Clubplanet Nightlife Community

club blue?

manousos

Blue is a smaller venue - narrow - not sure of the overall capacity - it gets comfortabley crowded...dress code - well it's more relaxed than any other place in miami - dress comfortable - i'd avoid the jeans/sneakers route...vibe is fantastic - wait - go here for some pix - this is one of the resident dj's websites...

http://velvetcouch.com/

------------------

--"My loathings are simple; stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." V. Nabokov

Lloyd's a crap DJ... poor mixing, overuse of the same accapella, and poor track selection. Saying he's the "hottest house DJ" in Miami at the moment is certainly no compliment! Actually, I can think of many who are more talented than he; Oscar G, Sean Rudnick, Louis Bendetti, etc.

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Arrakis, I don't know if I'd go as far as saying lloyd is crap?

He is actually pretty good if you enjoy happy cha cha house..

And as for his mixing, man have you ever been in that booth?

The system is made up of mostly cheap mobil dj shit(gemini, numark, etc)anybody would have a hard time mixing with that crap..

Lloyd Alvarez, who is the resident at Blue on Saturday nights has to be the hottest house dj in Miami. I would definately check him out. The dress code is the most lenient on the beach, but it is small and does get filled to capacity pretty fast...I'd suggest showing up before midnight or after 2 to ensure your entrance. Definatley check out Lloyd's site at www.velvetcouch.com ..he's amazing.

Urei> Point taken; yeah, maybe I was a bit harsh... but to say he's one of the "hottest house DJs on the Beach" at the moment is quite a stretch.

------------------

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

suprise suprise arakis giving yet another dj a load of crap....to be soooo critical you must be one hell of a DJ where can I catch your set mate coz I am dying to see the DJ that sees fit to destroy every other DJ out there

Garf

Hmm; Garfield - do I have to be a DJ to criticize trend-followers like yourself? Or perhaps simply a person passionate and knowledgable about music... looks like if you want to be the "big-name" DJ you're trying so hard to attain, you better learn to take a little criticism!

------------------

Archived