Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC 2001 - party reviews

starstuff

Originally posted by marick:

no, the only time i saw him was at the ovum party. i really wish those guys would come down here more often! the vibe at the ovum party was great! i'll def. be going to that party every year from now on!

it's to bad we didn't meet. then again with all the people that were there it wuld have been next to impossable! maybe next year we'll have to meet-up for that party.

by the way, do you know a guy named tom amoroso? he's a friend of mine that lives in philly.

Yeah it was way too crowded there, I couldn't take it, i was there for like an hour or so. No i don't know Tom, sorry.

Next year is already in the making and we'll have a meet up,. no problem smile.gif

I have to agree, the conference used to be a lot better before. Too many people now, pushing up the covers, people that just want to go there to party. I networked my ass off again and have some good things in the works because of it.

I thought the weather sucked. I was there for 10 days and most of them were cloudy or rainy. It rained 3 weeks here in LA prior and I thought I was gonna get some sun, but of course on the days the sun came out, I didn't wake up until 4PM or so. This is definitely the only time to go to Miami though. You can't beat the lineups, if that's what you want out of it, but the contacts, music, etc. is even better.

But, since we're doing breakdowns here's mine:

Friday: United DJ's Of America/Level-free

Saturday: Radisson Pool to register, Detroit meets Miami BBQ-free (+ free food), Giant Hotel Opener-free (+ free drinks), was supposed to hit the Wax party but fell asleep.

Sunday: BossaNova/Palm Pictures Pool Party/Governor-free, SF by Definition/Sony Rooftop-free, Giant Hotel-free (+ free drinks), Hula Groove Party/People Lounge-free

Monday: URB Mag. private Boat/Mansion Party-free (+ free drinks), Naked Music Party/Albion-free, Danny Teneglia/Space-$40 (I guess I had to pay for something).

Tuesday: Soundmen on Wax/Clevlander-free, Revolution Mag./Release/Crobar Pool Sessions Party/Surfcomber-free, V2 Records Pool Party/The Albion-free (+ free drinks), K7/OM Records Party/Goddess-free

Wednesday: Mixology Pool Party/Raleigh-free (+ free drinks), Mixology after party (someplace, I was hallucinating)-free

Thursday: Missed my flight, got on another one flying stand-by, waited on the tarmac for 2 hours to take off, waited another hour in Atlanta after the flight was 3 hours delayed. Got home, went straight to the club I promote from the airport.

I'm still recovering from this. Miami, see you next year.

Damn Dlish,

That sucks you had that much trouble getting home. My flight went ok and I won some money during my lay over in Las Vegas. I heard a that they are going to have a Music Conference in Canada. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

------------------

B4.jpg?box=Inbox&MsgId=233_3596475_70523_1179_166822_0&bodyPart=3.5&filename=B4.jpg&YY=32740&order=down&sort=date&pos=0

hey dlish, are you sure you were in miami the week of the coference? because it didn't rain that whole week and the weather was beautiful! it was hardly ever cloudy (that i noticed anway), the sun was out every day for almost the whole day and it was at least 80 degress at all times! this sounds like pretty good weather to me!

maybe it was just your head that was a bit rainy & cloudy lol!

Archived