Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubs in Tampa..

kaligirl

Originally posted by kaligirl

I thought somone already posted this but I could not find it.

I am going to Tampa in 2 weeks. Are there any clubs worth going to?

Any help would be great. :)

Ybor city.I'm pretty sure that's where the action is at night.

I've only been there once though. Every time I go to Tampa I just end up bumming around at grannies house and the beach. I miss Tampa :(

-iliana

:cool:

Originally posted by iliana

Ybor city.I'm pretty sure that's where the action is at night.

I've only been there once though. Every time I go to Tampa I just end up bumming around at grannies house and the beach. I miss Tampa :(

-iliana

:cool:

Thanks I'll have to check that out. With all this shitty weather we have been having I can't wait to hit the beach.:)

ybor. thats pretty much it. orlando is a 45 minute drive from there. beach in clearwater is pretty nice. i know some of balance promote dj's spin in tampa regularly.

empire, the rubb and i dont know what else. havent been to tampa in 4 years, vere since i finished school. brickhouse might know, he also went to school there.

There are a few decent clubs downtown as well, but it depends on what you're looking for. Factory is a really nice club, but (when I used to live there a few years back) it was hip-hop one night and gay night the other on the weekends.

If you're there on a Thursday, go early, hit up Masquerades or Empire for $5 all you can drink, get shitfaced, then go to Prana or Amphitheatre or some other better club.

Just a warning however: If you're looking for house music, you won't find it. All the clubs are either hip-hop or Fl Breaks...

It's just like others have said - Ybor is extremely cheesy when compared to Miami or New York.

I'm sorry to tell you, but it's very VERY rare for a Balance Promote DJ to stop by in Tampa, but Three has started a monthly again at the Hyde Park Cafe (which is not in Ybor) on Sat nights, and that's also where Jask has a residency.

On occasion there's a good Friday night party at Twilight (what was once the Rubb, then Fun) in Ybor City, but definitely check in advance.

On the weekends there's a few bars that play nice house music in Ybor, but most clubs opt to play either Hip Hop, or a very regional sounding Funky Breakbeat sound (with a lot of bootlegs and bad remixes to Hous/Trance anthems).

Thursday night you might wanna try the Xchange in Downtown St. Petersburg.

Prana has a "Dance" room, but the people that go there are extremely clueless when it comes to music. Good pickup spot though, but that club is just all about hype really. The Amphitheater usually ain't that much better, and rarely delivers anything truly worthwhile.

Orlando usually has the better scne in Central Florida. Nick Warren will be there in Mid May at a club called Icon (which on most nights now is also very cheesy)

Almost all the Hip Hop clubs in Ybor ust focus on the big radio Hip Hop hits, though DJ Fader usually tries to play a decent set Saturday night at the Masquerades.

Sorry if the selection ain't too big, but I figured it's best if you know this in advance right ?:)

Originally posted by CHRles

Almost all the Hip Hop clubs in Ybor ust focus on the big radio Hip Hop hits, though DJ Fader usually tries to play a decent set Saturday night at the Masquerades.

Sorry if the selection ain't too big, but I figured it's best if you know this in advance right ?:)

So true. Thanks for the help! ;)

Originally posted by kaligirl

Dosen't sound like to much of a selection.:( Is there at least any decent hip hop clubs??

LOL! Actually, no there isn't. My advice to you is buy a case of corona, bottle of cuervo, and go bum around on the beach. Maybe you shold hit a few college bars around the University of South Florida. Other than that, Tampa is just for relaxation and shopping at Eckerds.

-iliana

:)

LOL! Actually, no there isn't. My advice to you is buy a case of corona, bottle of cuervo, and go bum around on the beach. Maybe you shold hit a few college bars around the University of South Florida. Other than that, Tampa is just for relaxation and shopping at Eckerds.

-iliana

Shit, sounds good to me! I am so ready to get the hell outta NY for awhile.

-iliana

oops. dp

-iliana

like hooters, there used to be a hooters right across the street from the school of medicine and the college of public health...we did our student meetings there, since we could study anatomy up close and personal there. :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by nifer

just got an email from hyde park cafe...

saturday, 10 may josh wink will be guest DJing

:D

i guess your all set. have fun, hyde park is a nice area to hang out on the weekends. there is also good cuban and colombian food in tampa.