Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ministry of Sound cds 7.99 at Sam Goody!

Just was at a Sam Goody today, they had about 25 ministry of sound double & triple disc sets selling for 7.99. These cds usually are $25 or so since they are imports, there were some decent cds, like Clubbers Guide to Ibiza 2002, Ferry Corsten, lotsa other stuff. There were a bunch with a lot of the cheesy KTU music, so if you like that check that out. . . if not, there is some good real music, I picked up 4 of them. Very good. . .check that out . . .

No, just the Wiz (I mean the Waz) is closed. . .I know personally, worked at their Eatontown store in Monmouth Mall. . .

Yeah, guy there said they received a bunch of boxes of these disks, would assume all stores got the same.

MOS cd's were great years ago...when there was only ONE annual, ONE trance mix, and ONE club mix. Now it has become a huge commercial product that produces less and less quality tunes and about 50 comps a year...a least a dozen chill-out cd's, and there's something like 5 different Ibiza ones as well. In fact, the last time I had any interest in MOS comps, I had the entire tracklisting months in advance....I mean shit I was playing in April of 2002 was on a lot of their albums after the summer was over. When I go out and buy a comp, I want it to have tracks I never heard of. MOS cd's def serve a purpose, but they have worn out their welcome with me. As for buying comps these days, I look for stuff off Naked Music, OM Records, and Hook Recordings.

Originally posted by bigsteve8

Just was at a Sam Goody today, they had about 25 ministry of sound double & triple disc sets selling for 7.99. These cds usually are $25 or so since they are imports, there were some decent cds, like Clubbers Guide to Ibiza 2002, Ferry Corsten, lotsa other stuff. There were a bunch with a lot of the cheesy KTU music, so if you like that check that out. . . if not, there is some good real music, I picked up 4 of them. Very good. . .check that out . . .

Hey BIG steve,

How are the cds? What type of music?

Victor Soto

Originally posted by tizbone

MOS cd's were great years ago...when there was only ONE annual, ONE trance mix, and ONE club mix. Now it has become a huge commercial product that produces less and less quality tunes and about 50 comps a year...a least a dozen chill-out cd's, and there's something like 5 different Ibiza ones as well. In fact, the last time I had any interest in MOS comps, I had the entire tracklisting months in advance....I mean shit I was playing in April of 2002 was on a lot of their albums after the summer was over. When I go out and buy a comp, I want it to have tracks I never heard of. MOS cd's def serve a purpose, but they have worn out their welcome with me. As for buying comps these days, I look for stuff off Naked Music, OM Records, and Hook Recordings.

i have to agree with you on that TIZ

but still i can not pass up the price @ the 7 and change right?

imean there are alot of sets that i dont have so

getting them all might (juts might) have enough good things on it to balance out ya know?