Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nick Warren Reckjavik

heres a mini review i did a while back.

disc 1 starts off well, chilled & ambient breaks galore with tracks by substructure and atlas standing out firmly. it gets kinda run-on and looses me in the middle but recovers nicely towards the end with some very cool tracks from planet funk and grey area.

nicks track selection on this disc is pretty good and the mixing is at times is just 'ok', but its mostly just fade ins, as are most ambient cds. towards the end is when it starts getin breaky and leads you out to disc 2. otherwise i have no quarrals with this disc, its fun to chill out to and have a smoke to. if yer a fan of his back to mine compilation(as iam) you will enjoy this cd.

disc 2 now is where nick goes all off. i can loosly describe this cd as uplifiting orgasmic trance & breaks. as disc 1 this cd starts off very well with 2 uplifiting tracks from juan recoba and aural imbalance. but from then on its onto some really weird/annoying trancy tracks by the the likes of vector and rambient. thankfully the cd recovers amongst the last 3 tracks where the orgasmic sounding/almost beautiful at times kinda tracks start comin in.

overall, from a mixing/programmin standpoint, this cd is very mediocre and nothing inspiring (tracks runin out for 12 min wtf), same shit over and over again.but then again nick never makes anything really standoutish. i only ever purchase nicks stuff for his track selections. if you wanna hear some really good chill stuff and a few beautiful tracks i suggest you do go out and buy it. but for the sake of hearin something 'new', sit this one out.

Well, just got through the first CD, and the only thing I have to say about it is that I feel like I've gotten the worst blowjob of my life - totally unsatisfied and actually a bit chafed. I guess the chillout music got old for me after about 20 minutes. That's not to say the music was bad. The tunes were actually really good, but I felt like that feeling you get when you're in a k-hole. You want to get up and leave the chillout room but can't cause your legs won't move.

I don't know if I'm gonna be able to do CD 2.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Well, just got through the first CD, and the only thing I have to say about it is that I feel like I've gotten the worst blowjob of my life - totally unsatisfied and actually a bit chafed.

The worst blowjob is the one YOU are giving.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Well, just got through the first CD, and the only thing I have to say about it is that I feel like I've gotten the worst blowjob of my life - totally unsatisfied and actually a bit chafed. I guess the chillout music got old for me after about 20 minutes. That's not to say the music was bad. The tunes were actually really good, but I felt like that feeling you get when you're in a k-hole. You want to get up and leave the chillout room but can't cause your legs won't move.

I don't know if I'm gonna be able to do CD 2.

as a chill out CD1 it good, but really not as a GU. second cd, after the first 15 min or so i just get bored.