Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Mix....remembering...

sgtfury

a few days ago, I passed the old spot that used to be the Mix on Washington ave...its a clothing store now...I went in and walked around..it was kind of sad..I know that some people hated the Mix, but, it was more than just a club for me..for a number of reasons..

ive yet to be anywhere that has come close to capturing that kind of vibe and energy... I had a lot of fun times there...it will always be missed by me..

I miss the mix too. That clothing store is blasphemy as far as I'm concerned smile.gif

Remember this room? hehe

© by me of course

[This message has been edited by pod (edited 04-02-2001).]

I was introduced to THE MIX by a good friend and also had some incredible times there. The scene was different and tiny compared to what it is today.....ho-hum......so any good clothes in the new spot? LOL!

------------------

Explode-02.gif

Not really..some good girl stuff is about it otherwise it's a goth store of sorts. Think Hot Topic. This girl i know needed to get a tounge ring, so we went in for a few minutes, while she bought the ring i went to take a whizz, and it seemed odd not to have to pay an attendant or hear the thundering bass smile.gif

The eternal question...how to weed out the idiots without a dresscode. It's fairly effective, but at the cost of comfort to a lot of people. I tend to not go too dressy unless i feel like it. I think it's the south beach ethos too, most places without a dress code tend to be pretty ratty anyhow, lotsa kids and shit.

Unrelatedly in a way...see above i think my picture is attached properly this time smile.gif

Will the Mix vibe ever live again?? I have no idea. But I miss it. Just what was it that made it so good: The no dress code, all the crackheads, the goodlooking slut wearing only underwear, the music, the staff, the venue itself? Probably a combo of all the above. I personally believe these places with dress codes are a cancer. I'm from DC where u can wear what u like or what your comfortable with. I know there are a lot of convicts in Miami that u want to weed out with a dress code, but there has to be a better way.

I think WMC is a good example of how SoBe really should be. I don't mean by all the famous DJs (shit I'd love that, but it's unrealistic) and tourists, but a lot of people that went were wearing everything but fancy dress clothes. Before I left to the Soulshine party on Sat., I was telling myself to wear whatever cos I knew how that people were not going to dress up for it, but I didn't wanna take my chances. For some reason it makes me feel like a regular thing now, even though it's uncomfortable. It's like a uniform to go clubbing in SoBe.

------------------

http://www.vinylbooth.com

Archived