Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Saturday Space 34 Review

koky

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by hmnyc

if you listen to lawlers Dark Drums Cd's and Nu Breed its all tribal. His latest shit like lights out tour is all tech house its terrible. I like his old style but i don't think i will go and see him after a night like this for a while. The sound at space sux i can sit in front of the speaker at Arc all night and my ears will not be ringing, and i wasn't standing around any speakers so you figure it out. The Dj @ Blue spun better than lawler...

peace

trust me guy, lawler is not a tech house dj and lights out is definitely not tech house.

djs that play tech house... terry francis, eddie richards, terry lee brown jr, dave mothersole, babak, grant dell, etc.

yeah, i know. a bit late on the review... but better late then never.

so first off i'd like to thank biz for the hospitality. you are the man and another true music lover. like you said. "there are so few of us" thanks bro!

now for the venue. i dunno what i was expecting. more? less? the same? but i can't say i was disappointed. although i don't like the main room as much as i did the old venue, i still think it's a pretty nice venue. i wish they didn't bring those projector art thingy's from the old venue, but that's my only complaint about decor.

i don't know what all the bitching about the sound is. i myself am usually VERY critical of sound, but i thought it sounded 100% better than the old club. still not quite what mazes sounds like, but very close. i hope they maintain the proper tuning for it. the old venue had a killer system that just started to fall off the last few months the club was open.

i miss the low ceiling of the old venue. it made a huge room seem somewhat intimate. i liked the effects that the lights had in there. the new room, even w/ the rig lowered still didn't have too much effect. the overall ambient lighting in the room is too bright. it spills onto the dance floor and dims the effects of the show.

i will agree w/ many other people that there needs to be something done about the traffic flow through the room. it's a nightmare to go from the front by the booth to the back to take a piss. maybe like someone suggested, put some barriers around the floor ala crobar. that will separate the dance floor from the bar/bathroom traffic. also maybe make those boxes a little more visible ie taller. people sitting on them are equal height to people standing around them. that way its easier to see which direction not to walk when exiting the dance floor.

i was very impressed with how fast the line outside moved. very nice!! and i didn't even have trouble w/ the list. thanks for that. that always makes a clubbing experience much better. it always puts a bad cloud on the night if you have trouble before even entering the venue. everything was VERY orderly at the door. props.

now for the terrace. one word. wow! now that is an amazing setup. i love it. that alone will get me coming out to space more often (along w/ biz and killer vibes from roland!) it's perfect out there. bring the fans in for the summer (NOW!) and it's be the best place in the country. sound was great, but needs a bit more kick in the low end. i like the fact that it's bright out there. even at night. i like the white decor, the lights everything. i stood up in the booth for quite a while and just enjoyed what i feel is the best room in miami. it was amazing to look out at the crowd with all that space to dance.

overall, space did a pretty good job. only major thing i would have done differently would have been the opening in the ceiling to the second floor. i would have kept it as 2 separate rooms. leave the upstairs VIP and during big dj's, pump the sound from the main room in. other than that, keep a separate dj in there. most VIP's don't care what music is playing anyway ;) nice job space!

now one last note.... zabiela rocked the place! get him as a resident dj opening for the big boys (howells/lawler/deep dish etc). that's his perfect sound. AND BOOK FVCKING SASHA AND/OR DIGWEED!!!!

i never said lawler was a tech house dj, alot of the reviews i have read within the past year and hearing him this past weekend proves that he now spins more tech house than tribal. even the few tribal tracks that he spun on sat nite were terrible. oh and pick up the Fabric cd with Terry Francis that has alot of tribal on there. on that note Lawler was a dissapointment.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by james954

yeah, i know. a bit late on the review... but better late then never.

so first off i'd like to thank biz for the hospitality. you are the man and another true music lover. like you said. "there are so few of us" thanks bro!

now for the venue. i dunno what i was expecting. more? less? the same? but i can't say i was disappointed. although i don't like the main room as much as i did the old venue, i still think it's a pretty nice venue. i wish they didn't bring those projector art thingy's from the old venue, but that's my only complaint about decor.

