Clubplanet Nightlife Community

interior designers i need some help...

dgmodel

dg.. well a bunch of things...

1 - you must be one of the only people on here doing well for yourself now!! =) LOL!!

2- Is this an apartment or condo?? B/C if an apartment this is a LOT of money and time to put into something you don't own.. OK now back to the real questions..

3- The brick.. The fake brick things are bad.. I know people who have them and they do not have that same feeling... or real feeling as real brick... Plus for how much they fuck up the wall its worth to do real brik

4- Real brick is good.. but BIG investment.. lots of monety lots of time to install Plus you have to figure out way to get HUNDREDS of pounds to your apatment and if you have to ever remove a lot to get rid of.. BUT with the bricks.. you can alter them so they stick out randomly along the wall to put tealights in glass containers.. LOOKS GREAT

5 - OK the floor.. the sanders are not that hard.. gotta get one and get three different grits... One that strips floor then two after that to help smooth it out.. also need small one to do edges and corners.. after that that.. Floor must be cleaned fully then buffed.. after buff .. you can take .. it almost looks like a sqeegue... and stain the floor whatever color you like.. dry sand and little more stain.. the dry stain buff and cover with a sealer.. that will give finished look and help protect floor from stains and problems.. its a lot of info I know!!! later

g'damn all i keep hearing is how difficult and expensive this is going to be... but i have to do it... see the exterior of the apartment is the exact color brick i want to use on the interior however im not sure if the brick is brick on the inside or veneer... or if i can remove the wall thats currently there and just leave the brick out if possible... save a lot of time and money... secondly ive been told that if i dont feel like doing this myself that there are jobbers by roosevelt avenue that do great work for a really affordable price...so maybe ill go that route... and just do the painting and decorations myself and leave the construction and floors to them... who knows... however i greatly appreciate your advice and help... damn... damn damn...

• 3 weeks later...

mouldings for where the ceiling meets the wall... can i buy them at home depot??? or do i have to go to a specialty store??? more importantly mounting these are as simple as nailing a nail in correct??? as for painting them would you paint them wall color ceiling color or introduce a new color???

• 3 weeks later...

i got a price quote for two rooms, them pulling up the carpets and tacks, along with sanding and refinishing $350, if i want them to stain they will charge me an extra $125... i figure ill go that route... as for the bricks.. its seems to be the color and style i want has been discontinued by several companies... (believe me i wen to a lot of places...) the only way i can do it is if i by actual exterior brick and do it... however my quest is not over yet... at this point im only finished with the painting, went with a deep beige, (like beige suede color) with tate olive accents... olive curtains... havent gotten to far along yet... :( however things are coming along... thanks for the help before and the concern... hows things with you???