Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To Abyss promoters

I have a suggestion regarding Abyss Saturday's. If the rumor of Hunka Bunka closing is true, I would highly recommend bringing in Kirk Lopez to be the resident Saturday night D.J. Nothing personal here, but the music on Saturday is weak. Just my opinion. I have been going to Abyss for years and look at the guys that D.J'ed on Saturday's before Joe. There was Mike Rizzo, Kirk Lopez, Craig Notto, and Chris Sanmarco. All these guys rocked!! How did this guy get in there anyhow? He is ok, but certainly not in the same league as the afore mentioned guys and isn't worthy of playing a big room. Once again, nothing personal (I know how everyone on this board gets offended so easily) is a nice guy.

I am the same guy, except you have misquoted me. I never said Prime lives in Kirk Lopez's shadow. Prime is not in the same league (just my opinion and I am entitled to it). His mixes are way off and his programming is average. Let me put it to you this way, I heard him play at the R-Bar a while ago and my girlfriend who isn't a club person noticed his constant double beating on ever mix. Kirk Lopez is a one of a kind and may be the best D.J. in the state. His mixes are flawless and his programming is top notch. Most of all there is variety in every set he plays. He can make an old track fit right in a set of new music without sounding out of place. Not to mention Kirk is the nicest guy in the world, I have not found that to be true of Prime. Note: when you shake hands with someone you might want to try looking at them.

Originally posted by unseen

I am the same guy, except you have misquoted me. I never said Prime lives in Kirk Lopez's shadow. Prime is not in the same league (just my opinion and I am entitled to it). His mixes are way off and his programming is average. Let me put it to you this way, I heard him play at the R-Bar a while ago and my girlfriend who isn't a club person noticed his constant double beating on ever mix. Kirk Lopez is a one of a kind and may be the best D.J. in the state. His mixes are flawless and his programming is top notch. Most of all there is variety in every set he plays. He can make an old track fit right in a set of new music without sounding out of place. Not to mention Kirk is the nicest guy in the world, I have not found that to be true of Prime. Note: when you shake hands with someone you might want to try looking at them.

normally i wouldnt even take the time to reply....but this i will..I work with Kirk often and work well with him...At Djais, Hunka Bunka, Joeys in Clifton. I have the up most respect for kirk hands down, and being in Kirks shadow is not a bad thing, as for my performance at r-bar that is ur opinion and u have the right to it, and im almost positive what night ur talking about it was when i was sick as a dog and couldnt hear in both ears also...I dont do gigs monthly or even weekly I hold Djing Gigs down for seasons and get re-booked year after year...and if i didnt look at you while i was djing its probually cuz i dont know u or i was mixing...I am very friendly with everyone and being You shook my hand you may want to be SEEN verses UN-SEEN....not like im gonna beat you up...its great to have people talk about me positive or negative, but not behind a screen name that doesnt have an identity...but i guess thats how people are....

I am open for critisism anytime...jsut dotn do it behind a screen name...be a man and post who you are...There is no validity to a person with a fake screen name.....

thanks for coming to r-bar too..

Prime...

First of all unseen You have no clue what u are talking about. yes big ups to kirk lopez because he is a talented Dj and i do have respect for him. but for you to say that Joe Ferdico is not worthy of playing a big room you have no clue what you are talking about. i would have to say joey is one of the better dj's out there. u know it kills me when some new person comes on this board and thinks they know what they are talking about when it comes to music when they have no clue. As for the music on sat being weak i do not know what you are talking about maybe you should try and come in one sat and here how good the music is joey drops beats every sat night. So before you go and open your mouth next time you should know what you are talking about and get a clue because obviously you have no idea about anything

you are entitled to your opinion but all the DJs in the world have their off nights. Like Prime said, he was sick that night... Everytime I hear Prime play, he gets the crowd going and have most of us dancing like there's no tomorrow... I can honestly say everytime I go whereever he is spinning, there will be people dancing around like crazy because he plays the crowd... which i might add is very special talent because alot of DJs are CD spinners and just play whatever they want and don't go with the crowd...

