Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jets Jets Jets

I'm a big fan of the move Bradway made by trading 13 and 22 to moving up to 4 getting Dewayne Robertson!!!!!

I think Robertson is going to be a nasty player!!

An old friend of mine who I played HS football with also got drafted by the Jets ,in the 7th round(just made it) Dave Yovanovits a guard from Temple, I'm really happy for him!!!

I can't wait for the season to start, Jets are taking it all this year

From CNNSI:

I think when I'm asked about the Jets' draft, I'm going to have some very serious questions. For Kentucky tackle Dewayne Robertson, New York traded, in effect, Laveranues Coles, a first-round pick and a fourth-round pick. And, according to a story in Sunday's Newark Star-Ledger, the Jets were prepared to deal their second-rounder to Detroit as well, if that's what it took to get Robertson. Turns out they didn't have to. But the fact that they were willing to trade four of their top five picks tells me they thought Robertson must have been one of the best defensive players to enter the NFL in years. My question: Is he? Time will tell, and I'm not a big watcher of college football at all. But this is a guy whose name isn't Dewayne Robertson anymore; it's The Next Warren Sapp. Sapp had 10.5 sacks in his final season at the best college program in the country at the time, Miami, in 1994. Robertson had 10.5 sacks in his 32-game career at a mediocre Division I school, Kentucky. I hope this kid can take pressure, because if he gets blocked by one linemen with any consistency as a pro, New York fans will boo the kid worse than they're booing Armando Benitez right now. And if you wonder how bad they're giving it to Benitez, imagine you're standing on the busiest runway at O'Hare this afternoon about 5 o'clock, with no earplugs. That's what Robertson can look forward to if he's not, at the very least, Cortez Kennedy.