Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spa and Lotus

Lotus BLOWS! YEs there a re a lot of women thre, but the vorwd is so wannabe. I went there back ij Decemeber when visiting my brother in Manhattan and the DJ was wahck\.

He played shit anywhere from what you'd on NYC Undergeround tapes, to 80's Price (I SHIT you not!), to some Jay-z etc... The basemant is weak too.

Every lounge in Denver is even better then the sorry Lotus. Haven't been too many other places in Manhattan, but from what I saw in the Lotus I will NEVER go back. There has to be 50 other lounges (Lotus has a certain 'club' appeal to it, although the dance floor is a joke - it's about 20 feet wide and 60 long). The balcony on the upper right hand side is pretty cool though. The music was waaaaay too loud and cheesy as hell too! There were PLENTY of bridge and tunnel there too - not my corwd for those types. On a positive note (other then the cool balcony) the security and the bartenders/waitstaff were very friendly and accomodating. That was refreshing.

Most people go to the Lotus, just to say ' I went to Lotus this past Friday'. It's one of those places...

Originally posted by abdoul

Does anyone know what the deal with Spa? Is it permanently closed or just for renovations? Also is Lotus a nice Club? what days are good?

Thanks

I believe Spa is being renovated, Im not sure if it was sold... I think so.

As for Lotus, its more of you're 'upscale' type of party... some are wannabes, some are real.

I went there a few years ago, it seemed a little more of the serious hangout for those who really are debutants.

The owners bought Baktun, are re-doing that... then that will be the venue of nobility while Lotus opens its doors a little wider.