Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help! Need Info on San Diego

nyc2la

Sup everyone -

I'm planning on taking my girl to San Diego for our 1 year anniversary:eek: :D Where are some great places to dine and party at? ie. restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. I heard the best place to be is the Gaslamp district ... whats the deal with that area and whats fun? Know of any places moderately priced to stay at? Since I have only 2 days what should I not miss?

Any info is much appreciated!:)

http://www.sdreader.com/ed/rr/restcaps.html

check out this website...

what kind of places...certain cuisines?

some places i myself like:

Aladdin Mediterranean

1220 Cleveland Ave

San Diego , CA 92103

Phone: (619) 574-1111

Cuisine: Mediterranean (awesome food...nice people...)

Bella Luna

748 5th Ave

San Diego , CA 92101

Phone: (619) 239-3222

Cuisine: Italian (kinda pricey but not too bad...)

Broken Yolk Cafe

1851 Garnet (@ Lemont)

San Diego , CA 92109

Phone: (619) 270-9655

Cuisine: American (ESPECIALLY good for sunday morning breakfast! but get there early, a lot of people line up then to get in...)

Bronx Pizza

111 Washington St.

San Diego , CA 92103

Phone: (619) 291-3341

Cuisine: Pizza (AWESOME pizza!)

Café Japengo

8960 University Center Lane

San Diego , CA 92122

Phone: (858) 450-3355

Cuisine: Pacific Rim , Sushi (kinda pricey, but supposedly one of the big single hot spots in san diego now...interesting crowd...)

Cafe Sevilla

555 4th Avenue

San Diego , CA 92101

Phone: (619) 233-5979

Cuisine: Mediterranean , Bar (this place is nice...they have day shows with flamenco dancing and dinner for around $36...so don't know...or you might want to check out their club, it's not too bad..they have two different floors...cool crowd...good mix...)

Daphne's Greek Cafe

5500 Campanile Dr (@ Aztec Cntr/SDSU8)

San Diego , CA 92182

Phone: (619) 286-0097

Cuisine: Greek (pretty good fast food style greek cuisine...there is also one in mira mesa if you go there...)

Fairouz Cafe & Deli

3166 Midway Dr Ste 102

San Diego , CA 92110

Phone: (619) 225-0308

Cuisine: Middle Eastern (this place is AMAZING!!!my new favorite place...they have an amazing buffet for lunch or dinner and it's decorated with amazing painters by the owner himself...it's family owned and they are pretty nice people...:aright: )

Godfather Restaurant the

7878 Clairemont Mesa Blvd

San Diego , CA 92111

Phone: (619) 560-1747 (my favorite italian place in san diego. they have the best italian food. and the place is beautifully decorated with stuff from the godfather movies...the maitre'd is pretty nice and for some reason always gives me a great table :tongue: you'll pay around 20-30 dollars for dinner, but it is definitely worth it.)

Karinya

825 Garnet Ave

San Diego , CA 92109

Phone: (858) 270-5050

Cuisine: Thai (this place is one of the best thai places in san diego...and the hostess is a really cute tiny old thai woman who runs around...their food is great...get the red bean ice cream also...around 30-35$)

Khyber Pass Afghan

523 University Ave

San Diego , CA 92103

Phone: (619) 294-7579

Cuisine: Afghani , Middle Eastern (i've heard from friends it's very good food...)

Living Room Coffeehouse, The

1417 University Ave

San Diego , CA 92103

Phone: (619) 295-7911 (this is the most cutest place to go to for coffee after whatever...there is one also on prospect street in la jolla...)

Mimi's Cafe

10788 Westview Pkwy

San Diego , CA 92126

Phone: (858) 566-6667

Cuisine: American (not too bad...this one is close to where i live...:D)

Moondoggies

832 Garnet Ave.

San Diego , CA 92109

Phone: (858) 483-6550

Cuisine: American (not too bad, it's got a nice outside area with heated lamps...good food...$2 specials on tuesdays or thursdays..but the crowd is pretty stale...mainly midwestern white college prep boy crowd (no offense))

Ole Madrid Cafe

755 5th Ave

San Diego , CA 92101

Phone: (619) 557-0146

Cuisine: Spanish (good food, they have a club at nights too...nice crowd and good music...)

Pacific Beach Bar & Grill

860 Garnet Ave

San Diego , CA 92109

Phone: (619) 272-4745

Cuisine: American (this place is ok...my peruvian friends like it...typical bar atmosphere...)

Sadaf

828 Fifth Ave

San Diego , CA 92101

Phone: (619) 338-0008

Cuisine: Middle Eastern (nice food...and nice dance floor as the night goes by...they play a lot of trance/techno...)

Sammy's Woodfired Pizza

770 Fourth Ave

San Diego , CA 92101

Phone: (619) 230-8888

Cuisine: Pizza (awesome pizza!)

