Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Florida Resident.

v0id0r0s0

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by v0id0r0s0

How long does it take to become a Florida resident? I hear from everyone 1 year but i just want to make sure...

the cubans show up and become residents in 24 hours...

but if you are asking about school, good luck in NC 90% of the people never pulled off resdiency all during school...

Ive decided i want to move to Miami after attenting a semester at FIU. The reason i want to know how long it takes to become a resident is so i can take advantage of the in-state tuition prices. They nearly half of out-of state tuition prices.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by v0id0r0s0

Ive decided i want to move to Miami after attenting a semester at FIU. The reason i want to know how long it takes to become a resident is so i can take advantage of the in-state tuition prices. They nearly half of out-of state tuition prices.

YOU ARE GONNA NEED A MIRACLE TO PULL IT OFF, BUT THERE IS LAWYERS WHO ONLy do that type of stuff, but its not a 2 week process...

it takes 12 months to get a declaration of domicile. unless you have a relative, who can verify that you lived with them for 5 years. the state university system is very strict in this regard. I would suggest if you ,have not already done so. get a florida drivers license, automobile registration, and a voters registration card. your 12 month period will start ,at the date the first one of these documents is obtained. hope this helps. :)

I thought it was 180 days. My parents live in Jupiter 1/2 the year and Vermont the other half. There were going to try to prove Florida residency in order to save money from Vermont income tax. I could have been mistaken though since I really wasn't paying attention when my step father told me.