Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help!!!

Cessy

ok now i have another question about a something different, i need advice actually. recently i was able to get my laptop to "work" again. its about 2 yrs old. it starting acting up when i had upgraded to aol 6.0 or 7.0 ( i forgot) and it turned out that i guess that verison of aol did that to some types of laptops. i didn't use it much after that cause whenever i turned it on it made loud piercing sounds and would just go nuts on me, anyway my question is now it kinda works, sometimes when i am aol 4.0 ( i had the 6/7.0 uninstalled) it goes nuts on me the PEOPLE section starts showing and it makes noises and i have to turn it off but everytime i do turn my laptop on i always have problems then it works... QUESTION: i wanna upgrade this crappy 4.0 to the 8.0 but i am afraid i'll really mess up the laptop. should i try and upgrade and take a chance or just leave it???:confused:

Originally posted by cessy

ok now i have another question about a something different, i need advice actually. recently i was able to get my laptop to "work" again. its about 2 yrs old. it starting acting up when i had upgraded to aol 6.0 or 7.0 ( i forgot) and it turned out that i guess that verison of aol did that to some types of laptops. i didn't use it much after that cause whenever i turned it on it made loud piercing sounds and would just go nuts on me, anyway my question is now it kinda works, sometimes when i am aol 4.0 ( i had the 6/7.0 uninstalled) it goes nuts on me the PEOPLE section starts showing and it makes noises and i have to turn it off but everytime i do turn my laptop on i always have problems then it works... QUESTION: i wanna upgrade this crappy 4.0 to the 8.0 but i am afraid i'll really mess up the laptop. should i try and upgrade and take a chance or just leave it???:confused:

Being that the lap top is 2 years old you may nbt have enough RAM in it to run the newer versions of aol...

Other than that I am really not to sure... I am usually only good with things that are staring me in the face...

Originally posted by cessy

how can i find out how much ram i have on it? and if i did would u be able to rell me if 8.0 would run?

Go into Start then Programs then Accessories then System tools then system Info. And click on where it says memory...

You may have enough to run it. But when you start running sites like CP and shit like that. It eats up alot of memory... :(