Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar G in Philly Mar-3, What can I expect?

africanjap

Hello Miami, I wish to be their for your beautiful weather. I just curious, you have Club-Space resident DJ Oscar G. He will be DJ here in Philadelphia this weekend at club called "TRANSIT" Saturday Mar-3.

He play their often but have never heard him their cause just move here from San Francisco. Can anybody tell me what can expect now?

I have Oscar G/Murk CD compilation mix, it called "Miami Deep" Mixmag give CD 5 star when release in 97, great mix of House music. I play CD many times for all friends we together before we club. Does he sound like CD Miami Deep? I also here him live one time at club Universe in SF, but was many years ago, he might playing different today.

Thank you, and hope be their for WMC2001.

Yugi

sorry for bad english..

What’s up Yuji, so are you freezin your buns off up in Philly?

Oscars style hasn’t changed much, he’s still true to House and his roots (unlike some other bandwagon jumpers here in Miami) It just depends on his crowd , For example he pumps the Space crowd hard on Saturdays and we eat it up, but I’ve also heard him at Vinyl as Danny’s guest where his sets are a bit darker, I actually think in a place like Philly he’ll probably stick with a dark set. Either way I’m sure you’ll need a good foot massage on Sunday.

I know I won’t cause it looks like I’ll be resting this Sat, (or maybe at Crobar). Ain’t now way no how I’ll submit myself to a guido catering JP set at Fuel ..Eeeeeeeeeeech..

Peace..

Yo by the way, your English isn’t that bad, you should try asking for directions while lost in Hialeah….

and.. “africanjap”..huh?

Looking forward to Sat, sure I will enjoy much good dark house from Oscar G!!!

You ask “africanjap” huh??

I from Okinawa Japan, my father African American in military, met mother (from Tokyo) . They divorce when I 2 years, I stay in Japan with mother, he move back to states. Then I move to states at 24, five years ago.

I “africanjap”

May you have peace also..

Urei-1620 ,

I no come to board with insult to you, I respect, why you insult to me.

You want story of yellow, put in computer search…YELLOW TOKYO..you get plenty story..

Wish most Miami people not dishonor another like you.

Yo Africanjap sorry if you took my previous comment personally, I didn't mean to insult you.. I was just messin whitcha. Seriously, I apologize for the comment.

I myself am half Irish/Italian and half Colombian..

So are you a househead?

Urei-1620, africanjap accept apology.

Yes I listen mostly House and Garage music. Is most popular club music in Japan. Next is trance but for younger person. When they older they not like trance much. Trance ok but only few song, then same and no feel, no need dance.

What type music most popular Miami club?

I go to Miami one time for W Music conference 99. Most enjoy DJ Danny Tenaglia, no remember club name, very small. Also enjoy DJ Pete Heller on Sunday afternoon hotel pool he play big love first time, it start rain while song grow, much emotion for me.

Are you gonna make it for this years conference?

Cause if you are, your going to be blown away when you here Danny at Space on Monday night..The small club you heard him at in 99 was called Groove Jet, its no longer their..

Tell you what, I get Y&T passes for Dannys event and I'll hook you up for that night if you'd like, check your PM.

Oh and the poolside shindig you heard Pete Heller at was at the Delano Hotel, I was their too and definitely remember Petes Set..Amazing.Too bad the rain killed it.

[This message has been edited by urei-1620 (edited 03-02-2001).]

Greetings to Miami people, want to tell of Oscar G experience here in Philadelphia on Sat Mar-3 at club Transit.

I and friends not stop dancing for all night. He play music never heard. He mix, I no tell, perfect. No have one moment of bad vibe, I dance more than when go to Body and Soul past Sunday.

Wish to be at Space club in Miami for hear more of DJ Oscar G. Much envy to Miami people for having most talent in DJs.

Do most Miami DJs much talent as Oscar G? Very much looking to be their for WMC in 2 weeks..

Best Regards

Yuji (africanjap)

Happy you enjoyed Oscar G. Oscar G is da man !! Miami has plenty of great dj talent. Eddie X, David Padilla, EdgarV, George Acosta, etc. They all have a unique style; which makes things very interesting…. A little something for everyone…

Peace,

Sobeton

cwm32.gif

Well I attended Transit for Oscar G. and it was freaking SICK!!!! That man ripped it up it was great!!!! The music was unbelieveable, his mixing was great, the vibe was fabulous!!!! Thumbs up to Oscar G. CAn't wait to hear him in SoBe in 2 1/2 weeks!! biggrin.gif

Archived