Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Acid - Techno - Rave - Trance , Why have they all died and HOUSE is still here?

urei-1620

Urei –1620 > what’s up bro? I think some those genders of music have died off. Quiet simply because they did not progress with their audience. Acid I just think never caught on in the states. You had acid jazz and that just never caught on. Techno was hot when you had bands like Junkie –XL, Prodigy, Crystal Method, etc who were incorporating Rock with Techno. Trance I believe is still alive, but has taken on a different style. You will always have your trance loyalist like Paul Oakenfold; who will not change their style. But then you have people like Anthony Pappa, Sasha & Digweed, Dave Seamen, etc who have incorporated House, and trance into their music and make it work. Sometimes it is dark, but it flows very nicely. These DJ’s are the ones who will take trance to the next level; and hopefully their audiences will progress with them. House will always be here, I believe it is the foundation of dance music. Even within house itself; you have many styles, but that’s all good. Makes things very interesting. Just curious since you are a DJ; what DJ’s have influenced the type of music you play?

Peace,

Sobeton

cwm32.gif

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 01-21-2001).]

cwm29.gifcwm30.gifcwm12.gif

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

HOUSE MUSIC IS THE FOUNDATION!!!

(or should I say disco?)

ACID:this was just a phase in the progression of house music, the same as the filtered sound of today(i.e.:subliminal)Acid house was a very important moment in the history of house music because it made the UK listen.....

TECHNO:Some would argue techno was around before house(remember Kraftwerk, Cybotron "Clear") Techno is still very much alive!! with many great DJs(Richie Hawtkin,Derrick May,Juan Atkins,Carl Cox etc.)and producers (Pascal FEOS, Underground Resistance ,etc. )They even play techno at Body & Soul (DJ ROLANDO'S "JAGUAR")

RAVE: I do'nt think this was as much a sound as it was a type of outlaw party started by British kids which later turned into a world-wide scene.....

TRANCE:is a combination of the House and techno before it and has been around long enough already that I would'nt consider it a fad. Paul Oakenfold has championed this sound for nearly a decade now and it has progressed into many different sounds within the genre with the likes of Sasha and Digweed taking it deeper now....

In my opinion if Larry Levan (the greatest DJ ever!) were still alive today and he was playing at the Paradise Garage (the greatest club ever!) he would be playing all this stuff...(come to think of it even he played techno smile.gif

GOOD MUSIC IS GOOD MUSIC!!!!

PEACE'

KINGSREET smile.gif

In my opinion the Music never really dies... it just transforms from one tone to another. Think about it, all styles have a prominent bass line mostly 4 /4, all styles have some elements of vocals (sampled or sung), then certain styles like trance are done mostly in certain keys (or an repetitive arrangement of keys). But, House is and will always be the foundation of dance music...

However, as I have posted previously in defense of my versa-style/taste... ALL of this "dance" music would be Naught if not for Disco (but I'm no advocate for bellbottoms & rhinestones cwm22.gif )

Disco = is the Father to the Bastard son named House = who was a freak and fucked every sound around, thus creating other little bastards (Techno, Trance, Big-Beat, Breakz, & Gabber(who wont shut the F* Up) just to name a few.

But we must not forget the Mother of it all Soul, who has been repeatedly robbed and raped by the industry thus creating other Bastards named...Funk, Hip-Hop, and Alternative (just to name a few).

So..... Plz tune in next week for another exciting episode of...........All My Music!

***where a illegitimate son who has changed his name to 2-step Garage come back home to visit.***

Two-step ain't new and it ain't a transformation of house; just a sub-genre... gawd, if all house sounded like Wookie I'd start listening to Garth Brooks. wink.gif

------------------

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

House music.. I understand it... I just don't like it.. how do ya even dance to that crap...

I hope it dies soon!!!

You go to shadow while GA is spinnin, or Edgar at Space... and see where the house music is! It ain't!

I wanna hear Trance and afterhours music (trancy/Break)...

not put me to sleep house.......

I hope more feel the same way!

Peace!

Not I; and you're one of a growing minority... enjoy it while it lasts.

------------------

drscoops > no flame bro. I also am a big fan of trance. You can honestly say; you can’t dance to house music? Throw on a CD from Armand Van Helden, Todd Terry, Steve Lawler, Deep Dish, etc. Then tell me; that music does not make you dance your ass off. There is so much good dance music around; you are depriving yourself.

