Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar G.?!?

mandy007

I've been going to Space on Saturdays for the last couple of weeks and have heard a dj named Oscar G. He is very good, nice house music.Does he play anywhere else? other nights?Anybody have any info on where this guy came from????he's kind of cute too...

thanks-

-mandy-

he's been making house music while u were running around in diapers listening to michael jackson 'thriller'

seriously...he's one of miami's original homegrown house head. he used to frequent 'cheers' back in the day when Tenaglia was resident. same deal with luis diaz...

I still don't understand what kind of housemusic he's playing at Space. I'm getting confused thoughts about it, cos I've heard some really good shit from Murk Boys, Funky Green Dogs, etc., but coming from a club Space, it sounds like it's more progressive...his sound might have changed over time, I don't know! Can someone please educate me!

------------------

http://www.vinylbooth.com

"Progressive ain't progress... and progressive ain't house!" cwm16.gif

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Keep in mind..Space has totally changed it's format on Saturdays...They even call it "House Sessions" ever since Oscar G. is the resident...I go pretty much every Saturday and Oscar is blowing it up!!!

He plays DEEP house..with some tribal and tech-house flavors...he gets a little more progressive late....he plays until 5 or 6 in the blue room then Edgar V. comes in for the afterhours....Oscar actually plays in the red room for afterhours and there he plays some nasty dark shit!!!

HOUSE LIVES!!! smile.gif

KINGSTREET smile.gif

kingstreet-just a question? do you really like his house that much? for some reason i just cant get into it. dont get me wrong, im not talking smack about oscar (he is extremely talented) but i guess im used to dt's house. anyway, i still go to space since its my favorite place down here. maybe ill catch ya there?

Would you believe I still have not been to Space on a Saturday night? I have it on GOOD authority that it IS the best party on Saturday night but I guess I haven't been in town long enough to get around to it. It seems I always get caught up in something else. What's the best time to arrive and what's the cover on Sat.? I'd love to meet up with some regulars.

Stacey, I am also a huge DT fan, and as a matter of fact Oscar G. is one of the few DJs Danny has as a guest at Vinyl on a regular basis and also Danny always has Oscar open up for him when he plays at Space. I think they have different styles but I enjoy them both, and I think they respect and enjoy one anothers' styles as well....Have you heard Oscar in the red room for afterhours?? Check it out, much darker,

might be more what youre looking for smile.gif

PEACE,

KINGSTREET smile.gif

I’ve been a Murk fan since they were known as DSR (Deep South Recordings) back in 90 and still get off on tunes like their timeless underground classic “Mission Control” (This 12” recently sold on ebay for $79.00).

All I can say is that both Oscar G and Ralph Falcon were way ahead of their time here in Miami. And with the same token they get much more respect when they travel then in their own home town.

In 99 I spent August in Ibiza and they were guests @ Pacha for a Fri night (Aug 27, still have the flyer) Ministry of Sound night. You should have seen all the hype they got, Murk T-shirts, Billboards, stickers and all the buzz in San Antonio and Old Ibiza town that week was “oye, los Murk boys van a estar en Pacha el viernes” and I was like, man these Cuban homeboys are a big deal here but in Miami most people are like, Murk who?? Are we really that uneducated? Anyway they blew the frikin roof off Pacha that night, when they shut the music off everyone was in a frenzy.

Oscar G and Ralph Falcon, MURK, are to Miami what David Morales and Louie Vega are to NYC, our own homegrown house music Pioneers. And if you can’t get into one of Oscars sets at Space, then you need to go get your pulse checked. He touches all the bases without getting cheesy, just like Danny only unfortunately he doesn’t have 14 hours to do it in. Call it House, Progressive House, Tec House, Deep House, Deep Progressive Tec House…..Bottom line is.. HE ROCKS THE HOUSE!! and would educate all of the wannabe posers in Miami that think they know a thing or two about HOUSE MUSIC!!!!!

Check out Oscars Last CD ”Smugglers Run” ..Totally deep dark and groovy, yes, even for you Arrakis. It’s a Guidance records compilation and if you know Guidance than you know deep dark and dirty Chicago House at its finest..

Later Cats……….

DT puts you to sleep?

We like him because he is in now?

DT has been DJing for over 20 years, I wouldnt say he is a passing fad. He is among the best DJs in the world...DT ROCKS!!

If you would take your head out of your AC frown.gifSTA-NATI frown.gifN and step out from behind the SHAD frown.gifWs you would realize that what you are in to is what is in now. The passing Miami fad called "German Trance".

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FORMAGGIO!!!!

my prognosis for Trance: 6 months to live frown.gif

my advice: get out before it is too late!!!

HOUSE LIVES!! smile.gif

KINGSTREET

kingstreet, one of these nights i'm gonna have to join you at space for an oscar night. last time i saw him there i was quite captivated by his set in the red room. is the club super packed on saturday nights of late? i got fed up w/ space waiting in the queue for like an hour just cause i showed up w/ 2 males. i was even on the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> . have things finaly changed over there?

Here's a suggestion; instead of calling it the oh-so-original "House Saturdays" @ Space, they should label it "G-Spot Saturdays"... the spot to catch the G-man! cwm16.gif

------------------

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

okay, once again at space saturday night and will admit oscar was amazing... maybe its b/c the vibe was different this time, my mood, etc... but i will give cerdit to the man. anyway, some of you might have taken what i said wrong. first of all, i never claimed to know everything about music and i wouldnt trash anyone who has enough balls to get up there and try to make a crowd move. BUT to say that i or other people only like dt cause he's "now" is completely false. i listened to danny for years even b/4 he became "known" whatever that is supposed to mean... all i know is, i like what i like and just cause one person might not like a particular sound or dj does not make them good or bad... the choice is yours to listen or not...

mcfunk-didnt your mom ever teach you, if you have nothing nice to say that dont say anything at all? zzzzz- you put me to sleep w' those comments... like i said if you dont like it, dont listen. easy at that. with so much talent out there, there is something for everyone. btw: maybe you should review your posts before you hit the enter button. spelling buddy. its all good though...

Mandy> I reckon it's called house music; and it looks like Miami is (finally) opening its eyes...

------------------

Archived