Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Typical Promoter Bullshit Story

Back in October a friend mentioned her promoter-friend was looking for a DJ for his holloween party. I followed up and we clicked right off the bat regarding what was needed and what I could provide. All that being said and done when it came down to money there was a difference in views. For 5 hours, in CT, full sound system including wireless mic, I ended up doing it for $150 as a favor to my friend, & as a good faith gesture as this promoter was telling of all the industry people who were going to be there to meet, hand out CD's and I'm sure you've heard this story before.

The night comes: I literally tore the place apart. From beat 1 to the last I had that place under my control. So much so 1 DJ opted to NOT go on, and the other kept handing me back the tables praising me. In 14 years THIS party was the best I've ever played. Absolute perfection. The promoter himself came up to me just 1 hour into the party, dropped his jaw and told me that I was "fucking amazing" and how everyone was coming up to him asking who I was, Not to mention how in awe he was when it was all finished. Afterwards people even stopped me in the street and at a diner asking if I was the DJ that night.

He called me last week regarding a booze cruise in May. Again citing all the wonderful benefits of doing this party for him. I told him that I did him the favor last time, proved what I can do and actually recieved nothing out of last time as far as promotions and that this time I must be paid. (And I still only quoted him $500)

I just heard from my friend they found someone for free.

Originally posted by apotheosis

Back in October a friend mentioned her promoter-friend was looking for a DJ for his holloween party. I followed up and we clicked right off the bat regarding what was needed and what I could provide. All that being said and done when it came down to money there was a difference in views. For 5 hours, in CT, full sound system including wireless mic, I ended up doing it for $150 as a favor to my friend, & as a good faith gesture as this promoter was telling of all the industry people who were going to be there to meet, hand out CD's and I'm sure you've heard this story before.

The night comes: I literally tore the place apart. From beat 1 to the last I had that place under my control. So much so 1 DJ opted to NOT go on, and the other kept handing me back the tables praising me. In 14 years THIS party was the best I've ever played. Absolute perfection. The promoter himself came up to me just 1 hour into the party, dropped his jaw and told me that I was "fucking amazing" and how everyone was coming up to him asking who I was, Not to mention how in awe he was when it was all finished. Afterwards people even stopped me in the street and at a diner asking if I was the DJ that night.

He called me last week regarding a booze cruise in May. Again citing all the wonderful benefits of doing this party for him. I told him that I did him the favor last time, proved what I can do and actually recieved nothing out of last time as far as promotions and that this time I must be paid. (And I still only quoted him $500)

sometimes u just can't do favors for people. They walk all over u every time after that.

Originally posted by simonvanity

takes alot of coutrage talking ish about some1 u dont know nor ever met....nor even know the real truth....but I forgot....talking shit behind a computer takes alot of balls

Everyone knows Simon Vanity I thought. You drolled on some of my friends before at SF when you were fucked up. what else is new with you.

They all want a comp

But they don't know whats a comp

They just pay

Go away

Just say Vanity

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Everyone knows Simon Vanity I thought. You drolled on some of my friends before at SF when you were fucked up. what else is new with you.

They all want a comp

But they don't know whats a comp

They just pay

Go away

Just say Vanity

:laugh: :laugh: various sources of mine spotted super promoter VANITY at SF 2 weeks after he got arrested and got thrown out for guess what DRUGS, fucking clown doesnt learn. then again if i knew i was goin away for some time id be getting wrecked 24-7 too :laugh:

Originally posted by wakeup

:laugh: :laugh: various sources of mine spotted super promoter VANITY at SF 2 weeks after he got arrested and got thrown out for guess what DRUGS, fucking clown doesnt learn. then again if i knew i was goin away for some time id be getting wrecked 24-7 too :laugh:

I heard the same.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by apotheosis

Hey... you better tell me if you play in CT again. I want to go.