Peace,

Sobeton

cwm32.gif

drscoop, I disagree with you. How could you like all those annoying high pitched synth's? there is nothing better than deep dubby progressive house.

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

"It's what you do, when you do it and how you do it" -- "Don't let people bring you down, just shrug it off and dick slap them"

I think Trance music is the king of music, I love the Trance music I love the glowsticks and the vicks vaporrub (for colds too) I love the Trance 200 BPM and also when it is mixed up with a little bit of hip hop and Salsa and Merengue, I love the trance music and the tikiti tikiti tikiti tikiti tikiti tikiti sound that it makes. I love that power 96 and Y-100 play it all the time and I'm cool now cause I love the tikiti tikiti trance sound and glowsticks and the guy that spins that thing around and around to the tikiti tikiti tikiti and it says ROLLIN… its so cool man trance is so cool it is king of the clubs and of the radio now too..And oh man blowing up to the bullet in the gun song, WOW man bullet in the gun and Power 96 and Trance I love it man I,m so cool.

And Gorge Acosta is the king of all DJs in the universe, man he bangs me up, what is power 96 waiting for, why doesn't he do the lunch mix with the tikiti tikiti tikiti tikiti sound of trance like that new song bullet in the gun..WOW man blowing up to the bullet in the gun song..And who cares about the groove I can move the hand back and forth and point at the DJ to the tikiti tikiti tikiti sound and look cool right, with my sunglasses on..Man trance is king of musics man. I'm blowing up here man wheeew…

And I know musics too man, I now am 22 and have been a clubber for over 2 years now man I know the scene man and Trance is king (tikiti tikiti tikiti tikiti, that is the cool sound) I know I am an educated clubber..Trance is king man even in all the sweet 15s partys it rules now, the kids know what is cool man and Trance is really cool , and when you mix it up with a little reggae and cumbia and bachata like in the 15s then you really blow up man..

------------------

http://members.aol.com:/proaudio4you/larry

Yeah man, Trance is the king of all musics, I know...The other night my cousin in east Hialeah had an open house, man and the DJ was the frikin bomb man he was mixin it up like this 3 Trance songs 2 salsas 2 merengues 2 slows and then back to Trance man he was the frikin bomb, he had remixes of the bullet in the gun song, he was the bomb. I think his name was DJ Fulanito d'Trance..He was the bomb, man a real up and comer you know alot of Trance man and even my uncles danced to it cause they're learning that Trance is King of all musics too.........

------------------

http://members.aol.com:/proaudio4you/larry

Originally posted by aztec-mystic:

I think Trance music is the king of music, I love the Trance music I love the glowsticks and the vicks vaporrub (for colds too) I love the Trance 200 BPM and also when it is mixed up with a little bit of hip hop and Salsa and Merengue, I love the trance music and the tikiti tikiti tikiti tikiti tikiti tikiti sound that it makes. I love that power 96 and Y-100 play it all the time and I'm cool now cause I love the tikiti tikiti trance sound and glowsticks and the guy that spins that thing around and around to the tikiti tikiti tikiti and it says ROLLIN… its so cool man trance is so cool it is king of the clubs and of the radio now too..And oh man blowing up to the bullet in the gun song, WOW man bullet in the gun and Power 96 and Trance I love it man I,m so cool.

And Gorge Acosta is the king of all DJs in the universe, man he bangs me up, what is power 96 waiting for, why doesn't he do the lunch mix with the tikiti tikiti tikiti tikiti sound of trance like that new song bullet in the gun..WOW man blowing up to the bullet in the gun song..And who cares about the groove I can move the hand back and forth and point at the DJ to the tikiti tikiti tikiti sound and look cool right, with my sunglasses on..Man trance is king of musics man. I'm blowing up here man wheeew…

And I know musics too man, I now am 22 and have been a clubber for over 2 years now man I know the scene man and Trance is king (tikiti tikiti tikiti tikiti, that is the cool sound) I know I am an educated clubber..Trance is king man even in all the sweet 15s partys it rules now, the kids know what is cool man and Trance is really cool , and when you mix it up with a little reggae and cumbia and bachata like in the 15s then you really blow up man..

LOL. That's the funniest shit I ever read.

------------------

handya.gifjefmils1.gifhandya.gif

Archived