Clubplanet Nightlife Community

South Beach R.I.P.

attomic

Ok picking up off another thread the beach really does kinda suck these days, it deosnt have the wow factor it used to.....

Downtown seems to dominate with one stinking club and there is no fucking re-entry (my biggest gripe against SPACE34).... :rolleyes:

Guest saleen351

You owe me an footnote for using my 2003 slow season clubbing outlook...*

Its not business as usual over there over at space.. trust me on this one. To quote a 80's tune, "The heat is on"............

Maze will move the booth and put in new speakers in vip, and has a sick line up comming, and I hope a certain person and another certain person do their july 4th party there..;)

And for stryke, either at space or maze i'll support you. Though if you play space, i'm gonna have to stand outside listening to your set on my cell while hog has his on and has it in his pocket, and i'll guido fist pump on the sidewalk, while I flip marcus the bird..

It's our own fault! We complain about Space every single day but we continue to go there and only there. We just don't have the same love for the clubs on the beach anymore. None of them have the same pizazz as those of the old days. All we do is reminisce about Liquid, Shadow, The Mix! We need to create new memories! Save South Beach!

Are you referring to the new 2 am last call thing? As far as I know, that was brought on by the condo residents and developers... although they might be slicing their own rope by killing the nightlife on the beach - without it, the popularity will decline and their own real estate investments may lose value...

the clubs along washington ave have no one to blame but themselves for the drop off of quality events. if it gets much worse, i fully expect the city to come down harsh. the influx of thugs that come over from mainland dade are really ruining the beach.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by echoesofdusk

I second this... Keep your eyes open :cool:

I third this.... my eyes and hears are open..;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lextcy

I'm shaking my magic 8 ball and it even says even with all of their combined powers, south beach clubs will never overcome the fun but evil space 34? can you say domination, kids?

nope.... anyone with any economic understanding knows its not and won't be true.... barriers to entry is my only concern, who knows what kinda pull space has, but anyone with some good capital and understanding of clubs can damage them in a big way.

Adam Smith is still right 200 years later, and clubs are no different....

are they really thinking bout closing down the party scene at 2 a.m.? cuz then it will be kinda lame to go out, since every1 starts their party kinda late anyways...

also, didnt miami wana revamp downtown to revive it and make it into a club/going out area?...so what happened with that plan, they still have a bunch of bums runnin around and like 3 clubs open.... i'm so confused with wuts going on- miami politics dont make any sense :confused:

Originally posted by poysoniv

are they really thinking bout closing down the party scene at 2 a.m.? cuz then it will be kinda lame to go out, since every1 starts their party kinda late anyways...

also, didnt miami wana revamp downtown to revive it and make it into a club/going out area?...so what happened with that plan, they still have a bunch of bums runnin around and like 3 clubs open.... i'm so confused with wuts going on- miami politics dont make any sense :confused:

The answer is no.

Originally posted by saleen351

nope.... anyone with any economic understanding knows its not and won't be true.... barriers to entry is my only concern, who knows what kinda pull space has, but anyone with some good capital and understanding of clubs can damage them in a big way.

Not only is Adam Smith still right 200 years later, I heard he's also still alive and working as a scuba diving instructor at La Perla Beach resort in Costa Rica

playa.jpg

...personally, I find it hard to believe...

:confused:

the mighty ubiquitous invisible hand

Originally posted by lextcy

I'm shaking my magic 8 ball and it even says even with all of their combined powers, south beach clubs will never overcome the fun but evil space 34? can you say domination, kids?

I would tend to disagree. you have Maze, Nerve, and Opium to name but a few. with very qualified LOCAL promoters, who are injecting a much needed shot of adrenaline into sobe nightlife. you also have places like Beach club downtown, which people seem to overlook. however to not consider them a serious contender, for a slice of the downtown pie; would seem a little naive. the last thing the scene needs is a monopoly, in any respect.. growth and creativity comes from healthy competition …

the winner in the end will be the clubber.. they will have more choices.. thus forcing club owners to push the envelope in terms of talent, cover charges, etc. , and not rest on their laurels.

:)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

I would tend to disagree. you have Maze, Nerve, and Opium to name but a few. with very qualified LOCAL promoters, who are injecting a much needed shot of adrenaline into sobe nightlife. you also have places like Beach club downtown, which people seem to overlook. however to not consider them a serious contender, for a slice of the downtown pie; would seem a little naive. the last thing the scene needs is a monopoly, in any respect.. growth and creativity comes from healthy competition …

the winner in the end will be the clubber.. they will have more choices.. thus forcing club owners to push the envelope in terms of talent, cover charges, etc. , and not rest on there laurels.

:)

econ 101...

AS much as we love or hate space, competition is only good for us the clubber, so i hope space sinks like a ship so they'll change their ways.... Funny thing is, you never see any door issues at maze, but always space... Cause space don't give a fuck,

yet....

econ 101...

AS much as we love or hate space, competition is only good for us the clubber, so i hope space sinks like a ship so they'll change their ways.... Funny thing is, you never see any door issues at maze, but always space... Cause space don't give a fuck,

yet....

hell yeah

You know my take on this

If there were no Space then the guest DJ's would be spread out over the diff. clubs. As it happens to be now Space has like 80% of all the good guest DJ's on lock down. Going to the same club gets really borring. That and the doorman and bouncers are complete pricks.

YEah Saleen go give some of those bums a carton of cigs to burn that focker down.:D