Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Victor Dinaire , Jan Johnston (Live), And George Acosta

"Just Unknown Tour 2003"

Lineup :

Victor Dinaire

Jan Johnston (Live)

George Acosta

To kick off the hottest summer tour of 2003, George Acosta, Jan Johnston, and Victor Dinaire will be teaming up for the first time ever. The super star trio will begin the first leg of this worldwide tour in July, hitting the major market cities in the US before heading to Canada and the UK. Marketed as a trance tour, it features with a wide range of styles. You can count on hard, progressive, deep, and epic trance to please fans across the globe. Jan Johnston will entice the crowd with a one-hour live vocal performance, teamed with George Acosta and Victor Dinaire and their 60-90min live dj sets. We are now taking offers for July and Aug. Full press kit and schedule is available upon request!

Victor Dinaire

BMG Music - Logic 3000 - Future Progression - Just Two Mgmt - New York City, NY

Hailing out of New York City, This up and coming phenom is a regular at Arc, home to Danny Teneglia & Danny Howells. Along with his memorable shows in the Big Apple, Dinaire tours extensively all over the US and beyond spreading his signature sound to the masses earning a reputation at some of the biggest clubs in the biz. From Vancouver to Costa Rica, Victor has performed with esteemed artists such as: Flava Flav, Junior Vasquez, Rabbit in The Moon, Talla 2XLC, Marco V, John 00 Fleming, Judge Jules and Sandra Collins. Victor's Discography is rather impressive too. His first CD titled "Logic Trance 4" hit the top 5 spot for 3 weeks straight on the CMJ charts. Then came the successful series of trance classics, the latter of which nearly sold out: Timeless Trance: Morning Sessions and Midnight Sessions. His new CD which is slated for a July 2003 release on BMG is destined to catapult him to stardom. More info on Victor can be found at www.VictorDinaire.com

Jan Johnston

(Live Performance)

Perfecto Records - UWM Group - Los Angeles, CA

She's worked with BT, Chicane, and Oakenfold. Had tracks featured in movies like American Pie and Hackers 2. Yet, strange though it may sound, Jan's current story kicks off a few years ago in a bargain bin in Manchester.

January 97: BT (Brian Transeau) is over from the US doing some studio work and is busy rifling through the city's Bluezone second hand record shop. Picking up a vinyl copy of "Calling your Name" (later used on American Pie), and impressed by the face on the sleeve, he promptly buys it (for 50p no less!)

Everyone loved it. Offers flooded in, and, as well as immediately flying over to LA to work on new material, Jan was soon lending her distinctive vocals to a plethora of other artists: Chicane on "Love Will Come", "Take Me By the Hand", by Victor Imbres' Submerge project and Freefall's number one club hit "Skydive". On top of this,BT and Jan did a sell-out 30-date tour of the States from San Francisco to Florida. Which is how she captured the eagle eyes - and ears - of a certain well-known DJ:

"Paul (Oakenfold) pulled me aside one night after the show and whispered in my ear, "I want to sign you." I was initially a bit cautious because I'm more singer-songwriter than dance diva, but he assured me I'd have free reign. And I obviously had a lot of respect for his reputation in the industry." Jan signed to Perfecto in Summer 99. Relocating to LA to record with US producer Jamie Myerson, they worked on and recorded Jan's debut album in the first six months of last year.

A subtle marriage of Jan's open lyrics and Jamie's quietly understated production, the forthcoming album "Emerging" is testament to the strength of traditional songwriting that can and still exists within a dance sensibility: "I can't bear the idea of not communicating something to my audience. I love combining dance influences beats and breaks here and there with everything I've experienced over the years in relationships and life generally. I want to pull people's emotions, make them feel what I feel. If they do, then I've succeeded."

Tracks range from the painful experience of a relationship breakdown in the epic "No Excuses" through to the nascent sense of finding inner peace in title track "Emerging"; along the way Jan also covers the Carpenters' classic "Superstar" ("purely to put myself up against a great artist!") and ends with the pensive prayer to a higher being, "God's Plan." First single "Flesh", released April 9, is, as its title suggests, a paean to somewhat more biblical pleasures, in the less holy sense of the word!

Born and bred in the gray swathes of Salford, Jan was intent on doing the right thing by her parents and getting a job in the local bank, despite a natural vocal ability. Yet instincts can only be suppressed for so long, and soon she'd formed a duo called JJ, flirting with chart success after the band was signed to Sony. Following their subsequent departure from the label, Jan was signed as a solo artist to A&M, where she released a handful of singles, including the aforementioned "Calling Your Name", as well as a critically- acclaimed album "Naked But for the Lilies." Which is where BT comes in, which brings us up to the present. Heck, she even featured on his latest club smash "Mercury and Solace".

# 1. Jan on life: "I think I'm a genuine gypsy. Most people couldn't bear to stand on quicksand. I seem to relish getting up to my chin and then crawling out again. I've been floating for years now, and even sold my house to pursue this dream. I know it will happen. You have to fight in life."

# 2. Jan on her music: "It's like Joni Mitchell and George Michael rubbing up against 4 Hero and Ricky Lee Jones." You can't say fairer than that. More info on Jan can be found at www.JanJohnston.com

George Acosta

Ultra Records - UWM Group - Miami, FL

Trance, 2002. The cynics who said the sound of '98 would be gone faster than you could say "speed garage" were wrong. It's still here. Why? Because of DJs like George Acosta, trance's Miami-based boy from the hood proves every time he puts a needle on a record that just what exactly "trance" is these days has changed, as it should. "I listen to a lot of DJs and look up to a lot of them that have been doing this longer than me," he says. In Acosta's hands, trance has grown, learned from the best, and moved forward to find its next level. Maybe it isn't in the same hands-in-the-air anthems or hard, dark floor burners anymore. But it's that same feeling that Acosta gives his crowd every time he plays, even if George takes a little different route to get to that feeling. But he gets there, alright, and his crowds love him for it.

He knows his crowds so well because he's as big a fan as they are of the music. Coming up playing warehouse parties in his native Miami, having a bonafide early '90s club hit (remember Planet Soul?) and owning his own record store (Miami's Grooveman Music) have always put George a little closer to the dancefloor than most jocks. Maybe because, among the other kingpins of the trance scene--the Tauchers, Tallas and Oakenfolds--Acosta has discovered the music like the rest of America, as a fan first, then as a DJ.

It was during his three-year-old residency at Miami's Shadow Lounge that Acosta translated the European trance atmosphere to his native South Beach. He educated Miami's dance crowd to the emotional roller coaster of true.

Update: Nyc Date TBA but I have been told by Vic himself that its happening. :eyespop: :crazy: