Clubplanet Nightlife Community

david padilla at salvation!!!!!

x-t-c

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

macfunk, "Miami is a Trance City" maybe for you wac, wannabe, poser, pastillero, newbie, 22 year old clubbers. But don't worry you'll grow out of it eventually, just like most of you have grown out of your glowstix and pacifiers.....

HOUSE RULES THE TRUE UNDERGROUND THEN, NOW AND FOREVER!!!!

DEAL WITH IT AND LEARN.....

Nolimit > Yes, trance is rather popular in Miami. However to say it’s cheese; sounds a little bias. “Why aren't they as receptive to new or different styles since then?”; again more generalizing. Perhaps you should go to crobar; on a Friday nite and hear Eddie X Spinning some serious progressive house and trance. Then go to Space on Saturday; and here Oscar G throw down some earth shaking progressive house. Then observe the people dancing their A**’s off. Then come back and tell me Miami is not receptive to different styles. Might I add although you continually call George Acosta’s music Cheesy trance. The man can still send a crowd into a frenzy. He does this not only at Shadow lounge; but also all over the world; including NYC.

“HOUSE RULES THE TRUE UNDERGROUND THEN, NOW AND FOREVER!!!!”, oh please. Good music rules the true underground. Trance, House, Disco; who cares if it makes you move your feet; that is all that matters..

Free your mind; it’s about the music…………….

Peace,

Sobeton

cwm36.gif

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 02-25-2001).]

trance/house/techno/jungle/breaks/drum&bass/ progressive...whatever...its all music, its all art and its listened to by people around the world..music unifies..when you begin to tell people that the kind of music that they like sucks..you have completely and absolutely lost the point....

oh no, this again...

miami is really known as a trance city. it's also known as home of the cheese.

i ask this... why is it that when trance exploded, miami was very receptive to this new sound. why aren't they as receptive to new or different styles since then?

C'mon everyone; GIVE TRANCE A CHANCE!

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

whats wrong w' trance? i happen to love it. im sorry, is it not cool to listen to it now? whatever.... who cares if its in or not... one year/s its house, the next its trance-it all comes around-they build on each other... if you dont like it, dont listen. simple as that....

Macfunk> I love you, brother... PLUR!

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

hold up a sec. where on this thread did i mention George Acosta?? why are u putting words in my mouth sobeton?

sure, i got the point kingstreet. good music is good music. cheez is still CHEESE!

im just repeating what is being told to me. my friends come up here and give me the scoop on the scene down there. most of the big clubs are still on that trance tip. trance is fine by all means as long as it stays away from the synths, drum rolls, and cheesy vocals. we all know what it sounds like. just flip it on power 96 and you'll see what im talking about.

i hate to say it but ANY dj who plays 'alice deejay' in their set is cheesy. there's no need for that...

Nolimit>" where on this thread did i mention George Acosta?? why are u putting words in my mouth sobeton? ". If you read my thread would see I said " you continually call George Acosta’s music Cheesy". No, you did not mention it in this particular thread, hence my wording "continually". That is referring to your pervious postings with reference to George Acosta. "cheez is still CHEESE!" , and ignorance is ignorance. "i hate to say it but ANY dj who plays 'alice deejay' in their set is cheesy. there's no need for that... " If a dj chooses to work alice dejay into their set; that is their proactive. Because a song is popular, does that make it cheesy? "trance is fine by all means as long as it stays away from the synths, drum rolls, and cheesy vocals".You must be joking; this has be the most ridiculous statement you have made thus far. "my friends come up here and give me the scoop on the scene down there ", and is this how you concluded that most of the clubs down here are on the trance tip? other people help you form your opinions; that is intriguing.

Listen my friend you are missing the essence of my previous post; so let me say again. Trance, House, Disco; who cares if it makes you move your feet; that is all that matters.. Stop labeling, and free your mind; it’s about the music…………….

Peace,

Sobeton

cwm1.gif

macfunk... that was a good one... lol!

trust me guy, i have a life. a rather good one at that. thanks for asking.

i would be most delighted to argue my points to any of u in person. i'll leave it at that.

oh, and PLUR!

btw, i'll be in miami during the conference. can't wait to meet u guys in person... im the short fat guy... remember that...

nolimit>>besides all the negative things being said..one would think that you would base your opinions on what you have experienced, not what you have heard from your friends...I find it interesting that you sarcastically post "PLUR" and then make a suggestion to meet in person while you are down for the music conference..this is about music..not making off handed threats..PLUR..I believe in that.. maybe if I didnt, I would take you up on your offer to meet in person..I'll be the 6'4, 225lb ex professional wrestler..PLUR..

don't take this the wrong way, by no means did i mean to threaten anyone.

it's all good.

gotta hit the gym. i need to lose all of this fat i have got going here...

1561 posts isn't too much considering i was on this board since nov 98. u should some of the cats on the ny board. they've been on for a few months and they already have 2,000 posts. a lot of my posts are generated mostly from <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest lists</A> , upcoming events, or music reviews/discussions.

see u peeps in a few weeks...

Archived