Star Of India Restaurant

423 F St

San Diego , CA 92101

Phone: (619) 544-9891

Cuisine: Indian (best indian food in san diego :aright: )

Trattoria Fantastica

1735 India St.

San Diego , CA 92101

Phone: (619) 234-1735

Cuisine: Italian (good italian food :) )

best clubs i think would be: e street alley, the red circle, on broadway, 4th and b, and probably smaller clubs like ole madrid, cafe sevilla, lips...pacific beach is more beach style, reggae clubs on mission blvd...la jolla is just cafe chic...some nice places to sit and see the ocean...try going to coronado, very cute and by the hotel del coronado is an amazing view of point loma and the beaches nearby...)

hope you have fun...:)

why thank you...:D better than going through a random site or picking a random place and it sucks...guess i am the san diego guide here...looool...too bad i'm moving out of here in 3 months....yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy................

:D

oh, i forgot marrakesh!!!! on pearl street in la jolla...they are the cutest place..........belly dancing, and awesome moroccan/french food...

OT: there's a place like this on thompson st in nyc called cookies and couscous..not sure about the dancing, but their food is awesome too...

:( to where are you moving? i still haven't met you!

Originally posted by sassa

...OT: there's a place like this on thompson st in nyc called cookies and couscous..not sure about the dancing, but their food is awesome too...

where on thompson? i'm from soho and don't know of it.

Originally posted by weyes

:( to where are you moving? i still haven't met you!

where on thompson? i'm from soho and don't know of it.

going back east :D

it's in front of this chess place and a falafel place called "sam's falafel"...one block away from waverly...and the court...

Originally posted by sassa

going back east :D

it's in front of this chess place and a falafel place called "sam's falafel"...one block away from waverly...and the court...

o, i know where you're talking about. where back east?

I think I might head back home to NY... I am begining to miss home too much and not much to do here and the job market really sux here.

Hey Sassa is that place near where all the tattoo's palors at in soho....I think I know it......

Originally posted by kross921

I think I might head back home to NY... I am begining to miss home too much and not much to do here and the job market really sux here.

Hey Sassa is that place near where all the tattoo's palors at in soho....I think I know it......

yeah it's close by those actually...they're on west 4th....

i kind of want to move back to ny..but there's a reason why i left...

think i'll end up in DC or canada...

Yeah, I kind of know what you mean in a way. I also left too but for some reason, I don't feel at home here. I feel like I'm being pulled back to NY again. I miss everything in NY, besides th clubs or lounges but , mostly the small mom an pops restaurants you can find hidden besides Mahattan but like Queens and Long Island, and Brooklyn...

The only thing nice here is the weather, cheap rent, and very laid back.. other than that SD is a retirement place for family....lol

Who knows in a month or two what will happen...

Yeah, I kind of know what you mean in a way. I also left too but for some reason, I don't feel at home here. I feel like I'm being pulled back to NY again. I miss everything in NY, besides th clubs or lounges but , mostly the small mom an pops restaurants you can find hidden besides Mahattan but like Queens and Long Island, and Brooklyn...

The only thing nice here is the weather, cheap rent, and very laid back.. other than that SD is a retirement place for family....lol

Who knows in a month or two what will happen...

i love that too...but it doesn't exist as much out here..and where is cheap rent? i've paid $1000 a month for a bedroom....

and you're right about the rest, sd is nice, but i think if you had a family...or you were retired...san diego is great. i love the geography of the place, but it is just not doing anything for me anymore...it's gotten boring and predictable...and i can't stand living in places when i feel that way...

You said it right predictable!!! lol

As for cheap rent, I live in Chula Vista and pay 850 for a one bedroom and it comes with a swimming pool and a small workout room.. (alittle shabby but its ok...)

I just got to say I do love the apartment here and the outdoor malls never seen those in NY all indoors but thats due to the weather....

Well I do miss the hustle and bustle of NY and its fast pace never knowing whats next......

I'm begining to think I came out here way too soon....lol

Hey where are you originally from? What part of NY? .. Me I'm from LI but my roots are from Brooklyn(carnarsie) and Queens(Flushing/ Bayside)....

You said it right predictable!!! lol

As for cheap rent, I live in Chula Vista and pay 850 for a one bedroom and it comes with a swimming pool and a small workout room.. (alittle shabby but its ok...)

I just got to say I do love the apartment here and the outdoor malls never seen those in NY all indoors but thats due to the weather....

Well I do miss the hustle and bustle of NY and its fast pace never knowing whats next......

I'm begining to think I came out here way too soon....lol

Hey where are you originally from? What part of NY? .. Me I'm from LI but my roots are from Brooklyn(carnarsie) and Queens(Flushing/ Bayside)....

everywhere...i've lived in jersey, manhattan, upstate...

i'm not a real new yorker though...i've been in too many places to say i've got my roots there...but one thing is for sure...there is no other city in the states that has the intensity, great nightlife, good food, and interesting people as nyc...

Forgot to add heart!! ALot of my friends in NY has it and here in cali, I find it hard to find people you can call them friends....alot of BS goes around here....from day one since I got here which was 5 months ago......

Forgot to add heart!! ALot of my friends in NY has it and here in cali, I find it hard to find people you can call them friends....alot of BS goes around here....from day one since I got here which was 5 months ago......

yeah people tend to not be as honest and upfront as they are on the East Coast...maybe because almost everyone here is on something...;)