Clubplanet Nightlife Community

S34 Question????

sobe2003

I thought that might be the reason as well but it was not on the email they sent out last week.

Also - I heard that was only a one week thing. That afternoon party you are thinking of took place about a month ago with Tracy Young right?

Anyone know the real reason???

Originally posted by sobe2003

I thought that might be the reason as well but it was not on the email they sent out last week.

Also - I heard that was only a one week thing. That afternoon party you are thinking of took place about a month ago with Tracy Young right?

Anyone know the real reason???

Space is trying gay-afterhours? Kinda like Twilo??

Also they are hosting a gay-friday with Able and Eddie X...

Sounds right up my alley:D

Guest saleen351

competition just moved in... big things to come on the same block.....

the 7am thing was because the late crowd doesn't spend any money, just cover and no drinks...

the noon thing is just stupid.... but this policy will 100% change, sooner then you think....

go reread my clubbing outlook guide....

Maybe those who expect to get comped at the door and get drink tickets ALL THE TIME dont drink afterhours, but A LOT of people do drink after 7am.

And I also think that the Tea Dance party starting at 5pm has something to do with Space closing at noon. Fine by me :)

Last I heard The Beach club closed the first weekend it re-opened, so competition is a far cry from being a reality.

Last weekend they had a gay afterhours if I'm not mistaken...I think it's bi-weekly at least.

The money reason is there too, not too many people drink after 7 AM. Not to say people don't, it's just the bulk of the people at Space after 7 AM choose not to...it's purely money driven...I'm sure it'll change up when season kicks in again.

As for competition, I honestly don't see The Beach or Nocturnal making a hoot of difference. The Beach hasn't got any lineups yet to write home about, and Nocturnal is too far in the future to be a cause for concern yet. I'll check in on The Beach, sure, but only out of curiosity right now really.

I think your posts/ideas are very valid. However there are many people who stay on the patio after 12pm.

I think there is more to this early closing . . . . Seems like they build the new place, double the size, and close earlier???

Maybe my good close personal friend Biz can shed some light after he puts down the law books.

Maybe my good close personal friend Biz can shed some light after he puts down the law books.

:laugh:

Maybe after I'm done handeling the Saleen case, I'll think about lookin' into it friend. Anything for you buttercup... ;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by biznation00

Maybe after I'm done handeling the Saleen case, I'll think about lookin' into it friend. Anything for you buttercup... ;)

i settled it out of court.....

your services are no longer needed...

Originally posted by biznation00

I appreciate that Biz - aka the poor man's Perry Mason. Would appreciate an answer after you are passing out flyers today. :aright:

cause space knows once rolands done with his set space aint worth the $20 bucks anymore..

the partys pretty much over after that..

unless ur mainroom but the patio is so cliche that noone would do afterhours in the main room

which i think is just gay..

My experience is that the closing of the main room depends on the crowd inside. Generally around 9am most people are on the patio. At the old Space - DT kept the main room open until after 2:00 p.m. when I was there.

The patio usually died around 2pm. It seems wierd that they are shutting the door down at 7:00 a.m. now. There must be some reason behind it?

Originally posted by andrewthomas

cause space knows once rolands done with his set space aint worth the $20 bucks anymore..

the partys pretty much over after that..

unless ur mainroom but the patio is so cliche that noone would do afterhours in the main room

which i think is just gay..

I SECOND THAT COMMENT. :D

Guest brwneydtrouble

My experience is that the closing of the main room depends on the crowd inside. Generally around 9am most people are on the patio. At the old Space - DT kept the main room open until after 2:00 p.m. when I was there.

The patio usually died around 2pm. It seems wierd that they are shutting the door down at 7:00 a.m. now. There must be some reason behind it?

The last time DT was at the old space, we closed the place down at 6pm. Patio was closed LONG before that.

They say its the new summer hours, personally last summer I didn't really want to stay that long on the patio cause it would get too freakin hot out there.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

They say its the new summer hours, personally last summer I didn't really want to stay that long on the patio cause it would get too freakin hot out there.

Finally ... took two days for the enlightment ... :rolleyes::D