Clubplanet Nightlife Community

$24,000 piece of shit

So i'm driving back from NY in my Eclipse side by side with the 944 and i go to pass on a 2 lane exit from the gsp onto the njtp before the toll booth. Going about 50mph and downshift in to 3rd.. hit the gas... nothing. hit the clutch, revs are at 0! Try to restart... cranks.. cranks... no fire. Roll to the side of the road without power steering or brakes. My instinct tells me to check the ignition fuse. Bingo, blown fuse.

2 hours ago, repeat. going around a turn. bam, engine dies. will not fire.

Electrical problems are the hardest to diagnose, any ideas where to start? :mad:

My warranty expired 900 miles ago. :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by teklord310

So i'm driving back from NY in my Eclipse side by side with the 944 and i go to pass on a 2 lane exit from the gsp onto the njtp before the toll booth. Going about 50mph and downshift in to 3rd.. hit the gas... nothing. hit the clutch, revs are at 0! Try to restart... cranks.. cranks... no fire. Roll to the side of the road without power steering or brakes. My instinct tells me to check the ignition fuse. Bingo, blown fuse.

2 hours ago, repeat. going around a turn. bam, engine dies. will not fire.

Electrical problems are the hardest to diagnose, any ideas where to start? :mad:

My warranty expired 900 miles ago. :mad: :mad:

you might want to think about extending your warranty...or selling the car...:worry:

ignition fuse blowing = power surge.

it doesn't take a genius to figure out that there's a problem with the system if your fuses are going pop.

find out what could be causing that, or just use a slightly larger fuse for the time being.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

you might want to think about extending your warranty...or selling the car...:worry:

It's all payed off as of this month. Someone suggested to check the O2 sensors, there is a slight chance the wiring melted and is shorting against the body during hard cornering. I'll buy a shitload of fuses(those ghey mini ones) and test it out some more later on. Depending on how the next 12 months go, i'll decide whether or not to sell it. 2 year max, i know the car will develop serious problems down the road which i'm not willing to deal with.

My friend drove my eclipse tonight and i drove his 91 stealth. He was damn impressed at how it handles and sounds. I'm pretty happy with it, its decently quick, sounds nice, and i like the looks. But i see serious tranny/engine problems down the road. The lifters are getting noisier, minor quarks are getting to be more noticeable.... well what do you expect, its still a Mitsubishi. I'm curious how the EVO is going to pan out.

Oh well... hey if i sell the eclipse i can easily setup a nice porsche 914 with a beefy 911 3.0SC or 3.2Liter engine. Midengine, 2100 lbs, can't complain.

Originally posted by cintron

it doesn't take a genius to figure out that there's a problem with the system if your fuses are going pop.

find out what could be causing that, or just use a slightly larger fuse for the time being.

Yeah i know there is aproblem with the system. I'll check out the O2s, thats my only current theory. Something is loose and is shorting. OH well, life goes on.

Originally posted by cintron

Yeah i know there is aproblem with the system. I'll check out the O2s, thats my only current theory. Something is loose and is shorting. OH well, life goes on.

Originally posted by atomicapples

PEOPLE SHOULD LEAVE THEIR CARS STOCK...

uhh, his car pretty much IS stock... atleast when it comes to anything electrical...

and more importantly, they should stop cutting corners and making CRAP at the factory, and then we'd never have to touch anything....

PEOPLE SHOULD LEAVE THEIR CARS USDM... ;)

Car was fine for a week, pushed it around corners.. no problems.. Today i pushed it, pop... no ignition. Changed fuse, blew 5 times within the next 10 minutes drives very softly. I disconnected all the O2s, no problem except service engine soon light. I isolated it to the 1 O2 sensor, the wiring must have come loose or melted. i'll check it when i go home. i'm 99% sure this is the issue.

Originally posted by atomicapples

it could be your MAF sensor incorrect a/f reading.. your car will die...

eigh... car works with the 1 O2 disconnected. Incorrect a/f won't cause the fuse to blow, the car just won't run well at all and the computer will kick into super rich default more and throw a SES light.