Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space 34!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thehog

Originally posted by rcrespo

so did i and i was sent home .. im usually go space go .. but this was not funny at all .. half my friends didnt go cause they lived hella far and were in the same situation. I actually came back to hear some decent music only reason to go out anyway. I felt like i was going to work not going to space .. quite lame imho.

sent home wtf. did you bring an apple back with you? lol that's stuff they use to do, when I was in the 4th grade.you have more patience then me. I would have just gone elsewhere, there are way to many other choices. then having to deal with a selective dress code. hopefully Space 34 ditches this real quickly, or they will be minus sobeton.:( which I'm sure will kill LP's bottomline. :laugh:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents on the new space.....I think the new Space is great. Of course it is not the old one but it is something new, which i like......sound system was amazing and lights to go along....open bar was one of the best i ever had...i only had two johnny walkers str8 up and i decided to stop drinking because i totally wanted to remember this place for the first time....even though i hadnt had any drink i was on pure adrenaline........needless to say I had a great time...and i think the dress code is a blessing to the disctrict....LOUIS AND FAMILY...please keep it that way.......great to see meli, (didnt quite find jesse) biz, diego, and the 88.1fm crew, I hope ray is doing well after all the throwing up.......i hope to see you all again next weekend......and BIZ????????? where is my lunar sessions t shirt....see ya all @ SPACEEE

Oh and by the way...i went into Space in jeans also......Its all about how you present yourself......keep the dressssssss coddddddeeeeeeee!!!

Yeah I honestly gotta laugh at the dress code situation, I have been wearing Diesel sneaker,shoes in their since day one and never had to deal with a doorman telling me they were unappropriate. I guess the 20 bucks I stuffed into hand made him change his mind real quick however I heard many others did not have the same luck. Next time I head over to SPACE34 I will try not to forget my Prada Loafers and my three Piece Valentino.:laugh:

As for the club I saw the whole layout during Conference I

Dig the patio the sound system sounded much better than it did for Deep Dish and I definately agree with LP about full range of coverage from the soundsystem no matter where I was standing at in the club the sound was equally as good. Shotz out to the usual peeps Dekan,Steph,Leon,Abby,Jim, and to Greg A.K.A. Sgt. Fury for being completely shitfaced at Dekan's place and scared us all by getting naked and jumping on everyone on the couch:eek:

I must say I always respected OG for what he has done for the music scene in Miami and for having his own style but I have never really been a fan of his music however last night I was really impressed in the Diversity,track selection, and I almost lost my mind when he dropped that remix of Solarcoaster around 5 am in which I still have no clue what remix that was, Anyway's great job Oscar it was definately a good night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

can u please describe the "bullshit" that was being played?:confused:

you know I don't no jack about music but I just hated what ever it was.

sounded like every kind of dance music thrown all together in a blender.

the more he played that junk the more people left for the patio.

Originally posted by str8upcore

Dig the patio the sound system sounded much better than it did for Deep Dish and I definately agree with LP about full range of coverage from the soundsystem no matter where I was standing at in the club the sound was equally as good. Shotz out to the usual peeps Dekan,Steph,Leon,Abby,Jim, and to Greg A.K.A. Sgt. Fury for being completely shitfaced at Dekan's place and scared us all by getting naked and jumping on everyone on the couch:eek:

I must say I always respected OG for what he has done for the music scene in Miami and for having his own style but I have never really been a fan of his music however last night I was really impressed in the Diversity,track selection, and I almost lost my mind when he dropped that remix of Solarcoaster around 5 am in which I still have no clue what remix that was, Anyway's great job Oscar it was definately a good night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, yeah Greg def scared me with that move :laugh:

Also I agree about Oscar, i have never really been a big fan until Sat night! OMG he was great, def played a great mix of tunes and he is a nasty trance DJ when he wants to be...if he played like that every weekend I wouldnt go anywhere else!

The dresscode was bullshit, we should have been warned about that...*cough* biz *cough* :confused:

It was great to finally be in the new Space without the WMC crowd, having room to dance was a plus since thats all we basically did! IMO I wont miss the old Space, 34 is awesome, much better than I expected.

Oh and I loved the snow...reminded me of many nights in NYC clubs :(:D but bring back the whiteouts!!

Oh and it was a HUGE sausage fest, it seemed like me and abby were like the only two chicks on the dance floor at 3/4am...and if one more person asked if I was on spring break I was gonna scream :laugh: :laugh:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by jasonmarc

Oh and by the way...i went into Space in jeans also......Its all about how you present yourself......keep the dressssssss coddddddeeeeeeee!!!

