, but it would still probably be too packed to bear...

Guest justasking

Okay, say it was a small venue - what would be your ideal # of people to cap ticket sales at? 200? 500? 800?

I prefer a smaller venue,its intimate and they should have some type of membership.Rather have a mature crowd,25 and up.

DJ'S would be Junior Vasquez and Danny Tenagalia.

Go to Cheetah on Sunday night. Crowd is 25 and up and is very mixed.

Since December They have Had Danny Teneglia, Merrit,Hex Hector, Peter Rauhofer, Boris.

You should check it out.

Originally posted by brickhouse

700 or 800 people is still a pretty damn large venue....that's about the size of Centro-Fly. Not mega-club size, but no Filter 14 either (which holds closer to 100)....

For a real cozy venue, I'd love to see Jazzanova, but usually they do places like Irving Plaza and shyte.

If it's a weeknight, wouldn't mind seeing a DJ like Carl Cox at a medium-sized venue, but it would still probably be too packed to bear...

Hiya,

Centro-Fly in my opinion tends to be a perfect medium between a small venue and a megaclub... tis part of the reason why we love it so and work there.

FYI - Main floor holds 900 (approx) then you add the Pinky and Tapioca.

And... I prefer what we've been doing, booking great talent in a more intimate club that has that 'happy medium' ;)

i like both, depending on the dj or the night... but lately i think i've been in too many small venues...

i could go for a great night at a HUGE club... TONS of people... half the fun is just wandering between the different rooms and hearing the different djs...

grrrr.... limelight/buzz/space relapse...