Clubplanet Nightlife Community

david padilla at salvation!!!!!

x-t-c

just got this info from a very good source..

starting march 2, david padilla along with dj george alvarado and two other well known dj's are going to be starting "TUNE" at salvation...

they are gonna try to give space some competition, but im not so sure this is gonna work.....

------------------

straigtlight.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, there seems to be some kind of confusion I want to clear up. It's David Alvarado and Josh Winx that team up together at Twilo (NYC) on Saturday nights. George Alvarado was the creator of the "Midnight Laboratory" that was airing on Power 96. I believe that show is no longer on the air. David originally hails from the west coast and from my understanding is not related to each other, just wanted to clear it up.

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

"It's what you do, when you do it, and how well you do it."

the show is still running...itz called the late nite labratory and it usually runs from 2-4 a.m on power 96, the only time i ever listen to the station...for those who have not heard it, give it a listen and i guarantee you wont regret it...

------------------

straigtlight.gif

Wow, George Alvarado, I remember when he used to play at Egoiste' on 4th and Collins . He really kicks ass on those power 96 shows..And he also is resident at 609 in the grove, and occasionally does guest spots at Alcazaba in the Gables when they have the Power 96 hot body contest..He knows how to mix it up really well too, he's great at various types of popular music and is great at reading crowds too. Looking forward to hearing some good Power 96 Trance alongside Padillas Trance sessions, they'll go together really well..

Does anyone know if "TUNE" will be broadcast live on Power 96?

David Alvarado can't compare, he's just some old underground House DJ from LA with a global following, that mostly plays way too pumpin deep house vibes that nobody can recognize or sing along to, kinda like that guy Joshua Wink.

D> How can you confuse the two?? I guess senility comes with age... wink.gif

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

it starts march 2nd, tatgirl...

the updated dj line-up is as follows:

dj david padilla(grooveman music), dj george alvarado(music world, late nite laboratory), dj ariel baund(shadow lounge)....

every friday at TUNE (formerly known as Salvation) starting march 2nd....

------------------

laser_show.gif

I used to hear David Padilla spin at the Warsaw back in the early 90s. Those were some FIERCELY WILD parties back then. I mean WILD!!!!! Also, David could really do some damage on the turn tables back then. I haven't heard him spin in a few years because I've been away at school. He was spinning house back then, I hear he's turned to trance these days (which is cool as long as it's not being played on Power 96). I'd love to go check him out and say hello. Is he still cool? You know, popularity can change people.

"he isn't that personable." That is interesting; I met David for the first time at Fuel, and he was quite friendly. David is very much a people’s DJ; he “feeds” off the vibe of the crowd. I can remember people including myself going crazy; when he spun at The Mix. The most recent time ;I heard him at Fuel; people were standing in front of the booth giving him “props”. Popularity has not changed him; he is still a humble person; who appreciates and acknowledges his fans….

BTW David will be spinning, on Fridays only at Fuel for after-hours. This is in addition to the new nite at Salvation called "Tune" starting March 2nd. I hope people will give him some support………..

Peace,

Sobeton

cwm32.gif

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 02-22-2001).]

We he was never extremely friendly before either. He was dating someone I was very close to for a couple of years so I know first hand. Even in a personal setting like his home he wasn't exactly, outgoing. That was about four years ago, however. He could be different now.

He has his ups and downs I've noticed.

The first time I met him, he was the nicest person, the second time I met him he was a dork, the third time I ran into him he nearly killed me with a bear hug hello...

Recently with his popularity he seems a bit standoffish but oh well, I really don't know him though so I can't pass judgement...

Bbflux > I believe your previous post stated “is he still cool ?”. One would assume from that statement; that you had previously met Padilla, and found him to be a cool person. Yet, you post again and state "he was never extremely friendly before either". Quite a contradiction; I would say. Since your only posts on this board have been in relation to Padilla. I am guessing you have some unresolved personal issues with Padilla. My hope is that you do not take this as a “flame”; as it is simply an observation on my part.

Yes, I admit I am a very big fan of Padilla’s. From his days at Warsaw; to what I consider to be the pinnacle of his success The Mix. Padilla has been a part of the Miami Dance music scene for over ten years. You do not achieve the success, popularity; and longevity he has by being "unfriendly". Personally, I appreciate what Padilla puts forth… Padilla’s new gigs at "Tune" and Fuel after-hours will be a welcome addition to the scene.

Peace,

Sobeton

cwm32.gif

Who cares what David Padilla is like on a personal level?

The point is he is one of Miami's premier DJs and I for one am glad to see him with a residency again...

I hope this one works!

FUEL: these people have to make up their minds...one week its one thing the next week its another...the problem is it's getting to that point where nobody even cares anymore..

I know I don't....if I'm in downtown its Space for me...Its the sure thing.. I'll definitely be at Salvation next Friday for Padilla's new party....I'm not too sure about George Alvarado though frown.gif

power96= EEEEEKK!!!! frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

KINGSTREET smile.gif

Kingstreet > I agree with your statement bro. Curious to see what George Alvarado throws down when he is spinning live. His association with Power 96 could be a blessing; or a curse. We will see next week….

Peace,

Sobeton

cwm32.gif

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 02-23-2001).]

look,,,im i real good friend of george alvarado's, and if you've ever heard his shows on saturday nites from 2-4 am, you know what his style is all about...

i guarantee you he wont be playing any of that cheesy power 96 trance tunes that they play in the daytime..

give him a chance and you guys will be surprised at what a great dj he his...

------------------

laser_show.gif

Archived