:aright:

100% agree.

dress codes are designed too let adults in, and the kiddies out. At karma, they let you in with jeans, but if you look at the crowd, they are all adults.. Jeans are fine, i'm not saying you shouldn't wear them, I however dont, any idiot that sez jeans are more comfortable then my expensive italian slacks is on crack. Look at hog, he wears jeans one night and slacks the other, but always looks nice and presentable. Unlike most of cp and most of space which turned into a crack den when all the chicks left last june... Sad thing is i'd like to do a party at karma, but this time i'd have to let guyman do all the inviting since I can't rely that cp can show up dressed like adults...

Space went down hill when the chicks left. Just because it is new, doesn't mean the same thing won't happen this summer. I"m sure they won't turn chicks away, since most chicks can make any outfit look great especially down here.. But the crowd turned ugly last year, not in the looks but in the style and maturity level..

The way you are dressed is a direct reflection of where you are from, how you were raised.

Originally posted by saleen351

:aright:

100% agree.

dress codes are designed too let adults in, and the kiddies out. At karma, they let you in with jeans, but if you look at the crowd, they are all adults.. Jeans are fine, i'm not saying you shouldn't wear them, I however dont, any idiot that sez jeans are more comfortable then my expensive italian slacks is on crack. Look at hog, he wears jeans one night and slacks the other, but always looks nice and presentable. Unlike most of cp and most of space which turned into a crack den when all the chicks left last june... Sad thing is i'd like to do a party at karma, but this time i'd have to let guyman do all the inviting since I can't rely that cp can show up dressed like adults...

Space went down hill when the chicks left. Just because it is new, doesn't mean the same thing won't happen this summer. I"m sure they won't turn chicks away, since most chicks can make any outfit look great especially down here.. But the crowd turned ugly last year, not in the looks but in the style and maturity level..

The way you are dressed is a direct reflection of where you are from, how you were raised.

Clothes don't make the man or lady.. actions do !

Originally posted by sobeton

hopefully Space 34 ditches this real quickly, or they will be minus sobeton.:(

What will the speakers do without Sobeton to sit in them :confused::laugh:

I don't mind dress code since I usually dress nice anyway. So it really doesn't effect me.

To each their own........:D

Guest saleen351

Clothes don't make the man or lady.. actions do !

"perception is truth" madison ave, NYC

and the dress code is here to stay for the exact reasons that i posted.. good job LP you clearly knew your club was getting dirty.. i feel the girls will come back...

"perception is truth" madison ave, NYC

and the dress code is here to stay for the exact reasons that i posted.. good job LP you clearly knew your club was getting dirty.. i feel the girls will come back...

"common sense is not so common." the ladies have always been there.sometimes more, and sometimes less.perhaps there just not finding you. :D will see how long the dress code last. there’s way to many other choices out there. which would prove to be more accommodating. ;)

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i thought u were talking about OG...now its Roly who was playing bs music?:confused:

Man are you still fock up???

they left to go to the patio

that means from the main room (OG playing) to the patio (Roland playing)

I guess it was the normal time people start to head out there anyway but all I can say is BLAHGGGGGGGGGGGGGg:vomit3:

DOn't get me wrong the first few hours of OG set was great and Roland was on all night.:D :D

Guest saleen351

"common sense is not so common." the ladies have always been there.sometimes more, and sometimes less.perhaps there just not finding you. :D will see how long the dress code last. there’s way to many other choices out there. which would prove to be more accommodating. ;)

the dress code is here to stay, though not as strict as last week...

saleen is all knowing and i happend to think its the right thing to do, only if they treat the thugs the same way as the house crowd...

the dress code is here to stay, though not as strict as last week...

saleen is all knowing and i happend to think its the right thing to do, only if they treat the thugs the same way as the house crowd...

ummmm okay whatever.:rolleyes: if history serves me correctly; then the aforementioned will be obsolete. :idea:

Guest saleen351

ummmm okay whatever.:rolleyes: if history serves me correctly; then the aforementioned will be obsolete. :idea:

bro its a new space... old policies will not be carried over. competiton is moving in 50 yards down the block... The build it and they will come attitude won't work.. They must prevent the female situation of last summer.. It was soooooooooooooooooooooooo bad, that lauderdale will be my sole place to party if it happens again... Most tourists dress nice, therefore the locals will just learn to act like adults... There is no current alternative to space......... it's their way or the highway...

Guest saleen351

WRONG ! and don't ask me to start naming places, becuase you already know the current ones,and the future ones. ;)

current ones:

crobar:laugh:

nerve:laugh:

maze:laugh:

level:laugh:

the beach:laugh:

none come close to space, though some are cool to check out every now and then... only one doesnt' close at 5am

future ones:

that new nyc afterhours joint.. which i have no info on.

And nocturnal which will do well.

game over, deal with it:tongue: