Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Peace in the middle east??

Well this board seems to be caught up in the whole search for W.M.D.s etc. I however really do not think this is important anymore. The U.S. freed the Iraqi people, and now it is apparent that the Iraqi peope do not want the U.S. there. Further I personally do not see the possibility of a Democracy existing there. I think Iranian influence will be much more prevalent and the Iraqi Shi'ites already appear to be a much more powerful political force then the U.S. planned for. What are your thoughts??

Originally posted by starvingartist

Well this board seems to be caught up in the whole search for W.M.D.s etc. I however really do not think this is important anymore. The U.S. freed the Iraqi people, and now it is apparent that the Iraqi peope do not want the U.S. there. Further I personally do not see the possibility of a Democracy existing there. I think Iranian influence will be much more prevalent and the Iraqi Shi'ites already appear to be a much more powerful political force then the U.S. planned for. What are your thoughts??

The future government will have to represented by all the diffrent ethnic groups in the country.. The shite muslims that are outspoken about the american presence are directly influnced by the anti-reform clerics in Iran so have to beleive that the entire country does not feel this way... Iraq existing as a muslim state will not happen just because theye are more shites in the country there has to be a balance of representation in the federal government of Iraq a series of checks and balances so one group can't oppress the other group. I hope it will pan out but people have to realise that it won't happen over night...