Clubplanet Nightlife Community

some things you should NOT say upon departing...

(I copy n' pasted as you would have to register first to view the messege board) (the best reply is last)

Subject : i guess bye metromix

hey guys

sorry to say but i have to be out, due to the dues...

nothing against qwest however i cant pay to dj i get paid to do it.

now i am on many websites and i cant nor need to start paying to be on any of them. i am a pro dj not an amateour who needs to pay 120$ a year,

sorry

this turned from being a great dj service to a joke

i feel like if u need to pay to dj, there is something u're doing wrong either u cant get gigs and are desperate to dj or u are an amateour who is willing to pay anything just to have "dj" put in front of your name

so guys have fun being joined by every "nobody" just cause they paid qwest to be on the site, nice knowing u guys

patricia starr

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I took the liberty of pasting peoples replies:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ouch, some harsh words there sista.

I didn't realize you were so "professional" and famous, I hadn't heard of you till MetroMix.

I myself, am a "nobody" dj who needs to pay to have dj put in front of my name, and thus I need to pay Qwest so I can stay on here.

See you later

-XeNo-

This chick rite here thinks shes Sandra Collins or someshit... Sweety I havent even heard of ur name untill u came on metromixradio, that should pretty much mean no one has untill u came on metromix.. As for us being called "amatuers" most of us DJs on this site are doin pretty well with gigs, so u should know what ur talking about before u start talking....

DJ Mike DirekT

I suppose the best thing to do in a situation like this is to simply make this a sticky for everyone to see just so Patricia can continue to make an ass of yourself

Best of luck with your professional career. Let us know when that starts.

Qwest

Oh yea and much love to Qwest for all hes done for us here...

DJ Mike DirekT

I'm sorry fellow metromixers, It's all my fault. If it wasn't for me, she would have never even made it on Metromix. Qwest, I'm sorry I asked for the favor.

apotheosis

Wow, too bad she outgrew us. Our superstarr has left the building. What the hell are we going to do with the void that is left behind. The world must be coming to an end.

dj-double-s

"so guys have fun being joined by every "nobody"" WTF, and your somebody? just cuz you spin at the china club doesent make you more of a somebody than any of the djs on this site. I take offense to that comment, sure I don't get that many gigs, but im young and i have time on my side and I have alot to learn. that doesent give you the right to call of us 'nobodys'. Not like you are a respected dj/producer yet. I havent heard of you till you joined this site. Once you start touring the world and you start spinning main floor spots around the world and producing quality tracks thats when you have the right to say what you said, but until than, shut your trap and take your ego elsewhere, cuz we don't want to hear it.

X-Phactor

Thats the only thing that worries me, when someone asks me if I can hook them up to be on MMR, I dunno what to say... Not everyone can devote them selves to it, or not every one will take what we believe in about this site seriously, and then when u hook a brotha up, they end up making u look bad... I feel for u Mikey..

DJ Mike DirekT

hmmm was she on or off her medication at the time??

X- Phactor

...it would have been better if patricia had not said a word...she may consider herself a professional dj, but her words here are quite immature and amateurish if you will...i think this woman does not understand the concepts of what metromix is trying to accomplish...perhaps because she can not get passed herself...

Niko

I agree, she wouldve sounded much more professional, if she hadnt said anything...

DJ Mike DirekT

I'm not one to trash, bad-mouth, or even criticize in most cases, as this business needs unity, not adversity. But reading this post truly infuriated me. I consider myself one who conducts business in a completely professional manner, and those who know me either through this site, or from my many years in the business can attest to that. But I gotta say some ish:

Ms Starr, if you can't read this post because it's beneath your Browser's integrity to surf metromixradio.com, then I'm certain some "nobody" will copy&paste the thread. This nobody is heated.

I came across you because we were both on metromix. You've asked me for music...FREE music...because we were on metromix, and I think you might even be doing a show on another station. I suppose you're playing your free music and getting paid much more than I at all your gigs....I mean, EVENTS. And surely thatotherwebsitewithliveshows.com is paying you quite well to broadcast against my show on THIS terrible site.

As a matter of fact, just this previous weekend we played the same venue, same floor, back to back. How complimentary you were when I followed your 20-minute set with two hours of dancefloor control. Maybe it was your way of asking me for more peak-hour material. Quite alright, though. I'll accept the compliment nevertheless, as it wasn't the only one. I'm just thankful your set was short enough to not completely clear the floor before mine.

I think your departure here might have been less of an event if you'd said that you couldn't afford the new membership dues, don't have the time to invest, or just feel like you're not getting enough for your money. Instead, you chose to justify your departure by knocking everyone else's decision to stay. I don't pay these dues because I'm a nobody. I don't pay them because I need to "buy a gig". Thankfully, I have gigs that support my wonderful lifestyle. I DO pay them because i feel it's a valuable service to me. I pay for cable tv, and i rarely watch it. THAT's a waste. Here I have one more location, other than djtonytee.com, to post events, interact with fellow DJs, get opinions on new production, mixes, and yes, BROADCAST LIVE every tuesday night! That alone would cost me much more in time and money than the relatively small amount equal to a tank of gas that I pay Qwest. In addition, I've seen what he's been able to accomplish with our help in such a short time, and I think it's valuable. If you don't, then it's possible that YOU are the nobody unworthy of being inside the circle.

I imagine it's hard enough for a girl to get credibility in this business. And most of you unfortunately offer little more than novelty. If you brought anything to this table, then I'd say you're losing it quickly with this attitude. I do wish you luck, as I think you might need it. If you walk into many clubs and regard others as "nobodys", that might eventually be who you're playing to. Then, you might get a "somebody" who follows your set well enough for the novelty to wear off.

I'll see you around. I'll be the one in the booth trying to mix.

Tony Tee

As i said before: One should probably NOT say certain things.