Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space is no comparison to Groove Jet

digital7

I'm tired of reading about the comparison between Groove Jet and Space and all the "A-list DJ's" I think that's all a bunch of crap. There is no way in hell that there is any comparison to the two, As a former Groove Jetter, I love that place with my heart and soul and the best thing was that the club was runned by the music and only the music. The vibe was so great there. People who went to Groove Jet, didn't care about glam or "being important" they went they to listen to the man: Luis Diaz. Plus all the talent that Bliss/Creations/Balance brought in is enough to blow Space out of the water. Vibe is one of the most important elements in a club and Groove Jet had it, without a doubt. So anyone trying to compare the two of them, ya best check ya self. cwm22.gif

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

"It's what you do, when you do it, and how well you do it." --- "Don't let people bring you down, just shrug it off and dick slap them."

I cant believe youve started this mess again!

I'll just say this:

I too enjoyed Groovejet alot...and I agree it had a great vibe...I disagree that the talent Groovejet brought blows away Space though....especially considering Space hasnt even been open for a year yet and already has a pretty impressive record of guests...and also they have already secured some pretty impressive talent as residents..

Groovejet was a very cool intimate venue with great music, a great vibe and great djs.

Space is a massive venue with great sound and lighting, great music (for every taste)great djs, and in my humble opinion, a great vibe (for a place that holds 6000 people)

I agree you cant compare the two..but not because one is better than the other but because you are comparing apples and oranges...to me its like comparing Vinyl and Twilo in NYC..I love them both ,but I dont think you can compare them...

PEACE,

KINGSTREET smile.gif

And I told myself I wouldnt get dragged into this again...as if 55 posts on the last topic werent enough smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Well sorry Kingstreet, the reason why I started it again was becuase I wasn't here for the original postings, I just wanted to put my 0.02 cents worth on the topic. Just remember there's always a first, and that was Groove Jet. Granted that Space has brought in good talent in a short amount of time but I believe Space wouldn't even be bringing in the talent it dose, much less be open for business if Groove hadn't started it first, and you know I'm right. You are right however in the old cliche of "apples and oranges", which ever is irrelevant, but there is one difference, Twilo and Vinyl are obviously open, Groove isn't. The one thing I care about is that Groove Jet had them FIRST, from Seaman to PvD to John Graham and everything in between that place lit it up like a match and will continue burning. this is just my 0.02 cents worth....... peace

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

"It's what you do, when you do it, and how well you do it." --- "Don't let people bring you down, just shrug it off and dick slap them."

I agree...Groovejet was definitely the first club to bring those DJs on a regular basis...they definitely started this whole movement... and I for one think Space is trying to take it to the next level by exposing these DJs to a much larger audience...I'm just glad we get to hear all these guys on a pretty regular basis in a nice venue with a nice sound system..

Its too bad Groovejet faded..we could use a nice intimate club with a great vibe right now..in the midst of all these mega-clubs

PEACE,

KINGSTREET smile.gif

Nightlife Advertising invites you to Crobar for Mardi Gras Party on Friday Feb 23.

OPEN BAR and FREE VIP ADMISSION for our Members Only.

Contact us if you plan to attend this party and we will send you an Invitation for you and your guest.

With the compliments of NIGHTLIFE ADVERTISING Inc.

I am sending you the link to get your invitation. www.nightlifeadvertising.com/crobar/formcrobar.htm

This invitation will allow you to get Free Admission and a wristband

For OPEN BAR.

One Invitation per person so contact us by email to let us know how many you

need or use our Email to Friend Feature and we will send them the invitation

on your behalf.

Archived