i don't know what all the bitching about the sound is. i myself am usually VERY critical of sound, but i thought it sounded 100% better than the old club. still not quite what mazes sounds like, but very close. i hope they maintain the proper tuning for it. the old venue had a killer system that just started to fall off the last few months the club was open.

i miss the low ceiling of the old venue. it made a huge room seem somewhat intimate. i liked the effects that the lights had in there. the new room, even w/ the rig lowered still didn't have too much effect. the overall ambient lighting in the room is too bright. it spills onto the dance floor and dims the effects of the show.

i will agree w/ many other people that there needs to be something done about the traffic flow through the room. it's a nightmare to go from the front by the booth to the back to take a piss. maybe like someone suggested, put some barriers around the floor ala crobar. that will separate the dance floor from the bar/bathroom traffic. also maybe make those boxes a little more visible ie taller. people sitting on them are equal height to people standing around them. that way its easier to see which direction not to walk when exiting the dance floor.

i was very impressed with how fast the line outside moved. very nice!! and i didn't even have trouble w/ the list. thanks for that. that always makes a clubbing experience much better. it always puts a bad cloud on the night if you have trouble before even entering the venue. everything was VERY orderly at the door. props.

now for the terrace. one word. wow! now that is an amazing setup. i love it. that alone will get me coming out to space more often (along w/ biz and killer vibes from roland!) it's perfect out there. bring the fans in for the summer (NOW!) and it's be the best place in the country. sound was great, but needs a bit more kick in the low end. i like the fact that it's bright out there. even at night. i like the white decor, the lights everything. i stood up in the booth for quite a while and just enjoyed what i feel is the best room in miami. it was amazing to look out at the crowd with all that space to dance.

overall, space did a pretty good job. only major thing i would have done differently would have been the opening in the ceiling to the second floor. i would have kept it as 2 separate rooms. leave the upstairs VIP and during big dj's, pump the sound from the main room in. other than that, keep a separate dj in there. most VIP's don't care what music is playing anyway ;) nice job space!

now one last note.... zabiela rocked the place! get him as a resident dj opening for the big boys (howells/lawler/deep dish etc). that's his perfect sound. AND BOOK FVCKING SASHA AND/OR DIGWEED!!!!

good review, but as i look back on my review and comparing it to other clubs, I think space should have gone with the sunken patio dance floor and moved the booth to the center.. , and put in movable walls... And for the main room, I'd just use a J-dam and start ova... :blown:

i was in miami for the weekend went to check out lawler becasue last time i saw him was over a year ago at Vinyl. the sound at space sux and lawler set sucked to much tech house and hard tribal, hes a dj that i will have to scratch of my list of dj's to see. it seems like the whole club is VIP what kinda shit is that. their were alot of beautiful girls i think alot hotter ones than in NYC. anyways i think next time im down in miami i will stay away from space. overall had a decent time in miami, love the warm weather.

till next time

YOU BUDDY ARE BANNED FROM SPACE!!!!!!!!! FOREVER!!!!:2guns:

i never said lawler was a tech house dj, alot of the reviews i have read within the past year and hearing him this past weekend proves that he now spins more tech house than tribal. even the few tribal tracks that he spun on sat nite were terrible. oh and pick up the Fabric cd with Terry Francis that has alot of tribal on there. on that note Lawler was a dissapointment.

bro, no offense, but Lights Out 1 came out what, last year?

Tribal is done, tech house and more progressive sounds are in, so that's what Lawler is playing...he keeps with the times.

You don't have to stick to a specific genre to be a first class DJ....

btw...the Lights Out CD is not even primed for the dancefloor...it's slow and intricate...more for easy listening at home...

lol

you're confused... terry francis is tech house. his fabric release is considered tech house, not tribal. just because it might have some sort of drum element in the track doesn't automatically make it tribal.

oh well, to each his own.

Originally posted by nexusgroove

Great....... another UFO on the board...

who are you what do u want!

UR BANNED TOO SO LOSE THE NAME. [/QUOT

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU????????

I hope that tree that you are sitting under, drops a HUGE mango on your head...

& Don' t hate on my Screen name :D