Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where to go in Fort Lauderdale?

ryno

What up people! biggrin.gif As you can see, I'm kinda new to the boards. Anyways, me and my girl are heading down to Fort Lauderdale on 3/3-3/10 for Spring Break. Just wondered if anybody could give me a breakdown of all of the good bars/clubs in the city/area. We're staying at a hotel near the intersection of Oakland Park Blvd. and N Federal Highway. We've been clubbin in DC a lot. Like to go to places that are spinning house, hip-hop, techno, reggae. Not really into the trance/rave scene.

We're over 21, so we can get into anywhere. Just trying to avoid places that are run-down, lame, or dangerous. Also, we won't have a car so we can't drive anywhere really far away. Any advice/help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Peace,

Ryno

icon20.gif

[This message has been edited by ryno (edited 01-31-2001).]

Most places up there that you can hear of will play that stuff, if you want some good house, ya gotta come down our way. See if you guys can rent a car for a few days..it'd be well worth your while....anything you do up there is 10x more fun down in miami smile.gif

AS FAR AS HIP-HOP YOU CAN GOTO STEREO ON A FRIDAY.... HOUSE MUSIC IS HARD TO FIND IN FT. LAUDERDALE IT'S MORE TRACE AND DEEP HOUSE IF THAT'S WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR TRY VELET LOUNG TAHT'S CLOSE TO YOU.....REGGAE WELL THE GOOD SESSIONS COME IN SEGMENTS.... BUT WHEN YOU GET HERE LET ME KNOW I'LL HELP YOU OUT...

------------------

GARY P.(ARTISTRY)

FREE YOUR MIND

Thanks for all your help guys! pod-I don't think it will be possible for us to rent a car, cause we're already strapped for cash. You know how it goes. yelhappy.gif ravepapa13-Thanks for the suggestions man! We'll trade contact info the closer our trip comes. I've been lookin on the web and have found a couple places called "Baja Beach Club" and "Atlantis Nightclub." Any opinion on these places?

If anybody else also has some info on the nightlife, please reply! It would be much appreciated.

Peace,

Ryno

cwm26.gif

[This message has been edited by ryno (edited 02-01-2001).]

Ok, it's sounds like a lot of people in here don't think that much of Fort Lauderdale. But it's the only place I could find for Spring Break this late, and I'm gonna be there for a week. Avoid Baja and Atlantis, check. Go to Stereo and Velvet Lounge, check. Can anyone tell me some other places that are at least tolerable? Give me your opinions on the following: Cafe Iguana, Sloppy Joe's, Chili Pepper, and Shooters. Any reply would help out a bunch. Unfortunately, driving to Miami/South Beach is not an option. Thanks a lot!

Peace,

Ryno

blackey.gif

Okay, I live in Lauderdale so I have seen many a Spring Break here and I can tell you where the Spring Breakers will be. There is an area called Riverfront (Stereo, Iguana Cantina, Chili Pepper etc.) where it is a strip of clubs and bars.That will get the most spring break traffic. Then there is Beach Place. During the off season it royally sucks but during spring break it will be packed full of drunk college kids. That is basically what we have to offer....Don't worry you will have fun! Don't forget to stop by Blondie's on the beach for the cheapest drinks!!

Jewel cwm9.gif

Thanks a lot jewelangel! That helps me out a lot. Only problem is, we're staying near the intersection of Oakland Park Blvd and N Federal Highway, so we are somewhat far away from Riverfront and Beach Place. We are close to Shooters and Baja Beach Club, but I don't know how many Breakers will be there. But thanks a lot for your help! I now know where the action will be!

Thanks again,

Ryno

jump.gif

Archived