Also, It is one thing to like Kirk Lopez but why compare another DJ to him and then bash him in public... Kirk Lopez is good DJ, no doubt but so it Prime... I mean he is "Next Big Thing" Prime Lesner

:D

Originally posted by ag55

First of all unseen You have no clue what u are talking about. yes big ups to kirk lopez because he is a talented Dj and i do have respect for him. but for you to say that Joe Ferdico is not worthy of playing a big room you have no clue what you are talking about. i would have to say joey is one of the better dj's out there. u know it kills me when some new person comes on this board and thinks they know what they are talking about when it comes to music when they have no clue. As for the music on sat being weak i do not know what you are talking about maybe you should try and come in one sat and here how good the music is joey drops beats every sat night. So before you go and open your mouth next time you should know what you are talking about and get a clue because obviously you have no idea about anything

thought joe ferdico did level one?

Originally posted by ag55

Im good friends with Kirk and personally anyone in his shadow would be lucky....Kirk has alot of experience in the industry and anyone would be stupid not to try and learn a few things from him...SO Prime keep living in the shadow once u learn enuff ppl will then be in ur shawdow learning from u.

As for Joe Ferdico i agree he is an awsome DJ......Has he had abad nite, Ya, but who hasnt....I have had horrible nites promotionally and i know a few bigger DJs as well who have completely blown on a nite. for whatever reasons. ONE nite doesnt make or break anyone........longjivity is the key component in this business.....those who have it and can adpot as things change are the ones that stay around the longest...

Just LOOK AT ME....(CHEAP PLUG HERE) I WILL BE CELEBRATION MY 4 YEAR ANNIVERDSARY THIS SATURDAY AT ABYSS AND EVERYONE IS WELCOME....PM ME OR EMAIL ME AT SHOCKWAVEVIP@AOL.COM(END OF CHEAP PLUG LOL)

If anyone thinks Joe Ferdico is a Bad DJ then All I have to say to you is...GO hear him outside Of Abyss Where he can do what he wants. EXAMPLE: Surf Club This Summer Go check him out hell be there. Example 2 - WMC Clevelander Party..Out of all the Great DJ's that played that party Joe had one of the better Sets..Hands Down.

You have to understand that Sometimes what hes playin is not his choice, Management sometimes need the dj to play certain things to adapt to the crowd thats there. THINK ABOUT IT.

Originally posted by binoys

If anyone thinks Joe Ferdico is a Bad DJ then All I have to say to you is...GO hear him outside Of Abyss Where he can do what he wants. EXAMPLE: Surf Club This Summer Go check him out hell be there. Example 2 - WMC Clevelander Party..Out of all the Great DJ's that played that party Joe had one of the better Sets..Hands Down.

You have to understand that Sometimes what hes playin is not his choice, Management sometimes need the dj to play certain things to adapt to the crowd thats there. THINK ABOUT IT.

Couldnt have said it any better myself. Ferdico's set at Clevelander was one for the Record Books!

Everyone who posted here is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is that the previous Saturday residents rocked, regardless of restrictions by management. A real good D.J. can play a great night anywhere, for any crowd, under any circumstances. How many of you ever heard the guys I mentioned play when they were resident at Abyss? Most of you are probably too young to go back that far. My opinion is that Joe is not is the same league as these guys. He is better than average, but not a super D.J. Nothing personal against him or any of you but Saturday's are not what they used to be in years past. As a long time customer, I am making a suggestion.

Everyone who posted here is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is that the previous Saturday residents rocked, regardless of restrictions by management. A real good D.J. can play a great night anywhere, for any crowd, under any circumstances. How many of you ever heard the guys I mentioned play when they were resident at Abyss? Most of you are probably too young to go back that far. My opinion is that Joe is not is the same league as these guys. He is better than average, but not a super D.J. Nothing personal against him or any of you but Saturday's are not what they used to be in years past. As a long time customer, I am making a suggestion.

I have heard all 4 DJ's you mentioned. Out of the 4 yes I will agree Kirk probably can hold down almost any room. However over the last few years the Saturday crowd has gotten younger and what they like is more commercial. I think Ferdico plays well for the Saturday crowd at Abyss.